Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

LA hawgeye, will win district with second place coming down to DC,SC,UHS.......with MC, York, and CC in the rear. I look for DC and MC to be pushing us soon but not till next year! UHS got a bunch of vets that been beat on three years and ready to break out. Heck of a qb. SC always good and with a great rb. DC got team on right track but need a year to reload. We lost alot but got tallented backfield, though young, great recivers and db's back, best lb in district and like always bunch of big ol ugly's up front. We wont be 12-2 again, maybe like 11-3 second round type team.

Passing league means jack.

Not to be rude, but the main reason I mentioned the win over Upperman was the hype Upperman's passing game and qb are getting for this season. DC played them with not a single receiver that was a starter last year and has a freshman qb. I agree you can't judge a lot from passing leagues, but you can judge qb's in a way. In the past when DC has lit up the passing leagues we have went on to light up the season. It doesn't tell a lot, but can definitely be an indication of what page the qb and receivers are on.

LA hawgeye, will win district with second place coming down to DC,SC,UHS.......with MC, York, and CC in the rear. I look for DC and MC to be pushing us soon but not till next year! UHS got a bunch of vets that been beat on three years and ready to break out. Heck of a qb. SC always good and with a great rb. DC got team on right track but need a year to reload. We lost alot but got tallented backfield, though young, great recivers and db's back, best lb in district and like always bunch of big ol ugly's up front. We wont be 12-2 again, maybe like 11-3 second round type team.

It'll be hard to repeat a season like last year without the likes of McCoin and Hayes in the backfield. 11-3 would be over achieving, imo.

I can agree that pasing league can showcase a pocket passer killls. But kid like McCoin was, and C.York is, only how half their game. Very hard to how what a dual threat qb can do in passing camps. And lots of freshman (14y/o)look good before pad come on. Then its a diffrent game. Just very hard to judge teams depending on type offense. I know UH ran the read option spread as of last year. I think DC was more of a traditional spread. Team like Gordonsville will throw more in one passing camp game than they will all year.

I'm excited for the season to start. I think SC goes 7-3 or 8-2 could be worse or could be better. There's a lot of question going into the season but I think with the backfield we have we will win more than people think. I was looking at the Murphy Fair book and I was shocked to see us picked fourth in the district, oh well. Also I noticed how weak upperman's schedule was. Like really Monterey and clay co? Also I heard the rb for LA got suspended last year? Any news on that?

GO BIG OWLS!

Had a good talk with one of our players today(Gordonsville) and he said Livingston was the 2nd best team they played(behind Friendship) in the passing camps. They also played Upperman but wasn't very impressed with the Bees. The scores were Gville 3-2 over Upperman and Livingston over Gville 2-1. They also played Cannon and Macon Co. Apparently Cannon and Macon looked pretty rough. The scores were not pretty. My prediction for this district is: 1.)LA 2.)DC 3.)SC 4.)UHS

The top four in the district wil all be up for grabs. Wouldnt suprise me if DC, SC, or UHS win it though I think LA will pull it out. I also here LA suspended a rb for the season, any word?

The suspension of the RB is true! He will not be able to play basketball either. Also have heard Hollers has a bum shoulder.

I honestly dont see anyone containing Milan if the offensive line holds up. He is a specimen, how i hear from the players is that last years defense could barely stop him in just practice. Will be very interesting seeing how he does this year because of all the hype people give him. Everyone will have to hope they have the offensive line to stop Gill too. Have seen and heard he is killing it at camps. He has gotten D-lineman of the camp at multiple big camps. Hopefully the secondary will hold up but by how 7-on-7s went i'm guessing they will be just fine. Its looking up to be a tiger fan. my prediction 1)DC 2)LA 3)SC 4)UHS 5)YI 6) MC 7)CC