Maryville @ Siegel TSSAA 6A Semifinals

Red Rebels

RayDurr looks two me like tha Stars iz inn good hands....Yee jist remount and relode....Stockstill iz vurry impressive.....Grait vee-loss-city on tha bawl and he's vurry ack-que-ritt two....and othur good lookin' athleets wif a lott ov kids playin' which iz always good.... :thumb:

Thanks Cousin S-N-B and to all the other posters, x2 on PHargis comments.

What do you all think about having a regular season home and home between Maryville and Siegel? You guys probably have a ton of natural rivals but I think it would be great for Siegel to have a chance to play at your palatial football facility. They took the team to Ooltewah this year and Maryville is not too much farther away.

I wouldn't mind UT getting Stockstill. I heard Texas Tech offered. Siegal had one of the best teams I ever seen Maryville beat. Siegal was by far the best team Maryville played so far. Siegal had one of the best offensive teams I ever seen. Huge accomplishment for Maryville to beat Siegal.

REBELRON:

It pains me to say this but I think that UT will be fortunate to get ANYBODY worth recruiting whether it's in-state or out-of-state talent. The coaching situation at UT is a abysmal to say the least and it doesn't look good for the future. UT is a VERY VERY difficult job that most coaches aren't going to touch with a ten foot pole, and I don't blame them. It use to be that UT could recruit South Carolina, North Carolina, Kentucky, as well as grabbing some talent out of Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi. UT was already having to recruit California, Texas, and Ohio to supplement the players they got from the SE part of the country. Now ... UT can't get the best from South Carolina nor North Carolina. UT can't even get the best from Tennessee any more because Vanderbilt has built a fence around Nashville and they've made deep in-roads into Memphis (Not to mention the yearly cherry picking that Bama, LSU and Georgia do in Memphis). The current staff at the University of Memphis looks to be improving the culture there as well. Ole Miss and Mississippi State have made recruiting Mississippi difficult.

Honestly, the UT job is a coach killer and if I'm a coach with a reputation i'm not coming anywhere near the UT job without CONSIDERABLE compensation. The only coaches that UT are going to be ale to get are the Dooley's of the world. Granted, there are some up and coming coaches in the lower ranks that are good, but you are rolling the dice with them being able to handle the rigors of the SEC PLUS the rabid fan base of the UT faithful. Personally, I don't see UT pulling up out of this downward spiral for a long time unless they open up the treasure trove and pay 'Nick Saban' type money to an established winning coach. Until they do that it will be more of the same. I see UT firing the current AD in the near future if the next one (Head football coach) doesn't pan out. This could get REALLY ugly before it gets better.

Edited by kwc

First and foremost, Congratulations Maryville. :thumb:

Second, Congratulations Siegel on a GREAT year.

Third prayers going out for Dylan Shinsky. How is his leg?

Fourth I am sorry I missed this one as it sounds like it was worth more than the price of the admission ticket.

Fifth, while we do not seem to beat Maryville, y'all did notice the road to the Championship always seems to run thru this district.

Thainks LOD and RayDurr....Eye understand Dylan will haiv surge-ree sune two fix hiz brokin bone.....

And RebullRon iz rite...Eye tawlked two sumone yisterdee hoo sed Stockstill wuz tha best QB att Ewe Tea's caimp...Butt thay thawt he wuz two short.....Welp inn thait case eye thaink Bray iz two tall......Beeleeve me Stockstill iz tha reel deel!!

Thainks LOD and RayDurr....Eye understand Dylan will haiv surge-ree sune two fix hiz brokin bone.....

And RebullRon iz rite...Eye tawlked two sumone yisterdee hoo sed Stockstill wuz tha best QB att Ewe Tea's caimp...Butt thay thawt he wuz two short.....Welp inn thait case eye thaink Bray iz two tall......Beeleeve me Stockstill iz tha reel deel!!

Geez and that's even with Jim Chaney sitting over there who Coached Drew Brees .... If they think Stockstill is too short , then I think everyone over at UT is SHORTSIGHTED !!

First and foremost, Congratulations Maryville. :thumb:

Second, Congratulations Siegel on a GREAT year.

Third prayers going out for Dylan Shinsky. How is his leg?

Fourth I am sorry I missed this one as it sounds like it was worth more than the price of the admission ticket.

Fifth, while we do not seem to beat Maryville, y'all did notice the road to the Championship always seems to run thru this district.

LOD I started to address this very issue on Saturday. If district 7AAA couldn't beat Maryville Friday night with the team Siegal put on the field then I'm not sure how 7AAA ever gets past them. Not to mention every other year we will have to go there if the number one seed survives. Combine that with the county continuing to grow and opening more high schools its very clear that the talent pool is being diluted to the point that it can't overcome the coaching limitations. If you left Seigal Friday night and drove west 9 mi. you would be at Blackman. Go east 5 miles and your at Oakland or south 9 miles and your at Riverdale. That's a lot of kids going a lot of different directions. Not to mention the recruiting that goes on. I don't know man, it's gonna be a tough row to hoe. :popcorneater:

REBELRON:

It pains me to say this but I think that UT will be fortunate to get ANYBODY worth recruiting whether it's in-state or out-of-state talent. The coaching situation at UT is a abysmal to say the least and it doesn't look good for the future. UT is a VERY VERY difficult job that most coaches aren't going to touch with a ten foot pole, and I don't blame them. It use to be that UT could recruit South Carolina, North Carolina, Kentucky, as well as grabbing some talent out of Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi. UT was already having to recruit California, Texas, and Ohio to supplement the players they got from the SE part of the country. Now ... UT can't get the best from South Carolina nor North Carolina. UT can't even get the best from Tennessee any more because Vanderbilt has built a fence around Nashville and they've made deep in-roads into Memphis (Not to mention the yearly cherry picking that Bama, LSU and Georgia do in Memphis). The current staff at the University of Memphis looks to be improving the culture there as well. Ole Miss and Mississippi State have made recruiting Mississippi difficult.

Honestly, the UT job is a coach killer and if I'm a coach with a reputation i'm not coming anywhere near the UT job without CONSIDERABLE compensation. The only coaches that UT are going to be ale to get are the Dooley's of the world. Granted, there are some up and coming coaches in the lower ranks that are good, but you are rolling the dice with them being able to handle the rigors of the SEC PLUS the rabid fan base of the UT faithful. Personally, I don't see UT pulling up out of this downward spiral for a long time unless they open up the treasure trove and pay 'Nick Saban' type money to an established winning coach. Until they do that it will be more of the same. I see UT firing the current AD in the near future if the next one (Head football coach) doesn't pan out. This could get REALLY ugly before it gets better.

I think UT will come back bigtime if they get a coach like Jon Gruden,Charlie Strong or Bob Stoops.