Maryville @ Siegel TSSAA 6A Semifinals

Red Rebels

Ok, Besides the T$$AA makind a money grab.. Can someone tell me why Maryville has to travel to Seigal? Why dont the higher seeds host the first or even first two playoff games, then have some pre-determined sites for the two schools to play at? Theres no way that these two teams should be hosting a game at this point. Its a severe dissadvantage for a team to travel all the way to the host school. Why not meet in the Middle somewhere and have both teams travel SOME? Just doesnt seem fair to me. Am I wrong?

Are you kidding me, Rutherford county fans have traveled to your place twice in the past 3 years and met in cookeville for the 10 state championship

And the rule is if there is a #1 seed in middle on even years east will travel to middle and in odd years middle will travel east that's why riverdale traveled to maryville 09 and 11

And you wanna talk fair for making 1 road trip, most teams in Rutherford county have to play games out of state and schools on the other side of the state during the season because of the new Tssaa playoff system and teams not wanting to play because they try to schedule wins

Riverdale, Brighton high school west tn Memphis area, Ballard high school Louisville ky

Blackman, signal mountain and Bradley central Chattanooga area

Smyrna, olive branch high school Mississippi

Oakland, Arlington high school west tn, Memphis area

Siegel, ooltewah high school Chattanooga area

This isn't counting playoff games traveling to maryville, white haven, ooltewah over the past few years

Nope , more like Brandon Fanney begging his Coach to let him go all WWF on Big John in the pouring rain underneath the Goal Post !! lol

All I remember hearing was BUT COACH , HE'S TALKING _____ , HE'S TALKING _____!!!!

Ya SweetScience got broken in right sitting with us for the First time , getting to sit beside Big John ! :mrgreen:

LOL yes, i did. FEAR THE SPEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me, Rutherford county fans have traveled to your place twice in the past 3 years and met in cookeville for the 10 state championship

And the rule is if there is a #1 seed in middle on even years east will travel to middle and in odd years middle will travel east that's why riverdale traveled to maryville 09 and 11

And you wanna talk fair for making 1 road trip, most teams in Rutherford county have to play games out of state and schools on the other side of the state during the season because of the new Tssaa playoff system and teams not wanting to play because they try to schedule wins

Riverdale, Brighton high school west tn Memphis area, Ballard high school Louisville ky

Blackman, signal mountain and Bradley central Chattanooga area

Smyrna, olive branch high school Mississippi

Oakland, Arlington high school west tn, Memphis area

Siegel, ooltewah high school Chattanooga area

This isn't counting playoff games traveling to maryville, white haven, ooltewah over the past few years

OK, calm down a second DAWG. First of all, im not a Maryville fan in the traditional sense.Im a fan of there program, school, and coomunity. I wish more towns were like them. I res[ect the Tradition.

Now if all thats true about years past and the travel involved, and I have no reason to think its not, and u seem knowledgable enough about it to me. Thats not right either.. I mean when 2 teams are 13-0 neither should have to go to the others place, a nuetral site is the way to go. Thats all I was getting at. Not just these two schools, all schools and classes at this point. Im sorry your teeam had to travel to Maryville( the place where season go to die), it wasnt right IMO.

The Siegel QB's status for next Friday’s Class 6A semifinal has not yet been decided. It is possible he could wear a brace and play a limited role when the second-ranked Stars (13-0) host top-ranked Maryville (13-0) at 7 p.m. at Ken Nolan Stadium.

That was from the paper. Later they said he was going to see a doc Monday.

I think the young man is done and will not be able to play. In this way Siegel can keep Maryville guessing about which QB is going to play. Don't blame them, that's good coaching.

The replacement is one of Siegle's starting running backs.

I don't think keeping Maryville guessing is the plan. This is not a tebow situation, where you can change your whole offense to fit one guy. Siegel will have to run what they have been running all year, and without Brent Stockstill it want be as effective. Their number one receiver is also playing on a bad leg, so he is only about 65-70 %. They do have a stable of running backs, so i would say game plan may move more to a running game.

Edited by daisyssister

I don't think keeping Maryville guessing is the plan. This is not a tebow situation, where you can change your whole offense to fit one guy. Siegel will have to run what they have been running all year, and without Brent Stockstill it want be as effective. Their number one receiver is also playing on a bad leg, so he is only about 65-70 %. They do have a stable of running backs, so i would say game plan may move more to a running game.

I agree it is not the plan, was just saying not making the D1 QB's condition known is a good plan. Especially when it comes to watching film & preparing for his strong points.

In the big games, everything is an advantage or disadvantage. Any quality coach uses what situations come his way to gain advantage for his team. Injury is an unfortunate part of the game.

.. I mean when 2 teams are 13-0 neither should have to go to the others place, a nuetral site is the way to go. Thats all I was getting at. Not just these two schools, all schools and classes at this point. Im sorry your teeam had to travel to Maryville( the place where season go to die), it wasnt right IMO.

I'm a Maryville fan/native who spent a few years in OK so I am familiar with the OSSAA playoff system.

In OK the semifinals are at a neutral site. This year in 6A both are in the Tulsa Metro area and 3 of the 4 teams are from NE OK. Owasso vs. Norman North @ Union High School and Jenks vs. Union @ Broken Arrow High School.

This is probably the wrong thread for all of this.