CAK vs. Alcoa REPEAT

POLKcoPRIDE

You can try to rationalize this away all you want. The bottom line is that bunch cannot handle any adversity. The language being spouted out of the sewers from the fan's mouths was appaling. Little kids sitting few feet away having to listen to that trash is completely unnesessary. The thing that is so eye opening is schools officials were everywhere. (A.D., principals, etc.) Not one of them lifted a finger to put a stop to it. The inmates are running the asilym at Alcoa.

Oh, you're exactly right--the behavior is atrocious, and I don't think any of us CAK posters on here are trying to rationalize it. My only point was that, as bad as the crowd is at Alcoa, we see even worse whenever we visit Loudon for a game!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look enough is enough! I've heard how bad it is at Alcoa and how we are uncivilized my question for any of you who are saying these things (and I don't doubt that you heard some language heck you hear it just about everywhere you go) is this where were you sitting and how do you even know who the Ad and principle are? For one thing both of these men are on the field during the game so if they were standing where you said they were the fussing and cussing was coming from the jug ladies or the student section! So hum where was it coming from and I will address it with whom it needs to be adressed! We strive to have a good game atmosphere and apologize if you heard things that were out of line but for you to continue to bash is also not very Christ like either! I know where I sit I don't hear it maybe next time you come to an Alcoa game you come sit with me and I promise you will have a good time!

VM: I agree with W2011, there are a lot of very nice, fun and knowledgable Tornado fans, some of whom I've had the pleasure of meeting and now consider friends. But, Alcoa is not use to losing, especially at home and certainly not to teams outside of Blount County. This rivalry has gotten a lot more competitive recently and that can bring out the poorer side of some fans emotions. The CAK film crew are also good friends of mine and they told me essentially the same story as what I've heard from you. They weren't intimidated or felt threatened (former All SEC center), just surprised about how poorly they were treated. I'm sure when Alcoa builds the new stadium they will construct a larger press box to keep opposing film crews from having to set up in the home bleachers. I am very pleased you did find your way to CAK's side of the field and was an "honorary" Warrior fan for the evening :thumb:

What? Alcoa is building a new stadium? Is that a joke? I went to the first Alcoa-CAK Thursday night game. It is an awesome facility....

BTW all the Alcoa and CAK fans we met that evening were great!

Edited by coachrus

Look enough is enough! I've heard how bad it is at Alcoa and how we are uncivilized my question for any of you who are saying these things (and I don't doubt that you heard some language heck you hear it just about everywhere you go) is this where were you sitting and how do you even know who the Ad and principle are? For one thing both of these men are on the field during the game so if they were standing where you said they were the fussing and cussing was coming from the jug ladies or the student section! So hum where was it coming from and I will address it with whom it needs to be adressed! We strive to have a good game atmosphere and apologize if you heard things that were out of line but for you to continue to bash is also not very Christ like either! I know where I sit I don't hear it maybe next time you come to an Alcoa game you come sit with me and I promise you will have a good time!

Just telling the truth. And as for what's Christ-like, I don't recall ever reading anything in the Bible where Jesus shied away from shining light on bad behavior (yes, I'm familiar with the "judge not" passage and don't chastise your brother for the spot in his eye when you have a beam in your own, but I've never seen ANYTHING from CAK fans that approaches what I've seen and heard about from Alcoa fans lately--if I had, I would try to do something about it rather than blaming the messenger).

The CAK film crew was set up directly in front of the press box on the top row of bleachers. Directly in front of them were some adult male Alcoa fans who basically tried to pick a fight with one of the videographers, and who constantly spewed vulgar language even though he had a couple of young girls with him. The Alcoa "game administrator" came up to the area, along with the CAK AD. This information came first hand from the videographers, both of whom I know well and who are not troublemakers. The Alcoa game administrator identified himself as such to the CAK video guys.

I also have heard from multiple sources who were on the Alcoa side of the stadium when CAK #32 got hurt and heard the comments yelled from the stands and others standing near the stands about how they hoped he blew his knee out (turns out it was a rib injury). Some of the sources who have relayed this information were CAK female fans who had to go to the rest room at the Alcoa stands because the women's restroom in the old gym was closed.

Please note that Volunteerman is not a CAK person, apparently has no dog in this fight, and just commented on his surprise at the behavior he witnessed in the Alcoa stands; I would be reluctant to jump on him for expressing his opinion. I met another person tonight who is not a CAK person but who attended the game last week and was in the Alcoa bleachers most of the game. He was shocked at the atmosphere there as well, even though he's been around football most of his life. One thing that shocked him as much as anything was how many of the Alcoa fans were cussing not only CAK but Coach Rankin as well.

