Beech vs Gallatin for the region title

GWAVE1

Posted by phishhead:
Posted by Bucs:
Posted by hegotgame:

I think Gallatin wins easily. You can't stop their running game for a whole game...no team can. Their D-line is the strongest and fastest I've seen and should have their way with Beech. Im waiting for someone to shut Meadows up. He talks to much. With Link healthy and punting well, Beech will never get the ball any closer than their own 30 yard line...have fun trying to put a drive together :D

Ok so thats why hes the best player in the county....Leading the county in just about every statisitic except for rushing whichs hes 3rd, passing which hes not a qb but yet thrown 3 td's this season, tackling, but yet leads county in INT's, and punting, which hes not a punter, but beechs punter does lead the county in punting.

however he does lead the county in.......

Scoring 82 total points(the closest player yall have to him in scoring has half the points meadows does)

8 rushing td's 2 recieving and 3 punt returns

Recieving 342 yards and 20 receptions

Punt returns 17 for over 400 yards and 3 tds 22 yard avg

Kickoff returns 15 over 400 yards hasnt got a td on that yet but im sure will

and interceptions i already mentioned. Phishhed tell yourself this, Meadows is the best player in this county and no one not even gallatin will stop him. hunters lane might of slowed him down, but yet he still scored and wether or not the game was close ask anyone you want and a W is a W

[Edited by Bucs on 10-27-02 11:10P]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Bucs:
Posted by phishhead:
Posted by Bucs:
Posted by hegotgame:

I think Gallatin wins easily. You can't stop their running game for a whole game...no team can. Their D-line is the strongest and fastest I've seen and should have their way with Beech. Im waiting for someone to shut Meadows up. He talks to much. With Link healthy and punting well, Beech will never get the ball any closer than their own 30 yard line...have fun trying to put a drive together :D

Ok so thats why hes the best player in the county....Leading the county in just about every statisitic except for rushing whichs hes 3rd, passing which hes not a qb but yet thrown 3 td's this season, tackling, but yet leads county in INT's, and punting, which hes not a punter, but beechs punter does lead the county in punting.

however he does lead the county in.......

Scoring 82 total points(the closest player yall have to him in scoring has half the points meadows does)

8 rushing td's 2 recieving and 3 punt returns

Recieving 342 yards and 20 receptions

Punt returns 17 for over 400 yards and 3 tds 22 yard avg

Kickoff returns 15 over 400 yards hasnt got a td on that yet but im sure will

and interceptions i already mentioned. Phishhed tell yourself this, Meadows is the best player in this county and no one not even gallatin will stop him. hunters lane might of slowed him down, but yet he still scored and wether or not the game was close ask anyone you want and a W is a W

[Edited by Bucs on 10-27-02 11:10P]

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Bucs, you made his point. Sure, Gallatin doesn't have one individual with those stats, they distribute the wealth.Do you want one weapon, or many weapons? He thinks they can win easily because they only have to slow down ONE player. Beech doesn't seem to have a second choice. (You seem to be a big stat man, look at the rest of Beech's players stats) Look what happened in your last game. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Ok say we dont have meadows, we still got john michael carver whos got over 400 yards rushing and 4 td's, craig foster whos over 500 yards passing with a couple of td's and 8 rushing touchdowns, Jeremy Leftwich whos also doing well at receiver with a few td's, as for his punting which is outstanding, Josh Stringfellow whos the best kicker around and great free saftey(2nd in county in tackles), andre smith(1st in tackles in the county, 4 in the state).

Beech does have several weapons, A whole lot more than Gallatin. Meadows is just the ring leader out this bunch, so you wake up and smell the coffee!

[Edited by Bucs on 10-28-02 1:18A]

Posted by Bucs:

Ok say we dont have meadows, we still got john michael carver whos got over 400 yards rushing and 4 td's, craig foster whos over 500 yards passing with a couple of td's and 8 rushing touchdowns, Jeremy Leftwich whos also doing well at receiver with a few td's, as for his punting which is outstanding, Josh Stringfellow whos the best kicker around and great free saftey(2nd in county in tackles), andre smith(1st in tackles in the county, 4 in the state).

Beech does have several weapons, A whole lot more than Gallatin. Meadows is just the ring leader out this bunch, so you wake up and smell the coffee!

[Edited by Bucs on 10-28-02 1:18A]

----------------------------------

Like I said, look at their totals. Nobody else scares Gallatin. I didn't question your defense, but obviously you do. Good thing Beech has a good punter, because he'll probably be busy. :D

Posted by phishhead:

What do you mean "who has Gallatin played"? The best non-region team Beech has played is Dickson Co, and you guys lost to them. I guess you guys are real proud of that big win against Warren Co. Real hard to get a win there, huh? Or maybe you think the win against Lebanon was a big one. Well Gallatin beat them 28-7 at their place. Beech only managed to score 19 on them at Beech! Please! If you think Gallatin is overrated you are goint to have to make a better arguement than that.

