Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

Not feasible anymore...already spent millions on 2 schools 6 miles apart.

I know they say there were almost riots when LA combined with Rickman. And that's why LA has some gold in some of their uniforms. School pride keeps a lot of systems from consolidation. But I would have loved to see Cason and Manning in the same backfield.

I know they say there were almost riots when LA combined with Rickman. And that's why LA has some gold in some of their uniforms. School pride keeps a lot of systems from consolidation. But I would have loved to see Cason and Manning in the same backfield.

There was talk about combining Monterey with the Algood area of Cookeville to give Monterey a new school and relieve overcrowding at Cookeville High School. The people from

Monterey almost seceded from the county they were so mad. Lol. Needless to say, they are getting their own new high school up on the mountain and Cookeville is still going to be overcrowded.

There was talk about combining Monterey with the Algood area of Cookeville to give Monterey a new school and relieve overcrowding at Cookeville High School. The people from

Monterey almost seceded from the county they were so mad. Lol. Needless to say, they are getting their own new high school up on the mountain and Cookeville is still going to be overcrowded.

from what I hear from folks is the plan once they build Baxter jr high, and eventually expand the hs, west of willow will all be zoned over to UH cutting CHS enrollment by about 3-400. So that would put UH in 4a and maybe 5-6 years down the road in 5a like Sparta. I keep hearing Rickman might get a high school again too.

if in 2012 the 70 kids that played for SC, and the 45 kids that played for state champ Gordonsville had went to a consolidated school, yes I think with Cason, Manning, and those combined lines would have soundly beaten a very good LA team.

LA don't whip up on SC very often much less get in a win but last year LA put a good one on SC in the hole. adding the g-ville bunch might have evened up the score.

Besides this is really all moot since they were not consolidated.

LA don't whip up on SC very often much less get in a win but last year LA put a good one on SC in the hole. adding the g-ville bunch might have evened up the score.

Besides this is really all moot since they were not consolidated.

adding "60" kids to pick from only evens you....I think not. I am not so sure LA could have beat Gordonsville head to head. When LA won state, they lost to 1a state champs TC. And it is mute, just fun to think what if.

SC had 90...G'ville had 60.

so SC looked like they had bout 60 this time the two times I seen them. I know they didn't lose 30 seniors and get no freshman. Why were the numbers so low for SC this year? It was noticably diffrent seeing them run out on the field. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

so SC looked like they had bout 60 this time the two times I seen them. I know they didn't lose 30 seniors and get no freshman. Why were the numbers so low for SC this year? It was noticably diffrent seeing them run out on the field.

Haven't had less than 85 in at least the last 10 years until this year...less than 60 this year.