West at Powell

WestHigh4Life

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was moving his arms and legs before leaving the field.

Jesse Smithey tweeted that he was going up for testing at the hospital, and so far so good. Hopefully the tests are more precautionary than anything.

It was a really nasty, but perfectly legal, collision that knocked him out of the game. The medical staff did a terrific job of getting him stabilized and ready to transport. Hats off to them all.

What a great kid! Just a sophomore if I'm not mistaken. Hope everything's alright.

Ok hopefully Trey Dodge and Zach Stuart are playing for West this week because they left the south doyle game Friday with injuries and Stuart has been dinged up since the Lenoir City Game...Both guys are good run stoppers on defense and also play TE for special packages on offense, so not having them is crucial besides the fact they are Senior leaders...

That being said I expect both to play since this could be their last game as a West Rebel..This game is going to come down to penalties, turnovers, and field position. If West protects the ball and cuts down on the penalities, then it will be up to Powell to stop them which they are more than capable of doing. However, a good defense doesn't need help from an offense to shoot themselves in the foot. I know both teams are going to try to control the clock by running it and both are effective at doing that. I expect this game to be close and I expect Ryan Francis to be the difference with his experience and his will to win.

I say West 20 Powell 17.

Go Rebels!

Remember when you said whoever picked Bearden over DB last week owes DB and apology....yeah, I think I may owe Powell an apology....sorry to see your season come to an end young man

What you all think besides Maryville I think there district was a little overated.... West, LC, both got beat.... They still are a little better but they are alot closer that what I thought..... goodluck Powell!

Maryville is a given, while Bearden, West, and Lenoir City are all solid teams. Catholic and Farragut both would have been competitive in our district. Bearden got DB in the first round of the playoffs, so they weren't going to go far. West had a lot of the same problems against Powell again, and LC put the ball on the ground a ton against Ooltewah, and that killed them.

That being said, outside of Maryville, I think District 3-AAA has held their own in comparison. This district just doesn't have the depth of District 4-AAA. I don't think Hardin Valley and Central would have been playoff teams in District 4-AAA. They were probably on par (or just below) with Farragut and Catholic. AC had the same turnover issues that killed LC against Ooltewah. OR went toe to toe with Maryville for 3+ quarters last week. Powell is hanging in there, and took out a solid West team. If Powell finds a way to return to the title game, I think it'll be safe to say that District 3-AAA was much more underrated than everyone thought. I don't know if they will get there, but the Panthers have a shot. This matchup with THS is going to be tough, not just because the Vikings are a solid team, but because they run that AC-like offense, and Powell struggled with that early in the season.

Edited by osunut2