CAK vs. Alcoa REPEAT

POLKcoPRIDE

Disclaimer: This is a poor imitation of Leonard's Losers, just for fun. :D

The Battle of the Titans Round 2 takes place tonight at AHS when the defending state champion CAK Warriors fly their aerial acrobats into Blount County for a show down with the #1 ranked Alcoa Tornados. Just 3 weeks ago these two championship caliber teams put on a show for a big crowd and tv audience, with a 2pt. conversion strategy by Alcoa tilting the final scoreboard in their favor 31-28. There won't be any tv audience this time due to Coach Rankin's concerns about the timeouts giving an unfair advantage to the Warriors. Also, the KC135 re-fuelers at McGhee Tyson air base have been grounded as well so that they can't refuel the high flying aerial assault of the Warriors. There also are rumors that the power and water have been turned off in the visitors locker rooms and that the CAK team bus will have to unload at the duck pond, but this has not been verified at this time. Alcoa is tough to beat, especially at home...but beating a squad as talented as CAK twice within just a few weeks may be asking too much for the uptight Tornadoes.....

FootballDads's Forecast: CAK 36 Alcoa 34

Gee FBD couldn't you have been closer?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I will try to finish this before my caffine buzz wears off.

Another classic game, one of those that it's ashame that one team has to lose. It was played hard and fast and at a high level. Too many great plays along the way to mention for both sides. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary from Alcoa that we haven't seen before, except for maybe the onsides kick when they had no choice and of course it was no secret at that point. The hitch & pitch, hook & ladder, whatever you want to call it, was called twice, seen that a few years ago twice in the same game. Alcoa opted for the 2pt conversion approach again, saw that last time. No real scheme changes or secret weapons on defense this time that created any problems that CRB couldn't adjust for. If there were any changes that I didn't pickup on I'm glad they used them because we added 10pts to our side of the scoreboard this time. Alcoa has an extremely good team and a great defense no doubt. They played hard and tough as always. Much respect. But CAK's offensive line withstood the best or the most vanilla, take your pick, that the Tornados could throw at them. The battle was won in the trenches and the Warriors won that battle tonight. CAK even found a way to make enough plays on defense to win. Ironic that the most maligned unit of CAK's team, the defense, stepped up and made a stop when it mattered most, the final 2 pt. conversion. The only plays that were noticably new came from CAK, the QB option for a 2pt conversion, and the halfback jump pass for another 2 pt conversion. A point of interest was that Alcoa never punted, scored 36 pts and still couldn't come away with the victory. CAK has now won 3 of the last 4 meetings between these teams, and I must admit that it is sweet, kind of like CAKe. ;)

Man what a game....Im not going to be rude and ask everybody how the crow tastes or ask if you need some salt in your crow casserole.....but i must ask how does that CAKe taste? Congratulations to CAK for the HUGE win and i will be along for the ride till yall get that gold ball....also great job alcoa yall can score fast if you need to yall showed that tonight... just got stopped twice and that's all it took ....great season

Well, I will try to finish this before my caffine buzz wears off.

Another classic game, one of those that it's ashame that one team has to lose. It was played hard and fast and at a high level. Too many great plays along the way to mention for both sides. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary from Alcoa that we haven't seen before, except for maybe the onsides kick when they had no choice and of course it was no secret at that point. The hitch & pitch, hook & ladder, whatever you want to call it, was called twice, seen that a few years ago twice in the same game. Alcoa opted for the 2pt conversion approach again, saw that last time. No real scheme changes or secret weapons on defense this time that created any problems that CRB couldn't adjust for. If there were any changes that I didn't pickup on I'm glad they used them because we added 10pts to our side of the scoreboard this time. Alcoa has an extremely good team and a great defense no doubt. They played hard and tough as always. Much respect. But CAK's offensive line withstood the best or the most vanilla, take your pick, that the Tornados could throw at them. The battle was won in the trenches and the Warriors won that battle tonight. CAK even found a way to make enough plays on defense to win. Ironic that the most maligned unit of CAK's team, the defense, stepped up and made a stop when it mattered most, the final 2 pt. conversion. The only plays that were noticably new came from CAK, the QB option for a 2pt conversion, and the halfback jump pass for another 2 pt conversion. A point of interest was that Alcoa never punted, scored 36 pts and still couldn't come away with the victory. CAK has now won 3 of the last 4 meetings between these teams, and I must admit that it is sweet, kind of like CAKe. ;)

Was the hook and ladder play by Alcoa the secret weapon that APB guy said was coming in this game, that got "held back" during the regular season game? Alcoa seems to always run at least one trick offensive play against CAKe, but I thought he was saying there was going to be some defensive secret weapon this time, and I didn't see it, or if they used it I didn't recognize it. It looked like the same aggressive press coverage combined with a variety of blitz and twist rush schemes very similar to what Alcoa did defensively in the first game.

Alcoa has some great athletes on defense but fortunately the CAKe OL handled the rush well enough to keep CAKe #12 upright for most of the game anyway. I get the impression they are a little better than some people give them credit for, not naming any names or anything.

Great game, execution at a very high level by both teams, got a little chippy at times but that happens when emotions are high. Officiating was good enough that it seemed to give neither side much to complain about; some close calls went against each team. High school football can't get much better than watching these two teams play each other when both teams are executing well like last night. Too bad the rest of East TN couldn't watch a game like that on TV. I guess the TV folks decided to carry another game, not sure which game.

FBD points out that CAKe did not see a punt from Alcoa last night, which is true. But if memory serves, there were a couple of 4th down attempts where CAKe stopped Alcoa, so that stat is a little misleading. Interesting stats in the paper this morning. It sounds questionable to say it, but even with C High being 30 of 41 for 379 yards and 3 TD's, he and the receivers were just a little off early in the game. There were a couple of uncharacteristic drops by CAKe's sure handed receivers, and C High missed a couple of check down throws that he normally makes. The punt over J Smith's head was the first I've seen in 2 years that he has punted for CAKe. I mean, it's not easy to snap it where he can't go get it.

http://www.caksportp...#!i=2205932082

k=ZgwbVnM&lb=1&s=A

This was indeed a great game played at a very "High" level, but even so, CAKe has a little more under the hood than we saw last night.

Edited by Govolsknox