Maryville @ Siegel TSSAA 6A Semifinals

Red Rebels

I was reading through the posts and I agree with you. Shoulda ran on third down and punted on fourth down. Even a punt from shotgun formation that is a line drive there would have gone about 25 yards. Make a team go 90 yards there with 1 time out instead of 65 with two.

Still would have left MHS with too much time - trust me those 25 yds extra did not matter in this game at all to MHS, they were picking up big chunks all game- fact would like to see average yd per playfor both teams here...

I STILL THINK you all are missing the real thing as were stuck on passing it on 3rd down - SHS on the first two plays , rushing attempts were too conservative with MHS loading the box expecting the run...

they were having luck all night with the pass and short screen......

Still would have left MHS with too much time - trust me those 25 yds extra did not matter in this game at all to MHS, they were picking up big chunks all game- fact would like to see average yd per playfor both teams here...

I STILL THINK you all are missing the real thing as were stuck on passing it on 3rd down - SHS on the first two plays , rushing attempts were too conservative with MHS loading the box expecting the run...

they were having luck all night with the pass and short screen......

I agree with this. Probably should have thrown one short pass there. On first down you could run a play action and hit a receiver for that first down, or maybe even a touchdown. Maryville then has to respect that pass, even if you don't complete that short pass, late in the game and that lightens up the box for the run. Then Siegel could have ran it 3 straight times to try to get a first down. Still, the Siegel coach made a lot of outstanding calls and has a very creative offense. Probably a very fun team to watch all year long.

I agree with this. Probably should have thrown one short pass there. On first down you could run a play action and hit a receiver for that first down, or maybe even a touchdown. Maryville then has to respect that pass, even if you don't complete that short pass, late in the game and that lightens up the box for the run. Then Siegel could have ran it 3 straight times to try to get a first down. Still, the Siegel coach made a lot of outstanding calls and has a very creative offense. Probably a very fun team to watch all year long.

CONGRATS TO MARYVILLE VERY GOOD GAME WATCHED IT ALL BUT MARYVILLE JUST WILLS THERE WAY TO WIN - BRING HOME ANOTHER GOLD BALL GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

When you get one play to put Maryville away, you take it. I don't fault Siegel's coaches for a second -- good play call, unfortunate result for the Stars. If you punt and the ball goes into the end zone, you only gain 17 yards. You have to go for it.

Edited by WesVLT

So glad to hear that Quadrant I beat 7AAA. Congrats to all the Marville rebels and fans. This Dobyns-Bennett had plans to join you in cheering the Rebels on to another victory, but our family Thanksgiving dinner ran over here in Murfreesboro. I was coming in Indian regalia so you guys could recognize. Maybeit's good I didn't make it.....don't think I would have had a voice by the end. Counting on you to beat Whitehaven for another Gold Ball and so I can say my Indians season was ended by the 3 peating state champions -Maryville Rebels.

So glad to hear that Quadrant I beat 7AAA. Congrats to all the Marville rebels and fans. This Dobyns-Bennett had plans to join you in cheering the Rebels on to another victory, but our family Thanksgiving dinner ran over here in Murfreesboro. I was coming in Indian regalia so you guys could recognize. Maybeit's good I didn't make it.....don't think I would have had a voice by the end. Counting on you to beat Whitehaven for another Gold Ball and so I can say my Indians season was ended by the 3 peating state champions -Maryville Rebels.

just dont get your " Counting on you to beat Whitehaven for another Gold Ball and so I can say my Indians season was ended by the 3 peating state champions -Maryville Rebels"

So you got beat 3 years in a row by the gold ball champs- do want a trophy perhaps some milk and cookies for that task?

look Maryville is a great team and you lost to a great team , but that is not something to be proud of ( losing to them every year )

you season would have ended if you played Seigal

Siegel Nation , Great team , great place and great game. Hats off to you guys , respect you have it. I hope that Stockstill recovers from his injury and has much success where ever he goes. Interesting to see your students before kick off , it is not hard to see why you have come so far so fast. Good luck next season maybe we'll meet again. GO REBELS!!!!!!

Without a doubt one of the most exciting High School football games I've ever been to . So many twists and turns and ups and downs , it was one huge Rollercoaster Ride all night long !! Siegel has a Great team , one of the best teams that Maryville has ever beat in my mind . I'm very glad Stockstill was able to play , and Oh boy did he play . He wasn't a one man rodeo though , Siegel had several impressive Skill players , lots of speed , and lots of Size . A game like this you really hate to see one team have to lose , but Siegel has nothing to hang their heads about , they laid it all on the field .

I'm very proud of them Maryville Rebels too , they faced a ton of adversity tonight , got knocked down a few times , but came up swinging every time ! Our Offense was tough as nails and Nick , Shuler , Prevo , Carrol & Kimble just kept making clutch play after clutch PLAY . I thought that Kimble may have had his best game as a Rebel , he took a few hard shots but he came up huge in the clutch .

I know that some will say our Defense didn't play good since they gave up 43 points , but I saw a group of men that started out with one Starter down , and then another went down when Dylan Shinsky got hurt ( Prayers for Dylan and his family , hope he's alright ) , and yes they gave up some plays , but when the game was on the line , and our team needed them the most , they made the plays that it took to win the game . It would be hard enough to beat a lot of teams when you lose 2 starting linebackers , but when you're playing a team like Siegel with the explosive Firepower they have on Offense , well that's a huge task to take on ... but these young men did just that , and I for one am very proud of how hard that Defense did fight tonight !!

I saw several similarities in our 2 teams tonight , and that's not a bad thing at all I think , Siegel was a very Classy team and I have a lot of respect for you guys , job well done !

Edited by pepvol