Marion (9-2) vs FSC (10-1)

98nationalchmps

Yep, average like South Pitt. That average young team did ok though.

What Old Pirate is saying has some merit. AJ Long kinda saved the day for Friendship. That's not a knock or anything. I mean it is what it is. He came there and it tremendously helped your cause. He is an exceptional high school athlete.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Yep, average like South Pitt. That average young team did ok though.

What Old Pirate is saying has some merit. AJ Long kinda saved the day for Friendship. That's not a knock or anything. I mean it is what it is. He came there and it tremendously helped your cause. He is an exceptional high school athlete.

and all I'm sayin is take away MOST 1A teams best playmaker and they become average. OP is just stating the obvious.

However, had AJ not shown up at FC then odds were high that 6'5 Brennan Swindoll would have played QB for the third yr at FC. With him there as a Soph FC lost in the last minute to state champ- Signal MTN & then as a Jr won the GOLD!! When AJ arrived he decided to focus on his baseball since he is destined to pitch at a D1 level next yr.

Edited by Volzchamps

Then you know there was a proven & capable threat at QB. Swindoll played all last year coming off tommy John surgery. His arm strength didn't get back until last spring. If you saw him as a soph vs S MTN then you know there was plenty of optimism at FC prior to AJ. However, when a talent like him walks thru the door, well you just gotta love it!

Edited by Volzchamps

As a Marion Alumni I haven't seen Marion live only on film, but I have seen Friendship Comode doors play Boyd last year and get lucky with one of the worst spots ( or best if your from FC) Ihave ever seen. Stripes screw another Chattanooga team! And watched them almost comeback to beat Signal 2 years ago when their QB got kicked out of the game and the Soph QB now Senior QB almost beat Signal in the second best offensive games I have ever seen. (Spitt vs Signal 2012 #1). THis game could go either way. Marions Head Coach was at Signal last year as their DC and several of his assistants were there too so they have seen FC before. Pick Marion 28 FC 21 If the Stripes dont screw this one up to then Marion wins! Turnovers will flush the Comode Doors out of the playoffs!

Not Braggin, Just Sayin!

This talk reminds me of (insert dream sequence)..... It was way back before the turn of the century and all the jeniuses said Marion County did not belong on the same field as Bentwood Acadamy ... And we all know how that went. FCS is no Bentwood.

That was FUNNY Brentwood left their Silver Ball sitting on the field at Vandy, and as we went by Brentwoods busses we beating on them chanting Marion! Great Memories! The UNDERDOG did belong on the field!