Coalfield at Greenback

orngnblk

to all the greenback fans that said we would lose how do you like us now . your rb had less then 80 yards ours had 212 what heppened go coalfield maybe we can bet you next year

I saw he only had 12 carries for 65 yards, that's better that a 5 yard average, why so few touches?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw he only had 12 carries for 65 yards, that's better that a 5 yard average, why so few touches?

Crow that is hard to answer without sounding like i am picking coaches apart,i think they have done an outstanding job with gameplans this yr,but man one of the top three backs in the state and he is our heart and soul i just dont understand we could get the edge our O-line wasnt the problem they done fine,Cfield scored on a 7 min drive we score in a less than 2 min drive.Then we go to the pass i know we had the advantage speed wise without a doubt but our bread and butter is the O-line play and Anderson and Seymour hitting the seams,i just dont know????Coalfield played(from what i seen on film)out of their mind.GB i think Expected to skill them to death and just didnt pick up the first downs.Our defensive front did not play well at all,we had lost an outside LB with a torn bicep in pract on weds but i didnt think it would hurt us that bad.This one hurts we had the stars aligned with home field advantage and GV would have had to play their butts off to beat us at home(like Cfield did).Any way these were great kids and wonderful ball players,and i also think this coaching staff has done a great job all year.Well springs a coming!(wont get here soon enough).

It was really Coalfield's line play that was the answer. Coalfield never seemed to be in 3rd and long as they just kept 5-10 yards a carry. Greenback, on the other hand, always seemed to be playing behind the chains. They had a few big plays with a couple of halfback passes and Seymour got loose a couple of imes, but they weren't able to consistently run the ball. Outside of CAK, most teams around here are in trouble if they can't consistently run the ball.

Crow that is hard to answer without sounding like i am picking coaches apart,i think they have done an outstanding job with gameplans this yr,but man one of the top three backs in the state and he is our heart and soul i just dont understand we could get the edge our O-line wasnt the problem they done fine,Cfield scored on a 7 min drive we score in a less than 2 min drive.Then we go to the pass i know we had the advantage speed wise without a doubt but our bread and butter is the O-line play and Anderson and Seymour hitting the seams,i just dont know????Coalfield played(from what i seen on film)out of their mind.GB i think Expected to skill them to death and just didnt pick up the first downs.Our defensive front did not play well at all,we had lost an outside LB with a torn bicep in pract on weds but i didnt think it would hurt us that bad.This one hurts we had the stars aligned with home field advantage and GV would have had to play their butts off to beat us at home(like Cfield did).Any way these were great kids and wonderful ball players,and i also think this coaching staff has done a great job all year.Well springs a coming!(wont get here soon enough).

OK, I'm not fishing for anyone to start pickin' on coaches (and I know you wouldn't), I was just curious about the number of carries. I know he's a good back and when I saw 12 for 65 that's better than 5 per touch. Just didn't make sense. I'm not saying it was wrong, I figured there was a reason. You know I liked the kees this year, this one caught me off guard then that stat with him just fogged me up a little more. Props to Coalfield, that was a big hill to climb, and y'all made it to the top. Got another one to climb next week, strap 'em up.

crow,

i was at the game. seymour ran for 35-40 yards on one carry early in the game. the rest of the game the jackets made it hard on him. never thought coalfield would win either, but they played very well and were a turn over away from making it a three score game. greenback looked a little shell shocked to me and never really recovered. still thought the kees would win by three scores.

Edited by TTUBOBCAT

crow,

i was at the game. seymour ran for 35-40 yards on one carry early in the game. the rest of the game the jackets made it hard on him. never thought coalfield would win either, but they played very well and were a turn over away from making it a three score game. greenback looked a little shell shocked to me and never really recovered. still thought the kees would win by three scores.

One place Coalfield DID have an advantage is in their line play. One side of that line looks like three mules on steriods. (just an expression....not an allegation). Smartly, Coalfield stuck with the mules and ran Bible 33 times. His daddy is a little excited about the yards, but know this....them boys up front made the difference in how many yards he got. And I am conceding the fact that the kid is a good solid running back.....but your only as good as the kids in front of you. I remember going to a college practice once and the star running back was crowing like a rooster about his 200 yard outing the weekend before. His offensive line didn't react kindly to the kid not recognizing their contributions to his stats. Next thing you know the scout team defense is lighting up the stud because the line let them through. Lets just say the ice bath after practice didn't help much!!!! :roflol:

:thumb: Kazzy :thumb:

Edited by kazam37

His daddy is excited because he is an outstanding runningback and would be at any school.....I'm also excited because I've seen my son bust his rear for 3 years to get where he is.....never misses a workout, never misses a practice....and is always praising his line....he has earned every carry he gets...and that is something that no one, like you, can take from him....but the yards? Yeah I'm proud.about that too...to see your.child be successful makes you proud.....are you saying that his team should "rough" him up a bit? When he played.for the high school as an 8th grader, that's all he did was go against the #1 defense in every single practice.....he has EARNED respect of hi teammates.....why dint you stick to talking about some other young man, since you know nothing about my son.

They also had an advantage in their runningback play.....

I've been reading this thread and I'm detecting a possible pattern. Are you trying to say that Bible may be a decent running back? :o

Seriously though, nobody is trying to take anything away from your son, but if his line is not there he's not much. No top tier back at any level has much of a career without good line play. Coalfield pulled the plow and got it done as a team, I hope they take it all the way to Cookeville but you really seem to be on the "respect my boy" train right now. Ain't nothing wrong with that, you should be very proud, he is a tremendous weapon especially for his age and playing in 1A. 1 or 2 guys like him can completely change a season, it just is a little bit like you're trying to beat respect for him into everyone. I'm sure he'd say his line should get a good share of the credit for his stats as well. Hope to see y'all in the 'ville next Friday but I'll be listening to y'all at Gordy this one, hope to hear Coalfield handle their business again this week.