Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

So if there is a shakeup, Smith County goes toward the bottom? The shape of the coaching staff after the meltdown is all that concerns me? A head coaching change at SCHS, if there is truth to it, is not an automatic trip to the bottom. We were Smith County before our HC came and we'll be Smith County long after we're all gone. If it isn't official, it's rumor and speculation. One thing is official, I'm SCP4LIFE!!

So if there is a shakeup, Smith County goes toward the bottom? The shape of the coaching staff after the meltdown is all that concerns me? A head coaching change at SCHS, if there is truth to it, is not an automatic trip to the bottom. We were Smith County before our HC came and we'll be Smith County long after we're all gone. If it isn't official, it's rumor and speculation. One thing is official, I'm SCP4LIFE!!

Well I've talked to some very important players for next year, and they state that if there is a coaching change they are leaving..

Well I've talked to some very important players for next year, and they state that if there is a coaching change they are leaving..

Then let them leave!!! That is stupid to leave because of a coaching change! That is not having pride in your school or your community!! If they leave then, and when they come back people should ignore them and act as if they do not exist!!

Edited by theoldballcoachbaby

No disrespect but if anybody is leaving, then they aren't too darn important. Since you talk to them, tell them i asked them to not let the door hit them in the "backside" on the way out. All the talk about "Man Up","WTD" and "SCP" is just that i guess...just talk.

No disrespect but if anybody is leaving, then they aren't too darn important. Since you talk to them, tell them i asked them to not let the door hit them in the "backside" on the way out. All the talk about "Man Up","WTD" and "SCP" is just that i guess...just talk.

I told them that they didn't have the true SCP if they would leave, but they're teenagers so.. they don't care really

The talk is three are gone. Plus talking to players, they say they are leaving also..

If Coach leaves for something better that is fine. If he takes some assistants with him that is fine. I am all for anyone improving themselves. As far as players saying they will leave, that is fine also. We all know these are young kids and would be upset to lose the only coach they know. Also, there is a lot more to "leaving" than just getting up one morning and say, "well I am going to another school today." Let no one fool you, Smith County is a VERY, VERY ATTRACTIVE job. I personally know several very good coaches who have been watching the situation here in Carthage for a few years, hearing that Coach might leave. Trust me, getting a QUALITY coach is not a problem. SC's reputation, facilities, community support, school support and 90 plus players out for football is unheard of in many communities. As for assistants leaving also, fine as they feel they are improving their situation also. What this does is allow the new coach to bring assistant(s) with him and make this hire even more attractive. If Coach(s) leave, good luck to each and we will move forward with new blood. The sky is not going to fall if we make a coaching change.

Edited by scooter

If Coach leaves for something better that is fine. If he takes some assistants with him that is fine. I am all for anyone improving themselves. As far as players saying they will leave, that is fine also. We all know these are young kids and would be upset to lose the only coach they know. Also, there is a lot more to "leaving" than just getting up one morning and say, "well I am going to another school today." Let no one fool you, Smith County is a VERY, VERY ATTRACTIVE job. I personally know several very good coaches who have been watching the situation here in Carthage for a few years, hearing that Coach might leave. Trust me, getting a QUALITY coach is not a problem. SC's reputation, facilities, community support, school support and 90 plus players out for football is unheard of in many communities. As for assistants leaving also, fine as they feel they are improving their situation also. What this does is allow the new coach to bring assistant(s) with him and make this hire even more attractive. If Coach(s) leave, good luck to each and we will move forward with new blood. The sky is not going to fall if we make a coaching change.

Good post...my friend. You can't blame anyone for leaving if they want to. Good luck to them if it does happen. I felt the same when Gary left. I hope the right staff can be found to continue to improve the program. This staff has definitely done that.