Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

Ok DCTigerfan, we can agree to disagree on order behind LA. That's what makes it fun. I am just looking at UHS like I did DC in 09. Lots of tallent, but still around 500 type team. When they got to be jr and sr, things got turned around. I can see this happen there too. Unless they are not coached up, on paper they have the tallent. CYork averages over 350 yard a game. Only played in 6 games but had 1700 passing, 750 ruhing. They lost 3 of 4 he didn't play in. Their best defender the Middle LB also missed 3 critical games. Vey well should have been 7-3 last year and more competitive in the 3 loses. Yes excuses and excuses won't do it this year, I just think it might be thier time. And accourding to preveiw write up, if your team has a Oline that is 6'6 240, 6'3 295, 6'1 215, 5'10 240, 6'1 250 and Dline of 6'3 285, 6'3 340, 6'1, 255. If you can't win with 23 seniors, talent like CYork, and a line like that then its on the coaches. Lot of these kids never played ball till Herron got the job and were learning how to play last couple seasons getting 9 wins in two seasons after getting 4 wins from 08-10.They showss signs of getting better. Plus school keeps growing. Gordonsville game will tell a lot.

It's going to be a rude awakening for UHS when they are manhandled by Gordonsville. Last season UHS didn't beat nobody, they won the games they was suppose to and got blown out the others. It will be no different this year. Yeah maybe they got some size on them but that don't mean they can play. If UHS wins 6 games they will be lucky.

"My Quaterback"? I didn't go to UHS, or live in Baxter. He was out Smith Co game. Verse LA he had a td pass on his second through of the game. Meigs and Rockwood are not Alco,But both better than the wosrt team, outside 1a, in the state Warren County. You drinking to much home made cool aide if you think DC will serious win the district. Yea, DC program is better but your still only 3 years removed from being a 2-3 win team yearly. Heck, I seen a 5-5 Macon team beat DC 56-13 in 2010. So just chill, DC has no right to put other programs done. Aint earned that right yet.

Nobody is putting down any team. We are stating our opinions. My opinion being Upperman will not have the year some people are predicting. I do not think DC will win the district, I got them second or third. Coach Trapp seems to have the ball rolling now, I don't expect we will see anymore 2-3 win seasons from a Trapp coached team.

"My Quaterback"? I didn't go to UHS, or live in Baxter. He was out Smith Co game. Verse LA he had a td pass on his second through of the game. Meigs and Rockwood are not Alco,But both better than the wosrt team, outside 1a, in the state Warren County. You drinking to much home made cool aide if you think DC will serious win the district. Yea, DC program is better but your still only 3 years removed from being a 2-3 win team yearly. Heck, I seen a 5-5 Macon team beat DC 56-13 in 2010. So just chill, DC has no right to put other programs done. Aint earned that right yet.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and awhile. I think that you forgot about 08 and 09 too, yea 10 was a crap chute then we were back. I said your Quarterback because every post you've submitted is hailing Upperman so anyone reading this thread i think would agree with me that you are a fan of them.. also stand up for what you think when this thread stated and up till just recently you were saying Uppermans winning the district!! Uppermans winning the district!! then a couple say Livingston is winning it all the sudden thats your choice too? come on.

" Manhandled" seems a little harsh. And agree Trapp is a heck of a coach.But how long since DC has won the district? Second place is the best finish in the best season in 30 years. I just thinks its hard for that teams history to replace 23 seniors, 20 of 22 starters and finish the same place, second, as they did last year. I just don't think the Dekalb program is a Trousdale, Alcoa or even LA were they lose that much and finish just as good the year after. Not yet, maybe in near future. But hey,I might be wrong.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

" Manhandled" seems a little harsh. And agree Trapp is a heck of a coach.But how long since DC has won the district? Second place is the best finish in the best season in 30 years. I just thinks its hard for that teams history to replace 23 seniors, 20 of 22 starters and finish the same place, second, as they did last year. I just don't think the Dekalb program is a Trousdale, Alcoa or even LA were they lose that much and finish just as good the year after. Not yet, maybe in near future. But hey,I might be wrong.

Gordonsville will most likely manhandle UHS and then they will snap back to reality. I agree it is hard for any team to replace 20 starters, but were still in good shape. Freshman qb Jennings will turn some heads, then you got Milan. He is going to have an explosive season. I picked 2nd or 3rd place finish for DC because quite honestly I don't believe anyone else in the district outside of LA/SC/DC has the horses to get it done. I have DC as an 7-9 win team and believe that's enough to be in the top 3.

We will have to just agree to disagree. I am sticking with LA as the team to beat, and DC and SC in the mix behind them along with UHS. And no ties or loyalties to UHS. I simply work in Cookeville at a large company and hear more from that program and Cookeville than the rest. I have also seen them play a few more games as of the last few years. No doubt they have improved. But we will see.

I'm not on here saying I think DC will win district. I have said multiple times that I have LA as the favorite with DC and SC to finish second and third in no particular order. Im not doubting they have improved, but I still don't see it being enough for UHS. We have all heard this type of chatter coming from their program for the last two years and it just hasn't panned out for them yet. I look at their schedule and see 5-6 wins. If they get 7 wins that is a great season for them in my eyes. It means they beat who they was suppose to and beat either GHS/SC/DC/LA.

Ok DCTig, can agree some what but I say 7-3 or 8-2. Loses to LA, and win either one maybe two verse DC/GH/SC. And considering they are 3a, that's pretty good. Remember, technically DC finished last in the distrct in 4a. You move DC and LA out and add say Westmoreland(for LA) say Bledsoe( for DC) things might be diffrent. Think how it would be if LA and DC played in all 4a district year in and out? LA,DC,MC,Sycamore, WhiteHouse, Greenbrier for example. I felt for MC when they had Goodpasture, Whitehouse, Greenbrier, Sycamore, Station camp all in their district with Westmoreland as the scrub.

If I am not mistaken, Greenbrier lost in state championship a few years ago. Goodpasture is always good and played in multiple state title games(since moved), Station Camp (since moved)has the #1 wr in nation. Point is, back couple years ago this was a tough district right down to Westmoreland who is far better than Cannon. Why you think Macon went 5-5 in i think 2011, but three of their wins were verse the top three in this district DC,LA, and SC? LA and DC bennifit from playing four 3a schools every year. York,SC,UH,CC hurt by playing two 4a schools ever year in district. SC has over come that and congrats to them but the others have a big hill to climb in the shared type district.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

In 04 Greenbrier lost in 3a state championship. Josh Malone is #3 WR prospect in the nation (hope to see him in orange). Its not that tough of a district just average at best like 8aa. You are meaning the 2010 season, MC went 5-6 and did beat all 3 teams you mentioned. And like I said before most years DC would do just fine in the all 4a district. The 08 DC season speaks for itself, that is pretty much the same district MC just came out of. Only difference is then Station Camp and Pearl Cohn was in it besides Westmoreland and Goodpasture. Little bit tougher back then wouldn't ya say?