I want one person to tell me how Beech plans to stop Gallatin's run game. Seriously. You can't put more than eleven guys in the box! And that is exactly what Gallatin has faced.

I'm not saying Gallatin is going to run for 300 yards or anything, but come on. If eleven man defensive fronts aren't successful then what is?

The one thing that Gallitan has over Beech is a big offense line, which allows Williams and Link to run for good yardage. The only that Beech will be able to stop the run will to have a continuing blitz and penatrate that big offense line. If they dont, Gallitan will have there way on the line of scrimmage, easy enough.

Bucs, you didn't really help your arguement.

If you think Beech is going to win just tell me/us why. McGavock, Hendersinville, and Hunters Lane scored 21,13, and 21 points on you guys respectively. Those teams scored zero, zero, and 14 on Gallatin, repectively. That's a total of 55 to 14.

So if your defense couldn't stop those teams, how do you plan to stop Gallatin. Give us some X's and O's. What do you think Beech can do successfully to stop Gallatin from scoring?

If you want to debate, you have to give facts that support your arguement.

And quit giving all these individual stats. You sound like your brown nosing Meadows. "Mr. Meadows, you're the greatest! I know all your stats. Will you sign my notebook?"

One thing for sure...Meadows is a player. He is quite a weapon for any team to have. Gallatin will have there hands full trying to stop him. Foster's throwing ability will also concern the Wave. I am sure that to negate the speed and pursuit of the line and linebackers Beech will have to test the airways. Stringfellow has already proven that he is a deep threat, so getting close could provide valuable points for the Bucs.

Stopping Gallatin however, That will be something that no team has done this year. Gallatin's O-line is dominating. Big and fast, what more do you want from a line.(They do not get enough credit). Williams is running really well behind them. Getting the fullbacks in the mix the last couple of weeks has also been important. Keying on Williams may get you burned. The trump card is Johnson. Stats do not indicate what a leader the kid is. A real heads up player. Also even they have been under used this year is the receivers. Never at Gallatin has the corps been this deep. Link,Weaver,Jones,Robinson,Finch,and Bowers. Now that is impressive.

As for the game...it should be a great one. I look for a close score with so much on the line. But I have to agree with just1np(again). Paybacks are rough in this league!!

overall record:Gallatin 15 Beech 2---(meaningless stat)

Better get there early...stadium only seats 6,000 :rolleyes: Go Green Wave!!!!!!

I don't think anyone on these message boards talks about defense more than I do. And I think everyone will agree that both Beech and Gallatin have good defenses. Now I think Gallatin's is better for a number of reasons (consistency being one), but there is one glaring stat that is irrefutable.

SECOND HALF POINTS ALLOWED

Gallatin has given up just 29 points in the second half all season. That is 3.2 points per second half. And if that wasn't enough, Gallatin has given up ZERO points in the second half of the last FOUR games, and just SEVEN second half points in the last SIX games! And keep in mind that those last two games were against the other two playoff teams in region 5, not some winless team or something!

This is just a little more compelling evidence in the "wear 'em down" game plan that Gallatin throw at people.

Now the other side of that is what Beech's defense has given up in the second half. In Beech's one loss not only did they give up all ten points in the second half, they gave them all up in the fourth quarter!

For the season Beech has allowed 72 second half points. And since they have allowed 98 points on the year, that means that their opponents have scored 73% of their points in the second half!

I spoke earlier about Gallatin's last four games. Well in Beech's last four games the defense has 29 points. Now you may recall that I said Gallatin's defense has given up just 29 second half points all year. Beech's defense has given up exactly 29 in the last four games alone! You will also recall that during the last four games Gallatin has given up how many points? Zero! (I knew you where paying attention)

Ladies and gentlemen, it seems one of these two teams ages like fine wine. Can you guess which one?

just1np, that is probably because Beech has 9 players going both ways. When I went to watch the B team game a few weeks ago I was surprised that so few players were practicing compared to the ones on the jr. varsity. At Gallatin over 40 players do not compete in the B team games. I once got confused thinking that they were conducting the jr.varsity game on the practice field instead of at the stadium. Conditioning will be a factor. It has been in every game would you not agree?

Guest fball111

well im sorry to tell u but your offensive line ain't that good but yall might be big but u are very slow and the reason why yall gain so many yards is b/c your offensive line falls down and lays on the opposing team and the refs has not been calling that and another thing only defense player yall have is that number 34 and also thatnumber 2 dont like to hit nobody on defense

GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!

Reece has 8 sacks and Robinson has 6. Weaver has had an interception in the past 3 games. But whatever you think dude.

The fat and slow linemen...just shows that you have no concept of Green Wave football.

And by the way...it is called a pancake and we have been eating them all year long. :rolleyes:

you know, it's funny how guys start saying all the "you're line ain't that good" stuff when they are confronted with true, factual statistics.

Well dude, the numbers don't lie do they?

If you think Gallatin's line isn't any good then explain the 9-0 record and the 250 yards rushing a game.

If you think the defense isn't that good then explain the numbers just1np gave us.

Or is logical thought an ability with which you were not blessed?