Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

There are several post on this thread refering to the same thing. "We don't know what is coming", "We don't have a clue" etc. etc. Look, we're not living under a rock in Kingsport. It's almost like some of you think we've never heard of Maryville. Heck we've got electric power, running water and all that stuff in Kingsport. Some of us made it all the way through high school. Our boys might be small slow, and clumsy. But they'll show up down there tonight and give it a shot. I just hope u-all will let us score 1 TD, just so we'll feel good for a few minutes at least.

Expecting a great game WaCo. Reading some of the DB fans statements just suggests that they are not familiar with these battles. I am sure you are a vetern of these match-ups so there shouldn't be a surprise from your view point. This will be a heavy weight match-up and I expect a very competitive game. Those that don't think so have no clue. Certainly not a put down to you team...coach...or your community.

Hey thanks cruiser...the place looks real nice. I was thinking more along the lines of someplace with some duct tape on the windows thats probably more our style.no joke

Aubrey's will meet your expectations. They service all types...tastes...and even us necks. Remember...this is Maryville and not Knoxville. The clientele is what it is

Our boys could play in an away atmosphere such as Neyland on Saturdays and execute. Even if DB fans invade like they are claiming they are going to, coaching and simply having been there before will allow them to execute perfectly and do their thing. I simply don't see how a team that averages less than 10 times a game and runs the tripple option will put up quality points against a Jimmy Gaylor defense. Dreams will be broken tonight, that's my prediction.

My guess is this...this is the last Playoff Game ever at Maryville that they dont have reserved seats on the home side.

I don't see how this can be avoided. Do you all have reserved seats at DB? From my experience the tickets come from TSSAA. We don't get to travel to many others places for playoff games, so I'm a little in the dark on how other places do it

Iwas just wondering if Maryville has seen a DE this year that weighs around 290lb and runs a 4.7 40?

Are you talking about the #88 that played DE against SC? If so, you've been lied to. I mean heck, your own roster has him at 6'2" 250. No disrespect, the kid is pretty good, but I think we'll go ahead & play the game

http://www.tssaa.org/Sports/Football/Instructions/fbdirinst.htm

#15, part B:

"The host school may sell reserved seat tickets on the home side to people from the host school who have purchased season tickets for regular-season contests. This would apply to schools where there is seating on both sides with a section of the home side sold to season ticket holders. The tickets would be sold for $8.00 and would be sold through Wednesday or Thursday prior to the game. It would be the responsibility of the game administration to administer the reserved seat section and make certain that there is some means of identifying season ticket holders."

It would be terribly hard to police, but I think it definitely should be implemeneted. It's legal, obviously, but it seems the school is terrified of losing some gate if a season ticket holder doesn't show up to claim his seat...

Good luck to everyone from DB. However, you have a much LARGER tasks than you think. As I can attest (as we have played Alcoa in the Semifinals) it is a much different game when you play Maryville and Alcoa.

DB is the best team in East Tennessee, however they are not in the same league as Maryville. My question is WHY do these two teams not play ever year. DB goes to Knoxville every year to either play Farragut or Clinton, and the gate for this game every year would be tremendous.

I would really like to see DB get past this game, but I really believe that you will see why DB does not want to play Maryville every year.