I'm sure you're a nice guy, and I'm aware there are a lot of nice Alcoa fans. However, I have had encounters with a few Alcoa parents who simply aren't very nice, at least once they find out you're a CAK parent. In fact, this past summer, I carried on a nice, friendly conversation with an Alcoa player's parent, among a group of a couple of other Alcoa parents, UNTIL he found out my wife and I had a son who played for CAK. As soon as that came up, his whole demeanor changed...big time! Like we were lepers or something.

I moved 3 times before I went over to the CAK side. I started out behind the bench on the left side of the stadium. That lasted about 10 minutes. Various men all the way up the stands were loudly swearing before the teams even took the field. Once the game started, it got really bad. I moved to the center section towards the top....same result. Finally moved lower right and wasn't there 5 minutes when the rants started. Please note, I am not associated with either school. As I stated in my first post, I was just looking for a good high school game to attend. I will say this, after moving to the CAK side half way into the 2nd qtr, I am a CAK fan now. I witnessed class and composure on their side. One final thought; while on the Alcoa side, all the vulgar, classless comments were distirbuted evenly. I heard fans wish CAK players bad injuries ("I hope #32's knee is blown out."). Direct assaults at CAK players (#25 is a chicken sh**") And I heard it 15 rows from behind me, so everyone else heard it too. I will give the Alcoa fans credit for one thing, they do not discriminate. They cussed their coaching staff just as much as they did the kids on the opposing team. I was told that Coach Rankins' daughter goes to CAK. After what I witnessed, I can see why. As for finding you and sitting with you...no thanks, once was enough for me at an Alcoa game.

I moved 3 times before I went over to the CAK side. I started out behind the bench on the left side of the stadium. That lasted about 10 minutes. Various men all the way up the stands were loudly swearing before the teams even took the field. Once the game started, it got really bad. I moved to the center section towards the top....same result. Finally moved lower right and wasn't there 5 minutes when the rants started. Please note, I am not associated with either school. As I stated in my first post, I was just looking for a good high school game to attend. I will say this, after moving to the CAK side half way into the 2nd qtr, I am a CAK fan now. I witnessed class and composure on their side. One final thought; while on the Alcoa side, all the vulgar, classless comments were distirbuted evenly. I heard fans wish CAK players bad injuries ("I hope #32's knee is blown out."). Direct assaults at CAK players (#25 is a chicken sh**") And I heard it 15 rows from behind me, so everyone else heard it too. I will give the Alcoa fans credit for one thing, they do not discriminate. They cussed their coaching staff just as much as they did the kids on the opposing team. I was told that Coach Rankins' daughter goes to CAK. After what I witnessed, I can see why. As for finding you and sitting with you...no thanks, once was enough for me at an Alcoa game.

Well, sounds like you have laid out your case pretty well and straight forward. I'm not pleased with your experience from the Alcoa side, but I am certainly honored that the CAK fans won your support. Alcoa's players and coaches have always shown great respect to our boys at CAK on the field, and I believe our guys have done the same. Maybe some of us adults can learn from the teenagers on the field. I hope you can make it to Cookeville for the State Championship game. I'd love to meet you and buy you a burger. :hungry::thumb:

Just telling the truth. And as for what's Christ-like, I don't recall ever reading anything in the Bible where Jesus shied away from shining light on bad behavior (yes, I'm familiar with the "judge not" passage and don't chastise your brother for the spot in his eye when you have a beam in your own, but I've never seen ANYTHING from CAK fans that approaches what I've seen and heard about from Alcoa fans lately--if I had, I would try to do something about it rather than blaming the messenger).

The CAK film crew was set up directly in front of the press box on the top row of bleachers. Directly in front of them were some adult male Alcoa fans who basically tried to pick a fight with one of the videographers, and who constantly spewed vulgar language even though he had a couple of young girls with him. The Alcoa "game administrator" came up to the area, along with the CAK AD. This information came first hand from the videographers, both of whom I know well and who are not troublemakers. The Alcoa game administrator identified himself as such to the CAK video guys.

I also have heard from multiple sources who were on the Alcoa side of the stadium when CAK #32 got hurt and heard the comments yelled from the stands and others standing near the stands about how they hoped he blew his knee out (turns out it was a rib injury). Some of the sources who have relayed this information were CAK female fans who had to go to the rest room at the Alcoa stands because the women's restroom in the old gym was closed.

Please note that Volunteerman is not a CAK person, apparently has no dog in this fight, and just commented on his surprise at the behavior he witnessed in the Alcoa stands; I would be reluctant to jump on him for expressing his opinion. I met another person tonight who is not a CAK person but who attended the game last week and was in the Alcoa bleachers most of the game. He was shocked at the atmosphere there as well, even though he's been around football most of his life. One thing that shocked him as much as anything was how many of the Alcoa fans were cussing not only CAK but Coach Rankin as well.

