Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

In 04 Greenbrier lost in 3a state championship. Josh Malone is #3 WR prospect in the nation (hope to see him in orange). Its not that tough of a district just average at best like 8aa. You are meaning the 2010 season, MC went 5-6 and did beat all 3 teams you mentioned. And like I said before most years DC would do just fine in the all 4a district. The 08 DC season speaks for itself, that is pretty much the same district MC just came out of. Only difference is then Station Camp and Pearl Cohn was in it besides Westmoreland and Goodpasture. Little bit tougher back then wouldn't ya say?

Rather play station camp and pearl cohn than wesmoreland and goodpasture year in and out. lets just agree to disagree. We both agree LA on top......disgree the order of next three in UH,DC,SC...nothing will change that till we play them. Friday will show alot. DC verse GHS, UHS-Cookeville-Father Ryan, SC-TC-White CO.............should start being able to see who is real or not. I am sure by Sunday , all will make the Hearld Citizen

Last time DC was in the district being mentioned we went 9-3. Two losses to White House and a loss to Station camp. That was the year White House went to the semi finals and Dekalb put more points on them than any team that whole year (35) with the exception of state champ Knox. Catholic (38). That year station camp lost in the quarter finals to White House. The district was loaded and we held our own. Every other team was a blowout. The following year we met greenbrier again in the playoffs and beat them. In 2011 we lost by one td to Giles co. who then went on to the semi finals that year. I think we will be pretty consistent with Coach Trapp. There is alot of young talent in this group and the middle schoolers that moved up have came off a 7-1 year.

Lastly, does anyone know the time for tomorrow's DC/Gville scrimmage? I haven't seen it anywhere and would like to go see how things are looking.

I am going to give an opinion one more time on the subject then give it a rest.DC has been consitantly good under Trapp. He is one, if not the, best coach in the district. But untill DC actually wins a district title (specially since district only has two 4a teams),or get to 3rd round, their not considered a power house program. I just don't see it yet.A consistant program but not yet a powerhoue, losing 20 of 22 starters, 23 seniors and finishing just as good as they did the year before in 2nd.I stick with 3rd or 4th.

I am going to give an opinion one more time on the subject then give it a rest.DC has been consitantly good under Trapp. He is one, if not the, best coach in the district. But untill DC actually wins a district title (specially since district only has two 4a teams),or get to 3rd round, their not considered a power house program. I just don't see it yet.A consistant program but not yet a powerhoue, losing 20 of 22 starters, 23 seniors and finishing just as good as they did the year before in 2nd.I stick with 3rd or 4th.

No one here has claimed DC was a power program, its not hard to finish top 3 in this district. You keep bringing up the whole 4a 3a thing like its some huge difference maker. Do you really think there is that many more students or talent at one of the 4a schools compared to a 3a schools in this district? No there isn't.

No one here has claimed DC was a power program, its not hard to finish top 3 in this district. You keep bringing up the whole 4a 3a thing like its some huge difference maker. Do you really think there is that many more students or talent at one of the 4a schools compared to a 3a schools in this district? No there isn't.

Smith 621 Cannon 651 Upperman 658...........................Dekalb 862 LA 1006 staright off tssaa page. So lets look, 338 students diffrence between Smith and LA. Thats roughly the same as the population of Gordonsville (322). Do you think a combined Smith and Gordonsville team might compete verse LA this year and every year? Would Dekalb ever beat a unified Smith Co? I know i would hate to play Cason and Manning in the same backfield. Thats a huge diffrence. Or look at is this way.......338 more students than Dekalb is 1200. How would Dekalb do verse Lenoir City, Oak Ridge, Cleveland , Beech who all are around the 1200-1300 range? Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I said we should be very consistent as long as Trapp is around. In your post you claimed we would be consistent so I guess we're on the same page as far as that goes. I never claimed power house. Re read my post and you'll see the word consistent. As far as the district goes, who knows how it will turn out. Much more will be known after this weekend and even still then the actual season will tell the real story. As far as DC goes the middle school all the way down to pee wee coaches are working together. On the same page. Kids at the middle school or just before middle school can't wait to play in high school. I've lived here all my life and remember a time when it wasn't a big deal and middle school and below wasn't as serious.

On the student number topic, it all depends on coaches an how bad they can get players to want to play. DC beats teams every year with around 2,000 students. They are lower tier programs, but why? They have the numbers. Shouldn't that automatically make them better? No.

Smith 621 Cannon 651 Upperman 658...........................Dekalb 862 LA 1006 staright off tssaa page. So lets look, 338 students diffrence between Smith and LA. Thats roughly the same as the population of Gordonsville (322). Do you think a combined Smith and Gordonsville team might compete verse LA this year and every year? Would Dekalb ever beat a unified Smith Co? I know i would hate to play Cason and Manning in the same backfield. Thats a huge diffrence. Or look at is this way.......338 more students than Dekalb is 1200. How would Dekalb do verse Lenoir City, Oak Ridge, Cleveland , Beech who all are around the 1200-1300 range?

We would actually be in the Warren Co, White Co, Cookeville, Coffee and Cumberland district because the other districts around have 7 teams and that one only has 5, it would be the only logical choice... we would win the district almost every year how we have given it to that district the past couple years. That district is much easier :hungry::geek: Then playoffs would be hard of course.. Edited by TheLateGreat

Well said and agree, but with all thing equal like coaching and support( DC now has it) number are huge factor. It has help the last 3-4 that LA and DC have been the only 4a schools in district.MC has been 1-9 or 0-10 like 5 times since the great season of 04. Doubt they will in this ddistrict with the teams that make it up numbers wise.

I agree on some of your points as well. Nice to have discussion while anxiously waiting for the season to start. I think MC will do better, but still has 3 teams ahead of them in this district. They haven't had the best of luck against them with the exception of one year. I'm just saying they already play teams from this district in their non district games.

On a side note, wow... When you think about it, a Smith Co. team with Gville players combined would be downright beastly. I honestly have always wondered how the small town of gville keeps such a high standard of football with the numbers they have coming through the school.

Edited by TigerPride23