Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

KC would beat Upperman pretty easily. The overall speed on Def would be the difference. They pressed all of our receivers and was in the backfield all night. Their running back is a beast. The depth they had was unreal. Qb was tall and a very accurate passer. Yorks ability to run would help but they have the speed on defense to get to the corner.

I told them I thought a KC/UH matchup would be like 35-21 in favor of KC. It would take a worst effort of the year for KC, and a perfect game by UH for an upset. UH has not been good long enough to build the depth to play 4 quaters with them. But, they didn't wanna hear of it. Thanks for the info.

UC I was thinking 2 TD's as well. Them playing on turf was an advantage as well. Our boys were not used to solid surface like that. KC is very nice! York would be deadly on turf the way he can cut back and forth.

I would love to see UH with 2 more kids, like Milan from DC and Creekbaum from LA. At this level, 1 or 2 kids can make a huge diffrence. And not to name drop on who the kids were, but I got told something interesting. Since Monterey has no real home games this year or next while school is being built, 5-6 top jr and sr considered transfer UH to play. I think the word was the coaches put a stop to it. Monterey is no powerhouse, but has a few very good players each year. Big strong boys up there. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Would be big for UH considering what they are losing after this year.

For a school the size of Upperman, losing 18 seniors is going to hurt - bad. They have some

talented kids left but really need to put together a string of 3-4 winning seasons to get more kids interested in football. It's hard to get kids to give what Coach Herron asks for as far as off season workouts at a school that has always only cared about basketball.

For a school the size of Upperman, losing 18 seniors is going to hurt - bad. They have some

talented kids left but really need to put together a string of 3-4 winning seasons to get more kids interested in football. It's hard to get kids to give what Coach Herron asks for as far as off season workouts at a school that has always only cared about basketball.

agree, and no way as close to the program as you but they won't be shabby next season. Got #10 back that playes qb, wr, db and has probably 10td's this year. Has Butler #21 tb back who the paper said had over 1200 yards and 12 td's. Got a good young receivers back in #31 and #26 who I think both have caught a couple td's each. 2 starters on their OL accourding to the program are back. One is the 6'6 left tackle. Has the 340lb noise gaurd back on D. And they guy at work said JV was undefeated and that some kid, named Crushing, that a freshman will be a absolute stud tb and lb. Just from that I show 26 td's returning from this season and a great fr class becoming sophmores. Should still be best team in 8aa on the 3a side. DC and LA will be tough to handle next season.

its been talked about a lot. 1100 students ay LA and way more students than what that building needs. Cost to expand the school and continue to bus kids there is high or build a new 600 capacity school in Rickman. Its been discused, but to my knowledge, not been decided.

Smith County is the smallest school in the region, with just barley 600 kids, next is Upperman, but I expect them to gain many students with the new Middle school being built. If Gordonsville and Carthage combined, we still would have less students than Livingston.  Don't know what kind of a machine we would have if we had 1100 kids. The only school we played that is smaller than us was Gordonsville. Not sure about Alcoa, but that makes no difference.

Smith County is the smallest school in the region, with just barley 600 kids, next is Upperman, but I expect them to gain many students with the new Middle school being built. If Gordonsville and Carthage combined, we still would have less students than Livingston. Don't know what kind of a machine we would have if we had 1100 kids. The only school we played that is smaller than us was Gordonsville. Not sure about Alcoa, but that makes no difference.

if SC and GH were combined, would be about same enrollment as LA, a big 4a team. Just think of that last year. Would have soundly beat LA. And yea, with new school in Baxter, expanding the HS...in 2016 I think, UH will bump to 4a.

Smith County is the smallest school in the region, with just barley 600 kids, next is Upperman, but I expect them to gain many students with the new Middle school being built. If Gordonsville and Carthage combined, we still would have less students than Livingston.  Don't know what kind of a machine we would have if we had 1100 kids. The only school we played that is smaller than us was Gordonsville. Not sure about Alcoa, but that makes no difference.

Alcoa is smaller...Upperman is now larger. If SC combined with G'ville...there would be about 1000.