Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

Excellent point. Start playing some competition. You couldn't handle 5A and now it seems you can't handle 4A, so you certainly can't handle 6A. Congrats on the championships but get real with the Greeneville - DB comparisons.

i love how people say we " couldnt handle" this and that....Greeneville played UP for years and we didnt hear CRAP from people..and once we finally GOT MADE to drop to where we are SUPPOSE to be, everyone jumps our butts ( like the fans had ANYTHING to do with it). Bottom line is pretty simple. we now play where we're made to play and i think most would agree that those 2 gold ball teams could have played with anyone at any level....not saying we would have beaten higher classified teams, just saying we had a phenominal 2-3 year run and it deserves atleast a little respect from the " big boys". I think most greeneville fans know we're not, nor never gona be DB, but it looks like DB might never be maryville, so touche i guess.

I thought I did answer your question...Eliz choose to go to NC due to cost reasons. We do not have the money 6A teams have.

DB is the best team in Upper East Tennessee, however they have not made it to the semi-finals since the playoffs started and most fans think they are the best team in the state each year by being ranked in top 5! They can't get to the semi-finals.

Why don't you have a darn bake sale or a cake walk and raise some money. Carter Co. is the mecca of moonshine. Use some of the money. If you can't raise enough money to go to Alcoa you don't have any business even having a football team. DB has been to the simi-finals twice since the playoffs began. How many times has ole Betsy been. Worry about your own house. Its none of your business what DB does.

Elizabethton is in the Semi-Finals THIS year, and has been in the Semi-Finals in 3 of the last 4 years.

DB has been to the SemiFinals only once since 1980.....REALLY top 5 team in STATE!!!!!

Maybe some of the DB football team can come watch us play at HOME next Friday. We do need some extra cheerleaders.

DB played Red Bank and Riverdale in the simi's, thats two. Got it?