Boyd Buc @ Friendship Christian

reaction

After seeing Grace Christian and Boyd s few times this year, and now FCS tonight, I think they would all three be very even with healthy rosters. Obviously, GCA lost McKamy & Boyd lost Hale, but also Hardin looked much less than 100% for Boyd tonight & when Cardwell hurt his ankle (when it was a 1 TD game), they really were down to their 4th options on offense, so the scoring was over.

I still think FCS beats them both at full speed, but the game would have been better with both teams at 100%. I was impressed with both teams hard hitting & great character they displayed during the game.

Congrats to FC on a fine game. I have read a few asking about Boyd in the 2nd half here is my take. Play calling for the Bucs was a little confusing as some has mentioned in earlier post for the 2nd half. The question y'all ask were askl in the Boyds stands. In the 2nd quarter 3rd and one at our 40 when we had been successful running to that point we throw. It did not hurt since we striped the ball on FC next possession but we drive 40 yards down to FC 20 or 15 running then have 3rd and 2 and we pass instead of running 2 plays if needed. We got a penalty with loss of down and did not score with 2:00 left in the half. Cardwell was hurt on that defense series and FC scores so instead of going to half 14-13 or at worst 20-13 it was 20-6 at half with the QB hurt Cardwell is 50% of Boyd's offense actually more since # 15 shoulder 80% Feom being injured form Onieda game. Play calling had a lot of Boyd scratching their head.

However with that said FC has a great team and deserve to win and I wish them luck next week. To all the Boyd seniors I really enjoyed watching them play since the 6th grade and will miss them next year.

Edited by buc55

Congrats to FC on a fine game. I have read a few asking about Boyd in the 2nd half here is my take. Play calling for the Bucs was a little confusing as some has mentioned in earlier post for the 2nd half. The question y'all ask were askl in the Boyds stands. In the 2nd quarter 3rd and one at our 40 when we had been successful running to that point we throw. It did not hurt since we striped the ball on FC next possession but we drive 40 yards down to FC 20 or 15 running then have 3rd and 2 and we pass instead of running 2 plays if needed. We got a penalty with loss of down and did not score with 2:00 left in the half. Cardwell was hurt on that defense series and FC scores so instead of going to half 14-13 or at worst 20-13 it was 20-6 at half with the QB hurt Cardwell is 50% of Boyd's offense actually more since # 15 shoulder 80% Feom being injured form Onieda game. Play calling had a lot of Boyd scratching their head.

However with that said FC has a great team and deserve to win and I wish them luck next week. To all the Boyd seniors I really enjoyed watching them play since the 6th grade and will miss them next year.

So I have to ask the question: Why play Cardwell on defense? Sure, he is an outstanding athlete but this is exactly my point: Had he not been hurt on D, your O would have done much, much better. And I thought the same thing about your running. You guys were averaging like 8 yards per carry. I thought, "man, if they just run every play they are going to win". Edited by TNHSfan

So I have to ask the question: Why play Cardwell on defense? Sure, he is an outstanding athlete but this is exactly my point: Had he not been hurt on D, your O would have done much, much better. And I thought the same thing about your running. You guys were averaging like 8 yards per carry. I thought, "man, if they just run every play they are going to win".

Yea buc55 just bust out the check book and order another Cardwell, it's simple :lol:

Boyd is a lot like most 1A/2A schools, you only have so many athletes and you want 'em on the field. Unfortunately they generally have to play both ways. I mean if they were to rest #1 on D and put in a less qualified player people would be asking what they're thinking when that player was consistently getting beat. Gotta put your best 11 out there and turn 'em loose. If you play afraid of gettin' hurt. . . Then why play at all.

They went head to head last year when FC was on offense and Boyd was on defense. While #55 for FC did not dominate him (see huge size difference) he did neutralize him. #78 for Boyd was a non factor on defense last year. Not sure he made a tackle.

Boyd's #78 got shoved all over the field by FC's #55.. Very little doubt who Mr. Football was in this game. Props to Boyd;s #1 for gutting it out.

By golly, Fcs spirit child was right!

Win by three touchdowns. Time to go play adamsville. Back To basketball for you Boyd!

told you! now its on to adamsville and another stomping and the commanders get consecutive gold balls. the bucs looked good and are probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the state but like i said they have a few good players and that couldnt beat a full team like fcs has.