Maryville @ Siegel TSSAA 6A Semifinals

Red Rebels

I have seen siegels backup quarterbacks twice this year .. Once when they scrimmaged brentwood academy and when they played Blackman. It's certainly not optimal for that team but I taped the BA scrimmage and reviewed the video and he looked good.. It's a big loss for them but from what I saw the backup quarterback is capable of making plays.. Siegel has a good defense and plenty of weapons still around on offense. The game is home which should help Siegel but Maryville always plays its best in big games .. Siegel is a step up from DB so I expect another good game .. But think Maryville will pull this one out in Murfreesboro . I have been very impressed wirh Siegel the two times i have seen them but without their quarterback... I just dont know if they can put together 4 quarters..i will be there with my boys and looking forward to a good game. I hear alot of people are making the trip from Nashville over ....

Siegel is much better equipped to handle the loss than Riverdale was last year. They have other weapons and can be an awesome team with just a game manager at QB. I also think their backup QBs have the ability to be more than strictly a game manager. The next biggest question is how any other injuries for Diegel progress this week. Siegel has been through a meat grinder the last few weeks.

Didn't Stockstill miss a game this year and the backups played the whole game?

The matchup I'm really interested in seeing is the Siegel defense against the Maryville offense.

TDCMan: Stock missed the Lincoln Cty game in Week 1 (only game that Siegel scored every time they had the ball all season). Dakota Crane started that game but the #2 and #3 QBs alternated every series IIRC. The two backup QBs also played a lot in second half of games, although they did more handing off or running than they did passing.

I have confidence that Coach Wyant will have his team focused and ready to play.

Edited by StarRaider

TDCMan: Stock missed the Lincoln Cty game in Week 1 (only game that Siegel scored every time they had the ball all season). Dakota Crane started that game but the #2 and #3 QBs alternated every series IIRC. The two backup QBs also played a lot in second half of games, although they did more handing off or running than they did passing.

I have confidence that Coach Wyant will have his team focused and ready to play.

Scoring every play on Linciln Co is something your JV team could do.

Stockstill injury- I am sure the 2nd or 3rd string in your eyes look good but you are missing a few important details here

1. Playing a Defense like Maryville that does not make mistakes

2. Stockstill is a Mr football finalist for a reason -

If I'm down 4 pts with under 2 to play he is one of the top 5 in state I want

Make no mistakes Siegal is a very good all around team and I'm rooting for you .....