Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

Coach Miller is not the step son of Coach Bernie. He is an adopted son of the Coach in which he has been with him since around age 15. Miller, never had anything to do with the program at Dekalb County. He does have a high level of respect for Coach Steve Trapp and Mike Shaw as he was around the program with Coach Bernie . Coach Miller has been at the College level the last few years, he did take the dc job at Upperman High School due to Coach Bernies health concerns, he wanted to stay near the coach.

Field house will be nice! Hopefully we can add bleachers to the visitor side of the field. DeKalb will still be solid this year and I have a feeling they will surprise some people.... Upperman says if they don't win the district this year then they never will. So we will see what that's all about come august.

Edited by Waterboy78

For what it's worth, my new predictions for 2013. 1. Upperman- They got all the pieces back, added a D cordinator, great QB, couple transfers from Cookeville but a little reluctant based on past preformances. Have big Ol and DL. 2. Smith Co- lost a lot on defense and no QB. That will new first time head coach. Still has Manning and numbers so they might finish 1st. Will depend how quick the gel. 3. LA- lost best lineman, best back, and qb. Still have a lot of tallent so they don't fall off to far. Good head coach. 3. Dekalb- lost QB, lots of offenive firepower and the D cordinator. Still some tallent left and strong jr high keeps them in the mix. Good head coach. 5. Macon- can't go anywhere but up. District move helps, new head coach and jr going 19-1 over last two seasons brings tallent. Still one to two years away from competing for district title. 6. York- lots of tallent lost, not much coming up from the jr ranks.Short of anothr big transfer, I see them struggling. 7. Cannon- nothing needs to be said.

For what it's worth, my new predictions for 2013. 1. Upperman- They got all the pieces back, added a D cordinator, great QB, couple transfers from Cookeville but a little reluctant based on past preformances. Have big Ol and DL. 2. Smith Co- lost a lot on defense and no QB. That will new first time head coach. Still has Manning and numbers so they might finish 1st. Will depend how quick the gel. 3. LA- lost best lineman, best back, and qb. Still have a lot of tallent so they don't fall off to far. Good head coach. 3. Dekalb- lost QB, lots of offenive firepower and the D cordinator. Still some tallent left and strong jr high keeps them in the mix. Good head coach. 5. Macon- can't go anywhere but up. District move helps, new head coach and jr going 19-1 over last two seasons brings tallent. Still one to two years away from competing for district title. 6. York- lots of tallent lost, not much coming up from the jr ranks.Short of anothr big transfer, I see them struggling. 7. Cannon- nothing needs to be said.

Number 7 is funny I don't care who you are!!

1. Smith/Livingston-top dogs every year. Ranked here until proven otherwise

3. Upper man- May be most talented. Lacks discipline.

4. Dekalb-Lost a lot but have had success.

5. York-never count out Coach Brown

6. Macon-new district, middle school coach. Could be better than expected

7. Cannon-as UCM stated, nothing needs said. Possibly 0-10 again