Proposed Districts

Omniscience

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Monroe county Advocate-Democrat, Loudon will be moved to district 5AA after a vote on a confrence call today between the Board of Control and Sequoyah & Sweetwater High Schools. 5AA will now be Sequoyah, Sweetwater, Loudon, Polk County, McMinn Central and Collegedale Acadamy (non football school).

According to the Monroe county Advocate-Democrat, Loudon will be moved to district 5AA after a vote on a confrence call today between the Board of Control and Sequoyah & Sweetwater High Schools. 5AA will now be Sequoyah, Sweetwater, Loudon, Polk County, McMinn Central and Collegedale Acadamy (non football school).

I thought it was good for the Redskin nation to come over to 5AA, heard they are having a parade because of it, lol jk. The thing I wasnt aware of, it may be a misprint though, they are 4A now?

They'd be in the west half of the field.

I will work on Class A and if it turns out okay, no major glitches I'll send it all in to them. Again it's probably a long shot that it's ever looked at seriously but why not give it a try. The major differences in this are dividing by football schools only, and trying to make an equal amount of 1A/2A, etc teams in each district-or have them all one playoff class. Also since it's football only it doesn't have to be 16 districts which helps sort teams too.

oh. Couldnt tell if.you were thinking fairview was 1A or 2A or if u just started a different topic all together but their 3A.

This would be the Chattanooga district, eight teams with the 1A teams in the top half. It already looks better than what the group is currently-one district is just South Pitt, Whitwell, Lookout Valley and Marion, as Van Buren has no team and Sale Creek doesn't yet. The other district is small too-Boyd, Silverdale, Copper Basin, Grace as Temple and David Brainerd have closed their doors in the last couple of years.

In the five class possibility sent out, the South Pittsburg group went all the way from Moore County to Copper Basin. There would be no need for anything like that as you don't have to have 16 districts and no non-football schools are part of it. Meigs, Copper Basin, Sweetwater and Tellico Plains would also be Class A as the cutoff would go up to about 575 and they'd go north.

This should provide plenty of good competition for schools like South Pittsburg which seems to have trouble scheduling games. They and the other 1A teams each have the same four 2A teams to compete against making the playoff process equal out better.

South Pittsburg High School FB 249

Whitwell High School FB 383

Lookout Valley High School FB 199

* Chatt. Grace Baptist Academy FB 162, 292

Tyner Academy FB 563

Marion Co. High School FB 523

* Boyd Buchanan FB 295, 531

* Silverdale Baptist FB 252, 454

The rest of Class A worked out well too. I'm surprised they didn't look into it more and try to balance the districts with as many from the two different playoff classes-in most-as possible. Doing it separate from basketball would be a big issue.

This is how I'd have it, to avoid any confusion. Instead those teams above will be in separate districts. Having about 14 playing basketball from those is a reason probably.

Edited by Indian