Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

all is quiet on the york front, they will start the season at tenn tech against white co. because of the new track being put down up on the mountain. this team is very young yet eager to play. they lost a lot of players from both lines and at the skill positions. they have already been bit by the injury bug. i am not really sure what to expect from this team except that they will be a hard working bunch. 

After LA's last preformance, might be. But didn't LA and DC both tie Gordonsville in scrimmages 2-2? That's what makes it so hard to judge.

It depends on the individual coach as to what the scrimmage means. Those of you who knew Brownie Robinson at Watertown, he would pull every trick in the bag, guard around and many othr trick plays to win the scrimmage.  It was considered a regular season game to him. Other coaches are playing players in different positins to try and fill holes in the lineup. A fullback might wind up playing tight end and a guard might be the fullback. This type coach will try many combinations that might hurt the outcome of the scrimmage but the coach found out who could play where.

we won against Gordonsville 3-1 as starters go. Refer to earlier in our DeKalb Thread.

I was going to say that but you beat me to it lol. It was 3-1. The reason for the claim for a tie was DC took out the defensive players that returned from last year (like 4 guys) early without making a complete second team sub and that's when Gville scored.

Deekalb hands down preseason winner!!! Tie breaker was they "WOULD have been" district champs last year if they were in Warren Co. district!

Golly gee, i guess its a good thing for us we werent there last year. We mightve been beaten so badly that our program wouldve never recovered. :rolleyes:

After LA's last preformance, might be. But didn't LA and DC both tie Gordonsville in scrimmages 2-2? That's what makes it so hard to judge.

I have seen both scrimmages. DC was 2-2 but one time Gville scored the Dekalb defensive starters from last year were out of the game. If it was a real game I'd have Dekalb by a touchdown. But that Livingston score was a lot closer than it was. Gville is a solid 2-3 touchdowns better than LA in a real game. Upperman coaches were at the game so I'm sure the Gville coaches threw away half of their playbook. But on the other side the same exact thing happened last year. Gville scrimmaged both LA and Dekalb and Dekalb looked way better. But I don't have to remind everyone what happened last year between DC/LA. The sleeper in this district is Smith County. I guarantee they'll have it together by the time the district games come around.