CAK vs. Alcoa REPEAT

POLKcoPRIDE

Well, here goes my post for this week.

For those of you that think that Alcoa showed their cards defensively last game, you are very mistaken.

Four man front with some twists and one linebacker coming every so often is about as vanilla as it has gotten for us all year, but that’s what Nix sent in week 10. Nothing more. It was easy to do that when you have the lead the whole game.

We saw more impressive stuff against Fulton with similar athletes to what CAKe has…just not as good of an O-line.

There were at least five additional blitz packages there that CAKe did not see in the first game and if it stays close into the second half, more will be coming.

The stop that Alcoa got before the first half ended was the only series that 55 played on D line and he was taking heat off the others until we got the big sack. That swung momentum to us, until the “onsides†kick that was not really an onside kick as much as kicking it hard right at some one and if it hits them, great, if not, go cover it. A pretty safe play if you ask me. Not the first time I had seen CAKe do it.

If CGR give #2 the ball 18-25 times in this game, we win big.

If not, I still see this as I did the first game with Alcoa winning by 14-17.

Did I mention that our QB had a better rating than C High in the first game??? Wellhedid.

Either way, CAKe fans had better press their little polo shirts nice and crisp, lace up their Sperry’s real tight and draw the cord up on your sunglasses because it is going to be a tough night.

You can bring Joel Osteen, Jimmy Swaggart, Benny Hinn, The Pope, Billy Graham, Mother Angelica, Creflo Dollar, even Louis Farrakhan…makes no difference.

You are not leaving Alcoa with a win.

Peace be unto you.

P.S. If you don’t get it done tomorrow, you won’t beat Alcoa for another 4-6 years.

In honor of APB, I will refer to CAK as CAKe for the remainder of this thread. Maybe one of these days the Warriors will toughen up and get past Alcoa. igiveup.gif

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here goes my post for this week.

For those of you that think that Alcoa showed their cards defensively last game, you are very mistaken.

Four man front with some twists and one linebacker coming every so often is about as vanilla as it has gotten for us all year, but that’s what Nix sent in week 10. Nothing more. It was easy to do that when you have the lead the whole game.

We saw more impressive stuff against Fulton with similar athletes to what CAKe has…just not as good of an O-line.

There were at least five additional blitz packages there that CAKe did not see in the first game and if it stays close into the second half, more will be coming.

The stop that Alcoa got before the first half ended was the only series that 55 played on D line and he was taking heat off the others until we got the big sack. That swung momentum to us, until the “onsides†kick that was not really an onside kick as much as kicking it hard right at some one and if it hits them, great, if not, go cover it. A pretty safe play if you ask me. Not the first time I had seen CAKe do it.

If CGR give #2 the ball 18-25 times in this game, we win big.

If not, I still see this as I did the first game with Alcoa winning by 14-17.

Did I mention that our QB had a better rating than C High in the first game??? Wellhedid.

Either way, CAKe fans had better press their little polo shirts nice and crisp, lace up their Sperry’s real tight and draw the cord up on your sunglasses because it is going to be a tough night.

You can bring Joel Osteen, Jimmy Swaggart, Benny Hinn, The Pope, Billy Graham, Mother Angelica, Creflo Dollar, even Louis Farrakhan…makes no difference.

You are not leaving Alcoa with a win.

Peace be unto you.

P.S. If you don’t get it done tomorrow, you won’t beat Alcoa for another 4-6 years.

The Rev Graham & The Pope do not belong in your group. Not beating Alcoa for 4-6 I guess you'll have to extend as it might be the other way around.

Truth is Alcoa now has real competition and they are still a winning program, top notch program but real competition has reduced Alcoa's dominance. APB, welcome to humbleness & maybe some of that CAKe won't crust on your face before next season.

CAK good luck & hope to see you in the SC game in two weeks.

Enjoyed meetin' everbody tonight and talkin' some football. Thanks to APB and BC fer lookin' out fer us.

I will say playoff games draw a rather shady crowd of people whose seasons are already over. :roflolk:

Recon the losers tailgait in CookeVegas will be another lively affair. :thumb:

I seen CAK on TV, but dang them Christian boys is impressive. That's quite an impressive group of athletes you fellers has amassed. No way to overpower that OL. That High boy had all night to pass, and he didn't make many bad throws if any at all. Yer freakin' receivers looked like gorilla glue gumby's. Impressive performance by CAK. Go git the Gold Ball.

As fer Alcoa ... That's quite an impressive group of athletes you fellers has amassed, as well. Yer fellers played hard and looked good ... but if nobody else is gonna say it, I will ... Rankin got out coached tonight. Not hatin', just sayin'.

This game is close, no matter what. Difference tonight wuz great game coaching and near perfect execution by CAK.

Enjoyed meetin' everbody tonight and talkin' some football. Thanks to APB and BC fer lookin' out fer us.

I will say playoff games draw a rather shady crowd of people whose seasons are already over. :roflolk:

Recon the losers tailgait in CookeVegas will be another lively affair. :thumb:

I seen CAK on TV, but dang them Christian boys is impressive. That's quite an impressive group of athletes you fellers has amassed. No way to overpower that OL. That High boy had all night to pass, and he didn't make many bad throws if any at all. Yer freakin' receivers looked like gorilla glue gumby's. Impressive performance by CAK. Go git the Gold Ball.

As fer Alcoa ... That's quite an impressive group of athletes you fellers has amassed, as well. Yer fellers played hard and looked good ... but if nobody else is gonna say it, I will ... Rankin got out coached tonight. Not hatin', just sayin'.

This game is close, no matter what. Difference tonight wuz great game coaching and near perfect execution by CAK.

Troll, nice to meet you briefly tonight. Told you that you were sitting on the wrong side, but those flannel pajamas you had on more closely matched the colors of the home team for sure. I'm sure APB, BC and F5SeekShelter treated you well in those skybox seats of theirs, they're pretty good guys except when they are rushing to the buffet line at BOH. They had quite the collection of supporters showing up tonight, kind of reminded me of the bar scene from Star Wars. :D Now maybe you should tell the folks back home on the mountain that you moved up to 4A to stay away from CAK. sorry, I mean CAKe.

Seriously, glad you made the trip up and back safely. Hope you think it was worth your time.