Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

No disrespect about Gordonsville what so ever when I say this. I say they win first game in a very close one. But beating Gordonsville in a scrimmage 3-1, 3-2 ???. The best two teams they had in 20 plus years were 2011-2012. Each year SC beat them. Each year SC got bounced in 1st roun of 3a playoffs. DC is 4a. 850 plus students that scrimmaged a 350 studnet 1a school that just lost 20 seniors. They should win that.

No disrespect about Gordonsville what so ever when I say this. I say they win first game in a very close one. But beating Gordonsville in a scrimmage 3-1, 3-2 ???. The best two teams they had in 20 plus years were 2011-2012. Each year SC beat them. Each year SC got bounced in 1st roun of 3a playoffs. DC is 4a. 850 plus students that scrimmaged a 350 studnet 1a school that just lost 20 seniors. They should win that.

it's a mystery. Gville only had about 50 in every class back in the 80's and still beat schools waaaayyyy bigger than them. Including privates. Gordonsville just has consistenty produced football players over the years. Something in the water. Not bragging. I can bring out the facts. The cupboard is not bare at Gville even excluding Cason. But after these next two years it could possibly be.

Guest Termite

Yea....they should......but they have had the numbers for years .... DC had the best year they have had in 20 years in 2012, so do the numbers and who beat who the last 2 years  matter??

All I am saying is the DC folks keep talking about some big break through. No more old DC. But would Whitehouse care about a scrimmage they beat JoBurns in or Alcoa brag they beat Coalfield? Beech 5a just beat TC 2a in jamboree. Beech chest pumping over it? When your 2-3 classes above some one, you should win if your a quality team.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

The breakthrough DC fans "keep talking about" is since coach trapp's fourth year (about the time he had a full class he coached) we have been a relevant program. The days of 0-10 and 1-9 are over from the looks of it. Can you honestly say you can see trapp and team with a record like that? What we are excited about is at least contending in playoffs and not being a cupcake scheduled game anymore.

To your next point WH shouldn't get excited over JB. They aren't on the level of the other schools mentioned. As for beech and Alcoa they are obviously on another level currently. They wouldn't and shouldn't be impressed with a win except against a small select few teams.

Lastly, I didn't see any chest thumping or bragging about the scrimmage. We just stated DC and LA scores as to see where talent level is against each other is this year.

All I am saying is the DC folks keep talking about some big break through. No more old DC. But would Whitehouse care about a scrimmage they beat JoBurns in or Alcoa brag they beat Coalfield? Beech 5a just beat TC 2a in jamboree. Beech chest pumping over it? When your 2-3 classes above some one, you should win if your a quality team.

No one is bragging about a victory in the off season because you cannot solely judge a team by scrimmages. You can however get a pretty decent idea of what kind of team you will field. People on here are simply stating they have been pleasantly suprised by how DC has performed thus far in scrimmages and camps. We feel we will have a pretty solid team this year and are expecting another successful season. I dont think any of us believe we will be as good as last years team, but by seasons end we will be in good shape. In my opinion the district is wide open for the taking this year, more so than it has ever been since this district formed. I believe there are 4 teams capable of winning the district and those teams in no particular order are DC, SC, LA, and UHS. The break through people are referring to is ever since Coach Trapp has coached his first full class all 4 years they have been successful and are going out winners. We feel the days of 2 win seasons are the thing of the past and we all are very proud of that and the job Coach Trapp has done up to this point.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

No one is bragging about a victory in the off season because you cannot solely judge a team by scrimmages. You can however get a pretty decent idea of what kind of team you will field. People on here are simply stating they have been pleasantly suprised by how DC has performed thus far in scrimmages and camps. We feel we will have a pretty solid team this year and are expecting another successful season. I dont think any of us believe we will be as good as last years team, but by seasons end we will be in good shape. In my opinion the district is wide open for the taking this year, more so than it has ever been since this district formed. I believe there are 4 teams capable of winning the district and those teams in no particular order are DC, SC, LA, and UHS. The break through people are referring to is ever since Coach Trapp has coached his first full class all 4 years they have been successful and are going out winners. We feel the days of 2 win seasons are the thing of the past and we all are very proud of that and the job Coach Trapp has done up to this point.

Well said. No one has been touting DC as "world beaters" regardless of what others may say. We're all just happy that we think we can at least compete year in and year out now.

I remember that the teams when i were in high school only won around 9 games all four years i attended. Games were still fun back then, but the atmosphere and community support is completely different now that it was then. And everyone is glad for that change.

Well said. No one has been touting DC as "world beaters" regardless of what others may say. We're all just happy that we think we can at least compete year in and year out now.

I remember that the teams when i were in high school only won around 9 games all four years i attended. Games were still fun back then, but the atmosphere and community support is completely different now that it was then. And everyone is glad for that change.

Yeah the common misconception seems to be that fans from other teams think we are claiming to be world beaters like you said. That is the farthest thing from the truth that I have seen though. We DC fans are just really excited about the job Coach Trapp has done with the program and that we finally have something to be proud of. Trapp has finally got the ball rolling and I dont expect it to slow down, more good things are to come.

Guys, I have said it before, DC is tons better than the teams produced pre-2008.If DC would have beat GH say in 2006, I would have been suprised and been something to talk about. I am simply saying now that DC can contend for a district title year after year, they should beat a great 1a school that lost 20 seniors. So should LA. Smith should and does.UHS,York are not at that level yet. Close at times, specially York, but neither conistant enough. They only thing hanging over DC's head is the district title. Some great teams in last 5 years, but does need to finally win the district at some point.

Guys, I have said it before, DC is tons better than the teams produced pre-2008.If DC would have beat GH say in 2006, I would have been suprised and been something to talk about. I am simply saying now that DC can contend for a district title year after year, they should beat a great 1a school that lost 20 seniors. So should LA. Smith should and does.UHS,York are not at that level yet. Close at times, specially York, but neither conistant enough. They only thing hanging over DC's head is the district title. Some great teams in last 5 years, but does need to finally win the district at some point.

Like I said good things are happening in the DC program. Keep the ball rolling and a district title will eventually come. In the previous seasons DC has had some good teams like you said. However, they were not complete teams..they were all offense and you cant win titles without playing good sound defense. Last year was our first complete team we have had and as good as they was LA was just better. Coach Trapp is still a young coach in the grand scheme of things and is still learning, he will only get better. He has finally got the coaches in place to have good defenses to go along with the great offenses he has had and normally will have. With a little patience he will get us that first district title in good time.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

I get what you're saying, and I know a team that has been fairly consistent shouldn't seem like we should get so excited. The thing is we also lost 23 seniors and watching the young guys out there including freshman doing so well has been such a surprise. We all expected this preseason to be miserable and were pleasantly surprised. Losing only 3 seniors this year already has me anxious to see the years to come.