11-AA

tigers90

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to disagree McEwenAlumni- all 3 looked very good. Waverly is still learning Coach Trotters system but they are picking it up quickly. Harpeth looked very good- they beat Northeast by 20 and Cheatham looked good beating a depleted CPA team (missing 5 or 6 of their top 8), Pearl-Cohn, and beat West Creek in OT.

That district will be a race/battle all year long- don't sleep on Harpeth even though Cheatham is the favorite

Have to disagree McEwenAlumni- all 3 looked very good. Waverly is still learning Coach Trotters system but they are picking it up quickly. Harpeth looked very good- they beat Northeast by 20 and Cheatham looked good beating a depleted CPA team (missing 5 or 6 of their top 8), Pearl-Cohn, and beat West Creek in OT.

That district will be a race/battle all year long- don't sleep on Harpeth even though Cheatham is the favorite

Cheatham is still not at full strength either, as their football team continues to advance in the playoffs. I do think this will be a very competitive and improved District overall. Harpeth lost a lot of Seniors but has a rock solid core of guys back including Hurt, Anderton, Dole, and Newton. Waverly will be tough with a new style of play and Mullinicks and Etheridge back as well as some good young players. Creekwood could surprise some folks this year as well. They have Morgan and Plunkett back as well as some really good frosh and sophs. Camden could be a threat if Hudson gets healthy and gets back in playing shape soon-he is one of the top players in the District for sure. Cheatham will be tough though, with most of their key guys back and better than last year. Saunders will be one of the top players around and they have a bunch of guys with a lot of experience and athleticism. Should be a great year in 11AA!

I agree, you better not count Harpeth out of the mix. I've been impressed with what I have seen so far from them. I do think Cheatham is the hands on favorite and will be tough to beat. Creek Wood should be in the mix as well and seems to be sort of the forgotten team. They have some of the best young talent around. Waverly may have the most overall talent, but has a new coach. Don't really see the other teams challenging these four. Maybe Camden, but doubt it. Montgomery Central is the same old Central and Stewart County will be as bad as always. Should be a good year though and ready for it to begin.

Not the same cause those guys aint scorers. Defenders yes, help set the tempo for the defense but not gonna help much on the offensive end. CPA was missing about 35 points and a lot of their toughness.

It was a good game and I am not trying to take anything away from the Cubs but I would love to see them both play at full strength

Cheatham County should win every district game they play this year. I'm afraid they might get caught early because of Football. Not sure how many of the basketball players play football, but Cheatham Co., should run away with the district this season. Waverly is just a little above average team, their new coach is intense, (having watched his Summertown teams the past couple of years). As far as Harpeth, watched you guys last year, and was not impressed, yal did upset Cheatham but no way you upset them this year. Going to watch Camden tomorrow, will learn more about them then.

only 2 basketball players are on the football team and one of them should be the starting sf when he comes back but for the sake of the football team that won't be for another few weeks

Edited by cubs13