Faking a punt up 35 with 4 minutes left in the game!

automatic

i never said i agree with your account and you didn't say anything about Smith going against the coaches telling him not to do it.

Thank you for agreeing with my factual account. If you disagree with my account, state the mistake.

You are the only person I have heard that is implying that Smith was told BEFOREHAND not to fake the punt. What is your source? Because the only thing I have heard is that CRB yelled at him after the fact. Maybe you had a better vantage point from the visitor's side.

From your first post about this topic, you have tried to spin this situation by giving partial information and innuendo to make this look like something it was not. You have agreed with my account with exactly what happened. I am comfortable letting people who did not see the game read the account that you and I both agree with and make their own decision about just who has been classless in this situation.

If you read my last post you would see I have never agreed with your account.Obviously we have different views.To me it's kind of like stealing a base in a baseball game when your up 12 runs.Just don't need to do it.

Baseball has nothing to do with this football game. I have asked you twice to tell me where my account is inaccurate. You have not given any discrepancy other than that you wanted your jv to get the ball back instead of your first team. You don't want to SAY that you agree, yet the fact is that you don't state anywhere what you disagree with. I'll try one more time. If you don't tell me where I am misstating EXACTLY what happened, I can only assume that you agree.

CAK was running out the clock with their jv

The jv got to a 4th down

Josh Smith entered the game as the punter

Because it was open, Josh Smith JOGGED for a first down, running out of bounds when there was open field ahead.

CAK's jv came back on the field and CONTINUED to run the clock out.

Automatic, the reason you haven't given a specific to where I am in error is that you know it is FACTUAL.

I have provided the context of the fake punt, while your original post intentionally left out the context and game situations so that you could attempt to make it look like something it wasn't. Again, sir, that is disingenuous.

Edited by Govolsknox

Just an outsider looking in but i think automatic is just a upset parent that is complaining cause his team didnt get the chance to score again on CAK. I understand auto im a parent and believe me i would want the punt also however its football. If u want the ball take it away or stop the guy its that simple. No pity points. I dont see anything classless about what the kid did even if it was on my Owls. Its playoff time stepup or go home. Auto looks like me and u gonna be at the house or watching someone else. I apolgize if i offended any Loudon fans with the sad program comment wasnt meant to. Yall made it to the playoffs u have to have a good squad and im happy for u guys. Good Luck in the future.But come on im biggest Owl fan in the world Auto but did me or u actually think that we were playing for anything else other than 3rd place behind CAK and Alcoa? I know we were hoping but reality is reality

I am a huge Loudon fan. The game was over long before this. It's not that big of a deal.Even if we got the ball back and scored we still lose.Put it behind and come out next year and cheer on a good group of kids.

Hardrocker, how much do you weigh? you should go on a diet, a calorie restrictive diet including exercise. I also agree the game was long over before this. And it's not that big of a deal. Also agree that if Loudon got the ball back & scored you still lose. Also agree it should be put behind, done & over with and come out next year and cheer on a great group. And I can't believe it's still being discussed. It's a football game, not a don't hurt the feelings of those in the stands game. Get over it, they did nothing offensive even if they would of called the fake just to maintain poss & run out the clock. If the game's over call thegame & everyone go home. You stop the fake, you get the ball back in better field poss, & Oh give everyone a trophy for participation while we're at it. It's tackle(Big Boy) football not flag, at least that's what it's supposed to be. Sounds like someone is hung up on it. Hope yall come to your senses, move on & enjoy the game. Forgive & forget, tho they did nothing wrong

Anyone who has ever played CAK or has scouted them knows that CAK has a rugby style punter and that if you don't cover him on defense that the CAK punter will run for the first down. This is basic stuff.

Seems to me the real question that needs to be asked of the Loudon coaches is why did they not defend the play that they knew was coming. They could have and forced the punt but they choose not to and the CAK punter smartly ran for the first down (not touchdown) and CAK continued to run the clock out.

I'm throwing an unbiased flag on the Loudon fans for making a big deal out of this.

You wanted Josh Smith to punt the ball back to your First team so they could score on CAK's jv.

That is the bottom line, sir.

It was 35 to 21 in the 2nd quarter until CAK scored in the final minute and got to 42 before the intermission. I would say they had no trouble scoring on your varsity. They just couldn't stop CAK from scoring every time they touched it.