Maryville @ Siegel TSSAA 6A Semifinals

Red Rebels

They should have had us. Not sure how we pulled that one out. Just an outstanding effort and good game by both of those teams.

No problem... it was hard to keep up with the action. haha

Good game / your thoughts when SHS have ball with 2:45, they did 2 straight run plays - was that to conservative?

As they did pass on 3rd and 7 and went for it on 4th to fail...

Ya know way MHS was driving all game they would score and they did

Good game / your thoughts when SHS have ball with 2:45, they did 2 straight run plays - was that to conservative?

As they did pass on 3rd and 7 and went for it on 4th to fail...

Ya know way MHS was driving all game they would score and they did

I am not sure that it was too conservative. Maybe could have used that option out of the pistol in order to shake it up. That play gave Maryville trouble and could have been a good running option to give Siegel some yards late. However, I don't think it was bad to run the ball there. Run some clock knowing you have 4 downs to get one first down. Still, your quarterback has been playing his heart out so it might have been best to let him throw some short passes on first and second to get ahead of the chains.

why did Siegel pass on 3rd down and then go for it on 4th? they should have been taking time off the clock or forcing MHS to burn their timeouts. punt on 4th down would have at least had MHS on the 20 instead of the 40. poor coaching by SHS. they had this game.

A first down there ends the game. They were going for the first down. I agree that they could have planned for 4th down territory, but I honestly don't think they thought that they would really be stopped. I don't blame them considering that they hadn't punted but once all game. You can question the coaching there, but I don't think it is that bad really. Take a risk and put the game in the hands of your offense that has already gashed Marvyille for almost 500 yards of total offense.