Maryville @ Siegel TSSAA 6A Semifinals

Red Rebels

just dont get your " Counting on you to beat Whitehaven for another Gold Ball and so I can say my Indians season was ended by the 3 peating state champions -Maryville Rebels"

So you got beat 3 years in a row by the gold ball champs- do want a trophy perhaps some milk and cookies for that task?

look Maryville is a great team and you lost to a great team , but that is not something to be proud of ( losing to them every year )

you season would have ended if you played Seigal

Ya it's almost as hilarious as some guys wanting a trophy and milk and cookies for the best district !! lol

If Maryville and Siegel traded districts , they both would still be the dominant team ... Yet for some reason there's a bunch of guys not happy with that , they want to think all their teams are better .... hmmm

Without a doubt one of the most exciting High School football games I've ever been to . So many twists and turns and ups and downs , it was one huge Rollercoaster Ride all night long !! Siegel has a Great team , one of the best teams that Maryville has ever beat in my mind . I'm very glad Stockstill was able to play , and Oh boy did he play . He wasn't a one man rodeo though , Siegel had several impressive Skill players , lots of speed , and lots of Size . A game like this you really hate to see one team have to lose , but Siegel has nothing to hang their heads about , they laid it all on the field .

I'm very proud of them Maryville Rebels too , they faced a ton of adversity tonight , got knocked down a few times , but came up swinging every time ! Our Offense was tough as nails and Nick , Shuler , Prevo , Carrol & Kimble just kept making clutch play after clutch PLAY . I thought that Kimble may have had his best game as a Rebel , he took a few hard shots but he came up huge in the clutch .

I know that some will say our Defense didn't play good since they gave up 43 points , but I saw a group of men that started out with one Starter down , and then another went down when Dylan Shinsky got hurt ( Prayers for Dylan and his family , hope he's alright ) , and yes they gave up some plays , but when the game was on the line , and our team needed them the most , they made the plays that it took to win the game . It would be hard enough to beat a lot of teams when you lose 2 starting linebackers , but when you're playing a team like Siegel with the explosive Firepower they have on Offense , well that's a huge task to take on ... but these young men did just that , and I for one am very proud of how hard that Defense did fight tonight !!

I saw several similarities in our 2 teams tonight , and that's not a bad thing at all I think , Siegel was a very Classy team and I have a lot of respect for you guys , job well done !

Ya won , no need for the excuse you commented "I know alot of people said we were bad on defense giving up 43 points but we were down a starter and lost another "

Look peephole Seigal fans can counter you saying ya Stocks passed for almost 400 yds but he couldn't run at all due to his injury.....

Disagree on punting. A first down and the game is over. I think they wanted the ball in their hands and didn't want to give it back to them if they didn't have to.

They have gone for it on 4th down all season. Ball was at the Maryville 37.

When you get one play to put Maryville away, you take it. I don't fault Siegel's coaches for a second -- good play call, unfortunate result for the Stars. If you punt and the ball goes into the end zone, you only gain 17 yards. You have to go for it.

You say that, but you have 2 options when that drive started.

A) Go with what got you there and run your offense, play ahead of the chains and get some first downs to run out the clock, or...

B )Run the ball three times, exhaust all of Murvils time outs and leave them with, at minimum, 80 yards to drive the ball with +- a minute on the clock.

It reminded me of when Carmen Ronzonni (of the second Bad News Bears movie) got caught between his Warren Spahn and his Catfish Hunter wind-up..Siegel started with one plan and then seemed to change their mind.

If it was not the worst two play calls, then I will submit to you that it was, indeed, the worst four.

Pick a plan, go with it, and let the chips fall.

You just saw the "Maryville Mystique" first hand.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge

Siegel Nation , Great team , great place and great game. Hats off to you guys , respect you have it. I hope that Stockstill recovers from his injury and has much success where ever he goes. Interesting to see your students before kick off , it is not hard to see why you have come so far so fast. Good luck next season maybe we'll meet again. GO REBELS!!!!!!

A game for the ages, no quarter asked, no quarter given. Siegel settling for a field goal at the end of the 1st and Maryville stealing a possession on the 2nd half kickoff kept the game close enough for the Rebels to win at the end, even with the Stars getting two picks and no turnovers that I recall. Thanks to the Siegel players and coaches for a fantastic ride this fall and good luck to Maryville next week. Maryville fans are awesome, what a great atmosphere last night from both sides.

It would be great if the two teams could hook up for a regular season home and home the next couple of years.

Edited by StarRaider

Ya won , no need for the excuse you commented "I know alot of people said we were bad on defense giving up 43 points but we were down a starter and lost another "

Look peephole Seigal fans can counter you saying ya Stocks passed for almost 400 yds but he couldn't run at all due to his injury.....

If i am not mistaken you have used your QB excuse all week including after the game. He was simply praising our kidd for battling back from adversity. Drop the over sensitivity. Siegel has a good team and he acknowledged that. Will be interesting to see if they put out this type product every year. At the end of the day just another loss for your vaunted district. With the game on the line the Siegel players and coaches both seemed to panic.

If i am not mistaken you have used your QB excuse all week including after the game. He was simply praising our kidd for battling back from adversity. Drop the over sensitivity. Siegel has a good team and he acknowledged that. Will be interesting to see if they put out this type product every year. At the end of the day just another loss for your vaunted district. With the game on the line the Siegel players and coaches both seemed to panic.

Excuse the kid had an ACL -

No your boy came up with the defense looked bad cause they were missing two starters.....

Panic? Nice - good way to put a tough loss on some 16-17 year old kids as a group whom panicked !!!!!

Slap it on the coach , but not the kids .....

Those kids slapped your boys on defense and the high and mighty Merryville around last nite .....for record Seigal not my team, not my district

PHargis, I stand corrected thinking your QB wasn't going to be able to play, what a leader, captain, Mr. Football and one of the gutsiest players I have seen in a very long time. I will Follow this Boy and his career. It was a great game and Siegel has earned major respect. Great job to two great programs. One of the best games I have ever watched.

congrats Maryville.

agreed on the excuses.....however there could be the one of " siegel had never gone this far into a game with the outcome in doubt. I think the pressure of being in that situation, by the coaches and players may have been the deciding point

Wow, what a game! These two programs executed so well for 4quarters. You have to look pretty critically to find any fault in this game. No need for any excuses or blame from either team. It could easily be Maryville fans trying to figure out how we lost this one. This game was not about a 4th down decision, turn overs, an ACL, or missing linebackers. It was about two teams playing their hardest to try to find a way to win. Maryville came out on top last night, but could have easily been a SHS victory. Never been prouder of the Rebels. Ton of respect to the Siegel program. Looking forward to seeing Stockstill in the future. Best of luck to him and Shinsky on their recovery.

No need to nitpick that game. Was fun to watch two evenly matched teams ( offense and defense) go at it. It's always easy to question in hindsight something that did not work out but we never question the decisions that do. Q went for a couple of huge 4th down plays that panned out and I thought the onside kick at the beginning of the second half was genius. No one play decided the game but there were big plays in critical moments on both sides.