To Milan and South Gibson People

spectator1

Nothing against South Gibson, but this isn't a surprising result. I saw them earlier this year and thought they looked well-coached and well-organized but not quite ready for the big time yet. They had some good players, but also at times looked like what you'd expect from a second year program.

Fact is, they benefitted from a weak schedule and playing a (trending?) mediocre Milan team, though credit to SG for beating who they had to. Playoffs are a whole other deal though, and needless to say SG is still a ways yet from fielding a team that can compete with good East and Middle Tenn teams.

That said, congrats to the seniors and everyone else on the team for their great season.

Don't know what they'll have in 2013, but the pieces are in place to build a strong program in the years to come.

• Upvote 1

like i said. take them out and medina is not good . no depth. milan has always had depth at key positions. that's why we've been to the playoffs 30 yrs in a row with 6 state championship appearances. and no medina didn't move the ball well. big play, turnovers and a stupid penalty won that game for medina. won't happen again.DONE!!!!!!!!!!

So you are saying that if Coleman and or Powell broke an ankle at the begining of the 3rd quarter than Milan is just as good without them? Well then Milan is indeed the best team in the state! In my humble opinion, IF your STARTING qb or rb goes down that "typically" a team is not as good. You have to admit you comment is a little skewed! SGC had a good year and has started a good tradition. 2 years of varsity action. . . . 2 years in the playoffs!

So you are saying that if Coleman and or Powell broke an ankle at the begining of the 3rd quarter than Milan is just as good without them? Well then Milan is indeed the best team in the state! In my humble opinion, IF your STARTING qb or rb goes down that "typically" a team is not as good. You have to admit you comment is a little skewed! SGC had a good year and has started a good tradition. 2 years of varsity action. . . . 2 years in the playoffs!

wouldn't be the best team in the state. that distinction is based in east tenn. but yeah, they would be just as good. that's how milan operates. put that in your pipe and smoke it.thumb[1].gif

wouldn't be the best team in the state. that distinction is based in east tenn. but yeah, they would be just as good. that's how milan operates. put that in your pipe and smoke it.thumb[1].gif

Apparently you have already been smoking it for me! You are crazy,very naive, or down right blitzed out of your mind to think that! But once again Milan is the reigning state champs right?

Milan fans will hate me when i say this but...

I want to see Milan play a Lexington, Henry CO. or like a North Side. Yes, i know Gibson County is a district game. But since they are dropping down, play someone that has competition. (No offense Pioneers) play a good team that gives you 4 quarters, play a team that you guys are predicted to be underdogs. I know traveling 60+ minutes, sucks, but play a Independence, a Ridgeway, or go out of state. Stop plating weak non-district teams, like a Peabody, or Humboldt, where its the money that matters.

Apparently you have already been smoking it for me! You are crazy,very naive, or down right blitzed out of your mind to think that! But once again Milan is the reigning state champs right?

pretty obvious you can't read very well lil dude. or just down right too stupid to understand that milan is a team with good backup players also. that's why milan has been winning on a consistent basis for the last 30 years.

Milan fans will hate me when i say this but...

I want to see Milan play a Lexington, Henry CO. or like a North Side. Yes, i know Gibson County is a district game. But since they are dropping down, play someone that has competition. (No offense Pioneers) play a good team that gives you 4 quarters, play a team that you guys are predicted to be underdogs. I know traveling 60+ minutes, sucks, but play a Independence, a Ridgeway, or go out of state. Stop plating weak non-district teams, like a Peabody, or Humboldt, where its the money that matters.

so sick of reading about milan plays a weak schedule. blah, blah,blah! and we should play this team or that team blah, blah,blah!i think the teams you mentioned play weak schedule's and should schedule a huntington, peabody, crockett, westview or covington. let's get off the weak schedule crap and play the hand we're dealt and try to get to the gold ball game. milan has won consistent for the past 30 years and people are tired of it and always have to throw the schedule thing out there. get over it and just realize that milan is very good at what they do.

pretty obvious you can't read very well lil dude. or just down right too stupid to understand that milan is a team with good backup players also. that's why milan has been winning on a consistent basis for the last 30 years.

I read well. I am very educated and definitely not little. If Powell and Coleman aren't the best at their position and someone else is just as good, then why are they playing every down on offense and why is Coleman playing every down period. Your arrogance is obviously getting in the way of your apparently huge brain!

I read well. I am very educated and definitely not little. If Powell and Coleman aren't the best at their position and someone else is just as good, then why are they playing every down on offense and why is Coleman playing every down period. Your arrogance is obviously getting in the way of your apparently huge brain!

Dave, I think what Thedawg may be trying to say (not that it matters now) is by the third quarter a 10-0 team should have pretty much sealed the deal on a 4-6 team. Powell and coleman should be watching from the sidelines. Just like they did friday night.

Dave, I think what Thedawg may be trying to say (not that it matters now) is by the third quarter a 10-0 team should have pretty much sealed the deal on a 4-6 team. Powell and coleman should be watching from the sidelines. Just like they did friday night.

As you by now know records go out the book when playoff tie hits. Its all about matchups. Remember there have been several 3 and 4 loss teams to win state. East Hickman matched up well with SGC. The fact that Carlos boke his ankle at the begining of the 3rd quarter did not help. I do not want anyone to take anything away from the tremendous season this 2nd year program has had. Apparently Milan fans forget that they have not ALWAYS been good at football.