Hunter's Lane

tnhsfbfan85

Busing actually started in the late 60's..............athletics were still viable probably into the late 80's and early 90's; then the "death spiral" started. Metro is still very strong and competitive in athletics..............but the strength is centered in the "Metro privates".

Metro publics get very limited "printed" publicity, very little fan support; scattered support from administration (to many admininstrators.......athletics is but a necessary evil). To compare 6A/5A metro public schools to the surrounding 6A/5A schools............just not a level playing field any longer. IMHO

also............IMHO; the real damage of busing was the destruction of community schools; this basically killed real support. There used to be some great communities withing the metro publics with great support.

Examples...........Donelson use to have 2 HS's with great support -gone!! Bellevue was a great community based school; there is no HS in Bellevue (except for one called Ensworth). Madison - gone; Dupont-gone.............................big old comprehensive schools with zero community backing maybe the culprit along with the stupidity of the grand social engineering called busing..........note done by the extremely efficient federal govt and friends.

I believe desegregation was in full force by the mid-60's, and some children may have been bused, but I don't think that busing with the sole purpose of forcing integration in schools began until about the early 70's.

I began my formal education in 1968. For the first two year or three years I had classmates, who also lived in my neighborhood, going to the same schools as I. But around about the third or fourth year I had friend who lived just two streets over being bused to Old Center (near Goodlettsville) instead of Kings Lane (less than two miles away).

I do agree that the demise of neighborhood schools is part of the problem. But it's getting better at the high school level than it used to be. The area around the old North High used to be zoned for Hillwood. Students were actually bused across another zone to get to Hillwood.

Edited by midtnmale

Great example.....why in the world do you ever think it would work sending the kids from around the old North High School area to Hillwood. Or even better why would you build a Pearl/Cohn and expect the kids from West Nashville area (old Cohn) to go there with open arms right off Jefferson Street. Just two stupid examples of why the Nashville public school system is in the shape it is today. Heck, this has been hashed out here on CoachT many times but it never seems to get old.

Or I'll give you another one from the King's Lane area....sending those kids up to Joelton to school....boy that worked out well didn't it:) We can go on and on :)

I am just curious about the job. I don't have any comments as far as MNPS are concerned. I will let you guys discuss that among yourselves. I still believe that Finley is the right guy for the job at Hunters Lane. He is interested in winning football games not debating over issues that have been posted about time and time again on these boards.

I am just curious about the job. I still believe that Finley is the right guy for the job at Hunters Lane. He is interested in winning football games not debating over issues that have been posted about time and time again on these boards.

Cody Finley should be their guy. 68-54 all-time coaching record at Cheatham County with 8 playoff appearances in 11 years. The Cubs had only been to the playoffs 5 times in the history of the school before he took over.

I am just curious about the job. I don't have any comments as far as MNPS are concerned. I will let you guys discuss that among yourselves. I still believe that Finley is the right guy for the job at Hunters Lane. He is interested in winning football games not debating over issues that have been posted about time and time again on these boards.

Just like the posts from you about where is he is now? Have interviews began? Is he getting an interview?

Just like the posts from you about where he is now? Have interviews began? Is he getting an interview?

How so? He is interested in coming to HL to "better" their football program and make them a competitor on Friday nights. Just because he wants to leave CC doesn't mean that he, or I, would ever get on a "CC Coaching Search" thread (if one did in fact come open) and start dogging them out. If you ask him about the experience he's had at CCCHS then I am sure he'd be the first to tell you that he is very thankful to have had the opportunity to teach/coach there for 15 years (11 as head coach) and he would be first class about everything.

As far as an interview is concerned, I wouldn't know! I hope that they'll give him a look and strongly believe that he should get a look however what I wish for and what actually happens are 2 totally different things. The word on the street is that close to 90 applicants have taken a look at this position so to say "one is more deserving than the rest" would really be unfair and disrespectful to the others.

Interviews take place today, Finley did not get an interview, so Cub fan can be thinkful that HL has no clue when it comes to hiring coaches.

Good Luck to the Warriors! I would have never guessed it nor do I agree with it but it is what it is. I won't say any choice is "more" or "less" deserving. I do believe that Finley would have been a great fit.