Giles Co. Vs. East Hamilton

bobcat93

Say what yah want to. EH defense is the best Giles will play all year. I'm not saying that just because I love EH football, but this is a really good team. Not too many points were scored on them. They will more than be ready for Giles. They have been waiting to play a good team and they will get that wish this friday. I personally can't wait to watch it! Go CANES!

You're right, not too many points were scored on them with 101.....But Giles has only allowed 81.

Also EH has scored 487 to Giles 535. The numbers aren't in your favor,

Boy if all these new posters bought in to coacht for that $24. Coach could get him a new hammock or some bass lures. Pulling for my CATS as always. Maybe we will finally get some visitors to the tailgating. Remember all this is for fun dont bring attitude to the gathering. Helton Hilton(local jail) by the way has little room, but will be glad to make some. GO CATS!!!

Not that this has anything to do with the price of eggs in China, but let's take a look at some numbers and come up with a prediction.

EH beat Hixson by 49, ND beat Hixson by 25. Therefore EH is 24 points better than ND.

GC county beat ND by 40.

EH beat Marshall County and Page by a combined score of 73-14.

GC beat Marshall County and Page by a combined score of 93-14.

Giles comes out 16 points better against ND than does EH and 20 points against common opponents. For an average of 18 points better.

Giles gives up 6.8 per game and EH scores 40.6 per game for an EH average of 23.7

EH gives up 8.4 per game and Giles scores 44.6 per game for a Giles average of 26.5

Giles is 3 points better here. Overall Giles comes out 21 points better so my prediction is

Giles 38

EH 17

Statistically speaking you are wrong. 16 against an opponent two removed must receive a discount due to reliability and the number of factors involved in the calculation. Good anecdotal evidence that Giles is the favorite but statistically unreliable.

The 20 between two common opponents must be divided by 2 for an average of 10. You did not change the denominator even though there were two games played in your numerator.

Point differential being 3.5 added to the common opponent calculation is 13.5 but that must now be divided by two as the numerator has 2 components leaving an average of 6.75.

Therefore Giles is a touchdown favorite before calculating home field advantage, (most sports books would say is worth 4 points). All in, it looks like Giles should be favored by 11. Same outcome but significantly closer than your original math laid out.