Beech vs Gallatin for the region title

GWAVE1

ok, well gallatin might be bigger stronger, what else you can think of, but beech is gonna win the game. Wether its 3 to zero or whatever, beech will win this ballgame somehow someway. I know you hate hearing this and will probally just come up with more stats to reply with, but thats just how it is. It will be the 3rd year in a row.

[Edited by Bucs on 10-28-02 9:42P]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't mind hearing it. I actually love it.

I would just like for you to show some intelligence and support your opinion.

This is a message board. This is the place to have a discussion, get it? Saying that Beech is gonna win "somehow, someway" makes you sound like you are trying to convince yourself that Beech will win, not us.

you sound like Dorothy on the Wizard of Oz.

"Oh Toto, we've got to get back to Auntie M, some how, some way!"

fb111 you think bucs can win but they can't gallatin can win but bucs can't cause wave will win bucs two slow and can't block but will get blocked in blowout this game not even close the door on the bucs cause schedule easy win for wave at their house not at home you cain't win!!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! I'M POSTING LIKE A BUCS FAN!!!!!

lololololololololololololololololololol :o:o:o:o

dandy and fishhead.. yall guys and all the other people on here are underestimating the bucs. all yall go by is some stats and stats dont matter alll the time. this game between the buccaneers and the green wave this friday night is going to show who wins the region for these guys. im sure the bucs are gonna come out and play some hardnose football like they have all year. if yall knew anything yall would know that beech aint just some pushover guys. i think this is going to be a great game and whoever plays with more heart and more intensity, that team will win the ball game. GO BUCS!!!

This will be the best game in the mid state in my opinion. These are two teams who are both talented and well coached. When you say throw out the stats and the records you are right. This is an old fashioned in county grudge match. I dont see alot of points being scored, however, I do see alot of hard hits and great defensive stands occuring. I think the winner is going to be decieded on the mental aspect of the game, who is going to keep their composure and who is going to let their emotion cause a stupid mistake. Go Wave!!!

P.S. GWAVE1, thanks for the anwer to my question last week.

[Edited by bbv84 on 10-29-02 1:38A]

I think yall have a good team. I just wish yall could post so I can understand what yall are talkin bout. Stats don't win games and it is yall who are using them.

Now if you don't like my opinion, that is fine. I actually stated that I believe Gallatin has more weapons and is playing at he top of their game. Gallatin is peaking at the right time. Doesn't guarantee a Gallatin victory.

If my teams region (6-4a) and the team I support (WHHS) pans out with no upsets, we will be facing the same situation Beech has. Playing a team (Overton) that will be favored, on paper looks better than us, but just like Beech, you don't play on paper. So I feel your pain! I was poking fun at some of the posts that are on this thread.

I'm bring this post over to this thread off of another one, because for some reason it just seems more fitting on this one.

Don't ya just love threads like this. Everyone talkin that Smack Down. I guess since I'm a Beech fan that I'm supposed to come on here and start slamming Gallatin. Well I can't, I feel that there is just to many factors in this game that ultimately could make a decision one way or the other.

Yea, Beech won there in 2000 as somebody said earlier, so it's payback time...right.

Beech has an all world player in R.J. Meadows as quoted by someone earlier.

If you look at tradition Gallatin wins by a mile with all of their State titles.

Gallatin has had far more superior athletes in the past, which went onto that next level.

I think that this is who will win.

The team that has the most heart and desire.

The team that will never say never.

The team that stays focused on their opposition to a point that they will know them inside and out.

The team that doesn't quit until they hear that final horn sound.

Both teams are going to the playoffs, so who really cares. Oh yea I forgot, there's that undefeated thing...right.

Yea, It would be so easy to get on here and start talkin that Smack. But, I don't feel that it is warrented in this game. You are going to have 2 fine teams playing each other and ultimately it is all the kids on both teams that will win regardless of the outcome. They will have memories of one of the great rivals across the state etched in their minds forever.

If I was going to pick a winner, I guess I would go with the home team. If I was bettin on Heart, it would be the BUCs. But, it won't be an easy win for either team. No matter who wins.

Good Luck to both teams!

You guys just don't get it do you?

This is a web site designed for discussion. Yet none of you want to discuss Xs and Os. Why?

I have given you guys every opportunity to support your side of the arguement and all you guys come up with is "stats don't mean a thing", or "Beech has more heart" and stuff like that. What, you guys think Gallatin has no heart? Please.

PLEASE, someone, tell us why you think Gallatin or Beexh wins this game. Pretend you're Lee Corso or something. But quit coming up with all this stuff that sounds like a

qoute from "Rudy" or "Hoosiers".

If you want that kind of stuff go watch the Lifetime channel for women.

I have to say that I am impressed with the popularity of this thread. To me, that makes this game all the more exciting. To be honest, I didn't even know that there was a thread for this match up yet until today. I think that Gallatin is going to take this game, but it is definitely going to be one heck of a game. Gallatin has been plating very well on offense for the past few weeks. As if that isn't enough, look at the defense that has prvailed in Gallatin lately. They have hardly allowed any points in their last 4 games. I don't know about you all, but that impresses me. I have been to all of the Gallatin games this season, and they have not even begun to let me down yet. I am certainly not expecting that to cahge this week either.

GO BIG GREEN!!!!! ;)

Guest BHS37075

phishhead, all right yeah youve given us all the stats and blah blah blah but you cant win a ballgame if you dont have heart and desire, anyone will tell you that. yeah you said gallatin does and i believe that, because i think every successful team does and has too. but once again in my opinion beech has more. in any sport you aint gonna win if you dont have those two things.

now im not big on the stats or whatever but I do know that everyone is second guessing beech's defense. they have showed alot and know what to do when needed. yeah the numbers show that opposing teams have scored more on beech than gallatin but as someone said earlier a W is a W and as a team you will take it at any means necessary. Beech's offense is doing good too and it has many more options than just meadows running the ball and i believe we will see that come friday

All i know is that someone is going to win fri and someone is going to lose, but i can tell you one thing everybody in blue and orange is going to be the ones cheering when the final horn sounds!! GO BUCS!!! ;)

So if I understand you correctly, then Dickson Co had more heart than Beech, right?

Because that is what you are saying wins football games, right?

Don't get me wrong. Heart, desire, work ethic, all those things are necessary. But those aren't things that can be compared in a discussion.

What do you guys want to do?

"I think Beech has more heart because they did 100 push-ups today"

"I think Gallatin has more heart because they lifted more weights than Beech did this week"

Is that what you want?

"Heart" is not something that can be measured. I don't think heart is something that either teams lack. I think everyone on here would agree on that. Heck, Lighthouse Christian probably has a lot of heart, but they haven't won a game have they?

So please, if you want to talk about football, let's go. If you want to talk about heart, go to the heart board.

Wait untill beech beats gallatin, and then plays dickson again in the playoffs. It will be a tottally diffrent story. Besides it was the first game of the season for beech, and dickson's 2nd game. Most teams greatest improvment in a season comes between week 1 and week 2, so dickson had alittle bit of an advantage. But just wait till they play in the playoffs.