Beech vs Gallatin for the region title

GWAVE1

What are your thoughts? It has played out and the big one is gonna happen. Is this R.J.Meadows vs Jacquez Williams? What about the Gallatin O-line vs. the D-Line for Beech. How will Gallatin handle a Beech team that will run right at them instead of the Wing-T look?

Hey Metsdude did you ever find out Beech's 2003 schedule?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No GWAVE1 I havent been able to find Beech's schedule for next year, but I appreciate you asking me!!!

I think the Gallatin, Beech game should be pretty intense and I hope their isn't a blow out by either team. I am looking for an equal game and hoping that Beech can hang with the Green Wave. My head is telling me that Gallatin will win, but since I'm a Beech fan I really cant make any predictions about the outcome, just hope for a good game, and a good atmosphere. Best of luck to the Green Wave squad though!!!

No GWAVE1 I havent been able to find Beech's schedule for next year, but I appreciate you asking me!!!

I think the Gallatin, Beech game should be pretty intense and I hope their isn't a blow out by either team. I am looking for an equal game and hoping that Beech can hang with the Green Wave. My head is telling me that Gallatin will win, but since I'm a Beech fan I really cant make any predictions about the outcome, just hope for a good game, and a good atmosphere. Best of luck to the Green Wave squad though!!!

These two teams match up pretty well in almost every area.

But I don't think Beech's defense is that great.

Gallatin has been facing defenses that are selling out on the run. Every team we have faced the last few weeks has put eleven guys in the box. Hunters Lane and H'ville went so far as to put eight guys on the line of scrimmage and have three linebackers. And no one has stopped them yet. H'ville did the best I think anyone could, and GHS put up 17 on them.

People might see a box score and see a 3.5 yard average and think that GHS struggled. What people don't realize is we don't mind holding onto the football. If you want to stack up and try to hold us to 3 yards, OK. We'll just take a 15 play drive and get our six points while your offense sits on the sideline for nine or ten minutes. Pick your poison. Slow death, quick death.

I think Beech is capable of scoring some points. At this point in the year everything in the playbook is coming out.

But in the end I think Gallatin will just wear them down.

It won't be a high scoring game.

Best of luck to both schools!

Beech has a nice team and gives a great effort in their games. The problem for Beech is a Gallatin team that is peaking at the right time of the year. The Williams kid for Gallatin looks healthy and is playing much better now than at the beginning of the year.

I believe the only way Beech can win is to have a big game with their special teams. Gallatin will control their run game and Beech's passing attack only involves one player that could hurt Gallatin.

Gallatin--23

Beech-----13

Like opponents:

Antioch: BHS won 27-0, GHS won 40-16.

McGavock: BHS won 35-21, GHS won 21-0.

Hendersonville: BHS won 17-13, GHS won 17-0.

Lebanon: BHS won 19-7, GHS won 28-7.

Glencliff: GHS won 22-7. BHS won 45-7

Hunters Lane: GHS won 35-14, BHS won 22-21.

In those games, GHS averaged 27.16 points a game, BHS averaged 27.5. Defensively, GHS allowed 7.3 points a game, BHS- 11.5.

In their last six games BHS has given up 12.66 points a game, GHS-7.16.

Overall this season:

Beech is scoring 28.4 points a game and allowing 10.8 for an average margin of 17.6.

Gallatin is scoring 27.2 points a game and allowing 7.8 for an average margin of 19.4.

Beech's non-region opponents are 15-21.

Gallatin's non-region opponents are 18-18.

I was bored.

I think Gallatin wins easily. You can't stop their running game for a whole game...no team can. Their D-line is the strongest and fastest I've seen and should have their way with Beech. Im waiting for someone to shut Meadows up. He talks to much. With Link healthy and punting well, Beech will never get the ball any closer than their own 30 yard line...have fun trying to put a drive together ;)

Posted by hegotgame:

I think Gallatin wins easily. You can't stop their running game for a whole game...no team can. Their D-line is the strongest and fastest I've seen and should have their way with Beech. Im waiting for someone to shut Meadows up. He talks to much. With Link healthy and punting well, Beech will never get the ball any closer than their own 30 yard line...have fun trying to put a drive together ;)

Have fun trying to put a drive together huh??..lol, It will be fun watching beech put one together and go up and down the field all night. And NO ONE will be able to shut meadows up. Hes GOOD!! As for link being healthy and punting well, yea Gallatin will punt alot, but Beechs punter is better than link, hes the best in the county. Beech also has the best special teams in county, if not the best in the state. But like i said, Meadows will not get stopped, dont you think teams have tried to stop him so far, and have they??? NOPE they havent. I say beech wins 27 - 7