BA-MUS Live Webcast

WesVLT

'owlbooster'

Sore loser....MUS handed you a 23-0 lead on a silver platter and you still lost....what exactly was your beef with the refs anyway? They allowed you to run a KO out of the end zone for a 101 yd TD...impossible in HS but it happened.

simply great game from the Owls 'never say die ' team tonite ..congrats on your win !!1

Thanks, reddad. I know my high school rules pretty well. We all make mistakes.

Brutal loss to swallow. When you're against such a talented quarterback and you take a 23-point lead, you have to get stops. Credit Rodgers and MUS for amazing resiliency. They'll give Ensworth a tough test in Cookeville.

Lots of shocked faces among the BA faithful and players. It's gonna be a long bus ride home.

I think more people are realizing how good Rodgers is, and in his 1st (and last) year starting at QB after missing the last 9 games last year with injury. Great baseball player also (3B/Pitcher). Signed with UT.

Edited by owlbooster

No real vested interest in the game. I don't even know any of the kids on the team. I just have been to Memphis too many times! It's actually much worse in basketball! Nor did I watch any of the game except the very end. My point was about the intentional grounding call at the end. Maybe it was a beautifully reffed game all the way up to that point.

Congrats to MUS on a big win. The QB looked really great!

What exactly was your "point" about the grounding call??? You can't legally "ground" the ball from the "shotgun." You have to be at the line of scrimmage. So what's the point???

What exactly was your "point" about the grounding call??? You can't legally "ground" the ball from the "shotgun." You have to be at the line of scrimmage. So what's the point???

Well perhaps I'm mistaken then. I'm not trying to take anything away from MUS' big win. It was simply a commentary on my experiences in Memphis in the past. I have nothing but respect for MUS and their teams. Your team won. Enjoy it, and good luck against Ensworth.

I couldn't agree more, this kid is very special. I have seen many high school games and have not seen but a few better than him. very elusive, never gives up on a play and seems to be calm and under control in huge situations. if I was a college coach I would be trying real hard to talk him into playing football at the next level not baseball. good luck against ensworth, you know the deal stop corn and you have a chance!

.....BA absolutely could not stop MUS and their passing game and I could not believe MUS fumbled 6 times ......

Actually, it was even more incredible than that. MUS fumbled 6 times in the first half alone, losing 5 of them. Three were "converted" into TDs. They had 3 more in the 2nd half but recovered them all. I believe the bad snap into the end zone for the safety was considered a "fumble lost." BTW, very thorough "stats" will be posted on the MUS website at some point, including a "play-by-play" of the game.

Edited by owlbooster

I agree that Rodgers is a terrific high school QB. He reminds me of (perhaps the best BA QB other than Kent Austin) Scott Speedy who was a standout QB at BA during the 1980's -- and was involved in a number of close well played games vs MUS when both schools were in the AA classification. The first time through the league has been a bit rough for the new staff at BA -- they struggled against McCallie's and MUS's offenses - both of which are excellent at what they do -- McCallie in option game and MUS in passing game. Clearly, BA is in the top 2 in the league in talent; and the school devotes all necessary resources to fuel the success of this program. But, I have been impressed with the ability of the new coach to manage the entire program - and parents.

Moving on to the finals: Ensworth with not give up the big plays in the passing game that BA just did (which is why BA is not playing in the finals; and like Ensworth did the first time they played MUS in game 1 of this season. Also, MUS is very solid on defense. Really if Ensworth plays to capability they are 2-4 TD's better - at a minimum. But Ensworth's passing game is weak and they have been turing the ball over much too much on basic runs that should not warrant so many fumbles. MUS is crazy if they kick the ball to Corn like they did in the BA game by kicking to Sanders.

For MUS to move the chains, they will need to be able to be patient -- completing short passes -- they will not be able to run the ball at all.

28-7 Ensworth

• Upvote 1

Actually, it was even more incredible than that. MUS fumbled 6 times in the first half alone, losing 5 of them. Three were "converted" into TDs. They had 3 more in the 2nd half but recovered them all. I believe the bad snap into the end zone for the safety was considered a "fumble lost." BTW, very thorough "stats" will be posted on the MUS website at some point, including a "play-by-play" of the game.

I couldn't agree more, this kid is very special. I have seen many high school games and have not seen but a few better than him. very elusive, never gives up on a play and seems to be calm and under control in huge situations. if I was a college coach I would be trying real hard to talk him into playing football at the next level not baseball. good luck against ensworth, you know the deal stop corn and you have a chance!

What college football scholarship offers does he have right now?

MUS is crazy if they kick the ball to Corn like they did in the BA game by kicking to Sanders.

Believe me, MUS learned "the hard way" last year not to kick the ball any where near Elder, even if it means kicking the ball out of bounds every time. As for Sanders, the first kick he returned long was after the safety early in the game. The place kick went from the 20 to the 20 in the middle of the field. Don't think it was "aimed" anywhere. Not sure what happened on the opening KO of the 2nd half. Wunderlich has been rather consistently kicking into the end zone but this one (and another one later) hit at the one near the sideline. Sander was standing behind the goal line when he fielded it, but apparently the ref ruled the ball never "broke the plane." For what it's worth, the TV crew replayed it and said the ref blew it. I guess anybody who cares can watch the replay and decide for themselves. Thank goodness it didn't decide the game.