I'm sure you're a nice guy, and I'm aware there are a lot of nice Alcoa fans. However, I have had encounters with a few Alcoa parents who simply aren't very nice, at least once they find out you're a CAK parent. In fact, this past summer, I carried on a nice, friendly conversation with an Alcoa player's parent, among a group of a couple of other Alcoa parents, UNTIL he found out my wife and I had a son who played for CAK. As soon as that came up, his whole demeanor changed...big time! Like we were lepers or something.

I'd think that if what you said was true then these videographers should have some Video or audio of them being threatened by the Alcoa fans.If it could be heard by them then audio should have picked it up.Your cameras pick up audio i assume.The year is 2012 and everything is captured on film and audio now days.It should be handed over to school administrators so they could handle it.I was at the game near the pressbox and never heard or saw anything like what you described.

I'd think that if what you said was true then these videographers should have some Video or audio of them being threatened by the Alcoa fans.If it could be heard by them then audio should have picked it up.Your cameras pick up audio i assume.The year is 2012 and everything is captured on film and audio now days.It should be handed over to school administrators so they could handle it.I was at the game near the pressbox and never heard or saw anything like what you described.

With all due respect, you're not going to convince me my friends (the videographers) are simply making up this story. The CAK AD went to the scene along with the Alcoa "game administrator" so he can corroborate the story as well.

Second, your point about "there should be audio or video evidence" is simply mistaken. Their job was to VIDEO what was going on on the field not spin the cameras around and video the crowd. More importantly, game film is typically recorded without sound. THe purpose of game film is not to show some player's mamaw what the game experience was like if she couldn't make it to the game; the purpose is to have two views--tight and wide--both following the play for coaches to analyze and share with other coaches. Game film is typically recorded without sound, and if you've ever seen any game film, you probably know that already.

Finally, you probably have seen in this thread the multiple incidents VolunteerMan (who is not a CAK person) said he experienced in the Alcoa stands. Are you going to suggest he is lying about those as well? Or are you just suggesting the CAK video guys are lying about what happened to them?

Wow....just realized this thread was still going, so read back and caught up........If these things are true, I am really surprised that Rankin hasn't put a stop to it. Especially the part about fans cussing him or his staff......I am assuming that his wife is in the stands and subjected to listening to that.

With all due respect, you're not going to convince me my friends (the videographers) are simply making up this story. The CAK AD went to the scene along with the Alcoa "game administrator" so he can corroborate the story as well.

Second, your point about "there should be audio or video evidence" is simply mistaken. Their job was to VIDEO what was going on on the field not spin the cameras around and video the crowd. More importantly, game film is typically recorded without sound. THe purpose of game film is not to show some player's mamaw what the game experience was like if she couldn't make it to the game; the purpose is to have two views--tight and wide--both following the play for coaches to analyze and share with other coaches. Game film is typically recorded without sound, and if you've ever seen any game film, you probably know that already.

Finally, you probably have seen in this thread the multiple incidents VolunteerMan (who is not a CAK person) said he experienced in the Alcoa stands. Are you going to suggest he is lying about those as well? Or are you just suggesting the CAK video guys are lying about what happened to them?

What I am saying is go to youtube and watch all the crazy things that are heard and said.Someone has got to have this outrageous behavior on video or audio that you people speak of.Everyone has smart phones now days.I would have recorded it myself if I had been able to witness it,but I didn't.I do hear some cussing at games,but its been at all the venues I go and watch games at.As far as calling someone a liar,I'd have to be listening to what they said in person before I did that.I'm no internet Rambo.I prefer to speak my mind in person.

What I am saying is go to youtube and watch all the crazy things that are heard and said.Someone has got to have this outrageous behavior on video or audio that you people speak of.Everyone has smart phones now days.I would have recorded it myself if I had been able to witness it,but I didn't.I do hear some cussing at games,but its been at all the venues I go and watch games at.As far as calling someone a liar,I'd have to be listening to what they said in person before I did that.I'm no internet Rambo.I prefer to speak my mind in person.

Sure, it's possible somebody might have captured it on their smart phones, but I'm not going to try to track that down, and I don't think anybody else is either. The issue was brought to the attention of the Alcoa game administrator at the time and he handled it the way he handled it so now it's water under the bridge.

Sure, it's possible somebody might have captured it on their smart phones, but I'm not going to try to track that down, and I don't think anybody else is either. The issue was brought to the attention of the Alcoa game administrator at the time and he handled it the way he handled it so now it's water under the bridge.

If what you say is true,of course he handled it.If something this outlandished happened I'm sure it will get posted somewhere for all to see.No one wants what has been described on this thread to go unseen.After all its so appalling what happened to those videographers that are well versed in video and audio.I'm sure someone would want justce done.