Crockett County versus Maplewood

midtnmale

It's been over twenty-four since the brackets has been announced. Interests in this game appears to be low on all sides. Seeing that no one has started a thread I figured I would. Both teams enter the playoffs with 6-4 records. I don't know anything about the Cavaliers beyond what I've been able to glean from this and other websites.

The Panthers played a good game at Boyd-Buchanan about ten days ago. In my opinion they have only played two good games all year: Whites Creek and Boyd. Still, neither were not up to the level they could be. Their running game and passing game haven't been much to fear by the opposition. But they keep plodding along. I think Maplewood has a good chance for a win. But turnovers, penalties, and a poor punting game could lead to a loss much like in the Stratford game.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a long time cavalier fan... Usually start out threads on here but haven't been lately.. Been really busy. But my cavs seem to improve every game... And if they come to play ball I think we have the potential to play a lot of teams close. We're a young team .. We have some speed and a few good RBS one is a senior and two other good backs both only sophomores if I'm not mistaken. Our D started out slow but seems to be playing with a little fire now! Guess will see how it goes! Goo CROCKETT !! Go in and play with some heart and leave it all on the field!! ðŸ‘

Crockett relies on there running back a lot, you can see him getting about 15 rushes and 5 to 10 receptions, there defense struggled for the first part, but has gotten better week bye week. Yes they are 6-4, but the 4 losses came to South Gibson, and Covington (both 10-0 teams) Milan (8-2) and Dyersburg (9-1, that loss came to Covington), but the only impressive win came to Humboldt and Martin-Westview. In my opinion, whoever wins the special teams category, wins the game.

I don't know anything about Maplewood, but I do know that a Kevin Ward coached team will be hard to beat in round one of the playoffs. He has been at Crockett a couple of years now the boys are getting used to his system and style. He's a great coach and thrives on being the underdog in the playoffs. I hope he is the dog in this one ------------- haven't heard. Country school 27, City School 20. Means more to country school.

Well, I have not seen Maplewood since the semi-finals of last year's playoffs. We saw enough of their running back to get sent home, but i understand that he is gone now. I saw Crockett this year and thought they were much improved since last year.

If Maplewood slipped to 6-4, they obviously are not as good as before. And, CC is better that they had been. Based on the state rankings, though, I suspect that Maplewood will take this one at their place. Maplewood also had last year's playoff run to season their remaining players. That playoff experience will also help them.

I will pull for our district member (CC) but I think they have a "hard row to hoe".

Well ....rather busy out side of coach t ..lets see Maplewood had the week off ..got rested up healed up ..should be ready to play panther football ...the road starts here ..been down it before ...lets see how far they can go without going flat or ruuning out of gas ...I cant say say much about this other team ..so i wont ..i will say both teams paly hard be safe and have fun!!! good luck to all.. and go Panthers!!!!!

see you at the game ..boski out!!!

good luck to both teams...im hopin for a west W but i really enjoyed how hard maplewood played the game when we saw them last year...i realize they may be down for maplewood standards...but i think they still take this game...crockett hasnt seen a defense this good yet and their offense is pretty vanilla...i dont think they will be able to score

good luck and safe travels

mwood 21

CC 0

ive only seen crockett twice this year, both in loses.(sgc,milan) They have some good young athletes and coaching. They can compete in this one for sure. The D will need to hold up and the rbs will need a good game, but i think the biggest key maybe for this game as a whole will be corcketts ability or inability to pass the ball. Only 19 pass yds against milan and i noticed when they were down late vs sgc they hardly even tried to pass, making them easy to stop. we loaded the box. If they can hit a couple passes early it could really open up the cc running game. if that happens and the D come to play, this will be a fun one to watch