Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

Guest Termite

SC will have one of the strongest backfields in recent years: Manning, williams and Gregory. QB will be in question who will play BUT - things have a chance to bring surprises here in SC!!

I tend to think this way Scoot........Backfield will be strong, but....

my concerns are not QB, or who will play QB. Givens transferred in last year. His presence was a security blanket. Kinda like a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush. If he hadn't transferred, SC may have lost to G-ville....but the backups would have played, got experience, and SC would have had basically the same results.( Just my opinion)

My concerns are.....( in order)

1, SC needs a couple of big ole linemen. We got big...I mean big ole, mean, nasty, guys with the OL attitude. I think there are a couple.We need a couple more. Manning-Gregory-Williams are no good without blocking...

2. LBs. If Manning-Gregory-Williams are you picks at LB then

3, A couple of DEs have to high on your wish list.

4. A couple of DBs

5.I'm not concerned with DL....SC has been pretty good at filling those spots.

6. QB.....hand off and throw just enough to keep everybody honest. I'm not sure who would catch it anyway. I wondered way Kemp wasn't used at WR last year....... some anyways....

The good news is......it's like this every year and SC seems to manage pretty well. SC will be fine....

Edited by Termite

I tend to think this way Scoot........Backfield will be strong, but....

my concerns are not QB, or who will play QB. Givens transferred in last year. His presence was a security blanket. Kinda like a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush. If he hadn't transferred, SC may have lost to G-ville....but the backups would have played, got experience, and SC would have had basically the same results.( Just my opinion)

My concerns are.....( in order)

1, SC needs a couple of big ole linemen. We got big...I mean big ole, mean, nasty, guys with the OL attitude. I think there are a couple.We need a couple more. Manning-Gregory-Williams are no good without blocking...

2. LBs. If Manning-Gregory-Williams are you picks at LB then

3, A couple of DEs have to high on your wish list.

4. A couple of DBs

5.I'm not concerned with DL....SC has been pretty good at filling those spots.

6. QB.....hand off and throw just enough to keep everybody honest. I'm not sure who would catch it anyway. I wondered way Kemp wasn't used at WR last year....... some anyways....

The good news is......it's like this every year and SC seems to manage pretty well. SC will be fine....

#6 I totally agree with. He is a very good athlete who can play multiple positions. I look for him to be the surprise player for contribution next year. The last I heard, the big guy who didn't get to finish the season last year is making waves for the good. I would say he is 6'2" and weighs

230 now. Hopefully he will respond and this could be a great help. It seems like every year we have this conversion about next years team. Wins/losses might not be quiet as good due to schedule, but I look for SC to surprise some people.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I here there. Was a weight lifting competition between Cannon, Upperman, and Dekalb. Any detail who looked strong?

I heard there were two huge lineman from Upperman that didnt even warm up on wieghts till after most kids were done with their max. Crazy weight like 380 bench presses and 500 on squats. My buddy from DC said those two won most weight over all by 300 pounds each ,over the next closest kids. Said they both looked around 6'3 and close to 290-300lbs.

Been quiet awhile. Anyone know anything about DeKalb so far? How many players are out for practices? Any spring scrimmages? There are a few players I'm expecting to have a surprise year.

I think folks might be under estimating DC. With people having UHS as a possible favorite but not much winning history, and SC in a coaching change, LA or DC could suprize and still win it. I thing 7-3 is very posssible. Looks like SC and Watertown play tonight. Cookeville-Austin East-UHS Thursday at Tech.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Good luck in your district this year! i saw some interesting games last year out of it. I don't know enough to make a prediction but, based off everything i have seen or gathered from here. Everyone better hope they have the secondary to stop the York kid from Upperman, Good enough front 7 to stop Manning from Smith and a good enough offensive line to stop Gill from Dekalb.