Lebanon Head Coaching Search

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people do not have a clue. The problem with Lebanon athletics is not the Principal at all. She was told who to hire and fire. She would have kept some of the coaches and hired better ones if needed. Look at how many different Principals has been at LHS in the past 10 years so that should tell you what the problem is. Higher ups and parents are the problem with LHS sports. The coaches they had were very good coaches but higher ups felt differenly and listen to parents complain because there little johnny was not playing or because he got disciplined and had to sit out a game or that there son was a D1 player when they could not even play college ball. I know nothing about LHS Basketball but I am familar with Football and baseball. They took a huge step down in the coaches they hired when Myra got there. Both the football and baseball coach were good coaches and what most people do not understand is they were in the district with Rutherford county schools the best district in the state and did quite well many of those years. Lebanon has no talent and the coaching has gone down hill and the results are alot less wins. If I was Lebanon I would bring back Brown in football and Slone in baseball and you would see a improvement,not that either one would come back. I am not saying they are going to win a state championship because there is not enough talent but you would see a big improvement.

good post. it is all about a council of 2 or 3 possibly with the county mayor involved. they run the coaching show. all you got to do is look at the situation. over 30 apps for the football job including those with state experience. no coach. over 30 apps including thomas from shelbyville who made the finals a few years ago. they hire the soccer coach from wilson central as hc. baseball i know nothing about and nobody knows this guy other than he as a jv coach in nashville and he did save someone's life. just have heard some bad things about how the program is being run.as to ms sloan i hear she runs a very tight academic ship but cares nothing about athletics. bottom line you have a new school with great facilities. lebanon is located in an area that would attract great candidates from all over the south and the midwest. the app pool should be crammed packed with great coaches. yet we have what we have. anyone want to disagree with me?

I guess coacht didn't like my comment about you but it was on there long enough to where I beleive you were able to see it! MJ excelles not only in sports but in the classroom as well.

I saw it. You might want to correct the spelling errors in your post (excels not excelles) before you brag on that excellent education one receives at MJHS.

I guess the education I received at Cosby High School wasn't so bad after all.