Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

I honestly dont see anyone containing Milan if the offensive line holds up. He is a specimen, how i hear from the players is that last years defense could barely stop him in just practice. Will be very interesting seeing how he does this year because of all the hype people give him. Everyone will have to hope they have the offensive line to stop Gill too. Have seen and heard he is killing it at camps. He has gotten D-lineman of the camp at multiple big camps. Hopefully the secondary will hold up but by how 7-on-7s went i'm guessing they will be just fine. Its looking up to be a tiger fan. my prediction 1)DC 2)LA 3)SC 4)UHS 5)YI 6) MC 7)CC

I don't see DC finishing first if they couldn't do it last year.

I don't see DC finishing first if they couldn't do it last year.

Everyone else lost just as much as DC did so i think its anybody's district its going to be who shows up on friday night, a roll of the dice and yes it is a bit bias of course because its my county haha.

How did Gill do in the spring weight lifting event? I know he is a big strong boy. UHS< DC and Cannon all had teams there.

I have no idea, i would think he would have done good. Im pretty sure he is the strongest on the team. Maybe someone else has heard.

Everyone else lost just as much as DC did so i think its anybody's district its going to be who shows up on friday night, a roll of the dice and yes it is a bit bias of course because its my county haha. I have no idea, i would think he would have done good. Im pretty sure he is the strongest on the team. Maybe someone else has heard.

I was being redundant, the top 3 lifters were lineman all from UHS by a large margin. Told to me direct from someone at event. Of course the Gill kid could be better on the field player i give you that. I will stick with my order of LA,UHS, DC, SC, MC, York, Cannon. After LA, its anyones game for the next three just how I will think it will shake out based on UHS clearly has the most back and the single best player back (Conner York)all-be-it not yet proven top level. Now if Hollers cant go and the LA back is truely gone for the year, might make all 4 top teams in district a toss up. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I was being redundant, the top 3 lifters were lineman all from UHS by a large margin. Told to me direct from someone at event. Of course the Gill kid could be better on the field player i give you that. I will stick with my order of LA,UHS, DC, SC, MC, York, Cannon. After LA, its anyones game for the next three just how I will think it will shake out based on UHS clearly has the most back and the single best player back (Conner York)all-be-it not yet proven top level. Now if Hollers cant go and the LA back is truely gone for the year, might make all 4 top teams in district a toss up.

Gill has already proven himself from last year while the Upperman line did nothing. I asked my son this morning and he said Gill got 2nd on bench, 5th on squat, and 4th on the hang clean. 2nd on bench doesnt sound like a "large margin" they all lifted over a thousand pounds in all by what he said. Lets just say they are all impressive. Edited by TheLateGreat

Havent heard about Hollers yet. So what's the word in SC, been quiet? I know DC is having a good first part of camp, passing camp, and hear UhS best receiver Jones been down this summer but hopefully back by game one. MC looks a lil rough i am hearing. So what new in SC and York?

UC I did hear that SC went to Bowling Green, KY passing camp and went 5-0-3. Don't know any details and have only heard this score one time, so take it from there.

UC I did hear that SC went to Bowling Green, KY passing camp and went 5-0-3. Don't know any details and have only heard this score one time, so take it from there.

S like as very good showing and better news than springs was. Takes a new coaching staff time to get it together. SC has the tallent and the numbers if it all comes together.

Gill has already proven himself from last year while the Upperman line did nothing. I asked my son this morning and he said Gill got 2nd on bench, 5th on squat, and 4th on the hang clean. 2nd on bench doesnt sound like a "large margin" they all lifted over a thousand pounds in all by what he said. Lets just say they are all impressive.

I give you that Gill's team last year outpreformed the three lineman that in total weight won that competition team preformed. My point is that DC did lose more than most. UHS play. does have more back than most. UHS did stomp a 6A, even though might be weak, team in the spring with much better D play. I stand by saying LA will take it, UHS second but DC and SC could easily finish in second. Murphy Fair agrees. We might be both wrong at end of the day. Wouldnt be the first but thats what makes things like this fun.

I do not believe in UHS, they finish 4th. Even if they are better this year and a little more competitive that's still not enough to make up the difference vs. an LA, SC, DC team. Yes this is a new year but they was completely blown out vs. each of those teams last season and I just feel the 3 teams mentioned before has still got more talent even with all their loses than UHS has. They are a 5-6 win team. #1 LA, #2 DC/SC, #3 DC/SC, #4 York/UHS.

Ok DCTigerfan, we can agree to disagree on order behind LA. That's what makes it fun. I am just looking at UHS like I did DC in 09. Lots of tallent, but still around 500 type team. When they got to be jr and sr, things got turned around. I can see this happen there too. Unless they are not coached up, on paper they have the tallent. CYork averages over 350 yard a game. Only played in 6 games but had 1700 passing, 750 ruhing. They lost 3 of 4 he didn't play in. Their best defender the Middle LB also missed 3 critical games. Vey well should have been 7-3 last year and more competitive in the 3 loses. Yes excuses and excuses won't do it this year, I just think it might be thier time. And accourding to preveiw write up, if your team has a Oline that is 6'6 240, 6'3 295, 6'1 215, 5'10 240, 6'1 250 and Dline of 6'3 285, 6'3 340, 6'1, 255. If you can't win with 23 seniors, talent like CYork, and a line like that then its on the coaches. Lot of these kids never played ball till Herron got the job and were learning how to play last couple seasons getting 9 wins in two seasons after getting 4 wins from 08-10.They showss signs of getting better. Plus school keeps growing. Gordonsville game will tell a lot.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Ok DCTigerfan, we can agree to disagree on order behind LA. That's what makes it fun. I am just looking at UHS like I did DC in 09. Lots of tallent, but still around 500 type team. When they got to be jr and sr, things got turned around. I can see this happen there too. Unless they are not coached up, on paper they have the tallent. CYork averages over 350 yard a game. Only played in 6 games but had 1700 passing, 750 ruhing. They lost 3 of 4 he didn't play in. Their best defender the Middle LB also missed 3 critical games. Vey well should have been 7-3 last year and more competitive in the 3 loses. Yes excuses and excuses won't do it this year, I just think it might be thier time. And accourding to preveiw write up, if your team has a Oline that is 6'6 240, 6'3 295, 6'1 215, 5'10 240, 6'1 250 and Dline of 6'3 285, 6'3 340, 6'1, 255. If you can't win with 23 seniors, talent like CYork, and a line like that then its on the coaches. Lot of these kids never played ball till Herron got the job and were learning how to play last couple seasons getting 9 wins in two seasons after getting 4 wins from 08-10.They showss signs of getting better. Plus school keeps growing. Gordonsville game will tell a lot.

You failed to mention that these "Games" that York went crazy stat wise was against crap teams, Meigs, Monterey, Harriman, Rockwood. I mean really? your bragging about how good your quaterback is when a pee-wee team would put up a fight against these schools. When he played against quality teams like York last year he lost by 2 touchdowns and everyone knows Yorks passing defense was their weakness so why didnt he go off? Or being destroyed by Livingston? Or the 47-0 shutout that Smith threw on him. I thought he played against smith since that is game six last year like you said he played. Either way he only does good against horrible teams. Edited by TheLateGreat