BIG 7 CONFERENCE 2013

ArtVandalay

Coach Clark has finalized the Indians non-conference schedule for 2013. 4 Games - 2 vs 6A opponents Farragut and Sevier County - both at home - 2 vs 5A opponents - East Hamilton and Ooltewah - both on the road...long road trips and the Tribe Fans will travel well. Ooltewah is a 2 year home and away series.

East Hamilton is will be in their 5th year of being a school - started out 4A and the Hurricanes move up to 5A next season. They are building a good program with 1 win in year '09, 2 wins in '10, 6 wins in '11 and going 11-2 this season with a close Quarter Finals loss to Giles County 22-16 just last week.

All opponents should help the Indians with their Playoff Standings, as all 4 will more than likely have an above .500 record in 2013. Clinton killed DB's rating the past 2 years. Both will also give the Indians much better games than the teams they replace, Clinton and South.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Clark has finalized the Indians non-conference schedule for 2013. 4 Games - 2 vs 6A opponents Farragut and Sevier County - both at home - 2 vs 5A opponents - East Hamilton and Ooltewah - both on the road...long road trips and the Tribe Fans will travel well. Ooltewah is a 2 year home and away series.

East Hamilton is will be in their 5th year of being a school - started out 4A and the Hurricanes move up to 5A next season. They are building a good program with 1 win in year '09, 2 wins in '10, 6 wins in '11 and going 11-2 this season with a close Quarter Finals loss to Giles County 22-16 just last week.

All opponents should help the Indians with their Playoff Standings, as all 4 will more than likely have an above .500 record in 2013. Clinton killed DB's rating the past 2 years. Both will also give the Indians much better games than the teams they replace, Clinton and South.

Roll Tribe Roll

Good points Art except you might be spoiled by these 10-0 seasons lately. Next year COULD BE like a few years ago when you lose 3 games in the regular season. If that happens some fans are going to complain about over scheduling. Those strength of schedules for opponents won't matter if you're being seeded 5 thru 8 and going on the road for a 1st round playoff game.

Good points Art except you might be spoiled by these 10-0 seasons lately. Next year COULD BE like a few years ago when you lose 3 games in the regular season. If that happens some fans are going to complain about over scheduling. Those strength of schedules for opponents won't matter if you're being seeded 5 thru 8 and going on the road for a 1st round playoff game.

True Crawdad.... but I do not see the Indians coming close to 3 losses next season.

If DB had 100 players on the sidelines again...25 of them would be 115-130 pounders who would never play and would only slow down practice...that's what the Indians had when they had players lined up from the 20 yard line to the other 20 yard line. Clark reduced the number of players intentionally to maximize practice for the players that play...and I for one applaud that with a standing ovation. You don't see the band with 25 kids playing kazoo's

Excitement in the fottball program? If you don't think there is excitement in DB Football, you don't watch DB Football. Why do you think Mailk Foreman's Soph. brother has decided to play football next year? Excitement in DB Football is the answer. And, he is going to be really good.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

True Crawdad.... but I do not see the Indians coming close to 3 losses next season.

If DB had 100 players on the sidelines again...25 of them would be 115-130 pounders who would never play and would only slow down practice...that's what the Indians had when they had players lined up from the 20 yard line to the other 20 yard line. Clark reduced the number of players intentionally to maximize practice for the players that play...and I for one applaud that with a standing ovation. You don't see the band with 25 kids playing kazoo's

Excitement in the fottball program? If you don't think there is excitement in DB Football, you don't watch DB Football. Why do you think Mailk Foreman's Soph. brother has decided to play football next year? Excitement in DB Football is the answer. And, he is going to be really good.

Roll Tribe Roll

I remember when they had 140 come out for that january "spring practice".Those that really didn't have the heart for it,left pretty fast.I'd love for every kid to be a football player that went out and they had two or three deep like that.Then sixty kids would be more then enough on the team.I agree that having sixty or seventy extra kids that are not players doesn't help you win games.DB needs to get all the players out for football !!

Roll Tribe Roll

I don't know what ideal numbers would be. I'd think somewhere around 80 would be good for a 6A title contender. One thing I would predict for D-B football is an upward trend in numbers and quality of "2 deep" players. With the recent annexation of Colonial Heights, a few good players are going to leak out of there every year and that number is going to bulid as the years pass. South will trend downward to 3A in 5 years and 2A in 10, if it even stays open. The Charger program has always turned out a hand full of good players each year. The really good ones may opt for the limelight now that Mom and Dad are already paying those taxes.

Our young kids don't get excited about DB football. That's why we lose some to other schools. The two Thompson kids at North were suppose to be Indians. I don't think they would have started offense but could have made a difference on defense. Need to get some excitement in the youth programs and teach what we do. Didn't get to see the freshman this year. Anybody know what's coming up the pipe. ROLL TRIBE

Long range,I seen all the kids in both middle schools this year.You never know from that age until they are ready for the big time,whats going to happen.I don't know if we will see speed like Foreman's for the next 10 years but then again,how many teams still playing have a kid that fast.I watched the JV but can't remember if I seen the freshman or not,I hope that's a good thing and they are loaded.It's hard to ever judge from a jv game,but I hope they were just off on the game I seen.

I don't know what ideal numbers would be. I'd think somewhere around 80 would be good for a 6A title contender. One thing I would predict for D-B football is an upward trend in numbers and quality of "2 deep" players. With the recent annexation of Colonial Heights, a few good players are going to leak out of there every year and that number is going to bulid as the years pass. South will trend downward to 3A in 5 years and 2A in 10, if it even stays open. The Charger program has always turned out a hand full of good players each year. The really good ones may opt for the limelight now that Mom and Dad are already paying those taxes.

I would like to go ahead and pencil in about 10-15 players the size of Josh Holt or Will Galasscock....if DB could have that, we would be Maryville with a Tripple Option Offense and more speed. Please tell those players to enroll in school asap. And, I guess in time that will happen.

Roll Tribe Roll

You started out just fine.However,he was not the only DB fan that thought that would be a close game.In the end you just lost total consciousness

I think all you guys are alright if you want to know the truth ... You guys have a lot of Passion for your team , If you didn't your team would not be anywhere close as successful as you are or have been in the past . Waco , whether you guys like it or not, is a lot of people's favorite poster , he does have a good sense of humor and at times from the outside looking in it looks like he may have a more objective opinion than most of you guys , why does that make him a bad guy ? We all say things on here at one time or another that we regret , but at this time of year when we are giving Thanks for everything in our lives , maybe it's time to look past our little petty differences and be thankful for everything that we do have . I wish all you guys well , and hope you have a Great thanksgiving , yes to DB91 & Art also , nothing wrong with loving your team , and the School that you grew up in , Maryville and Kingsport are both lucky to have something such as High school Football that ties the Community together . I hope we get to do this every year ... Maryville & DB ... and whichever team wins , goes and wins it all for East TN !!