Beech at North Side-Semifinals

olddevil

north side has the defense to win this game...should be the best D Beech has seen this season...and yes of course...hurd will be the best player north side has seen as well

taking north side...

I think I agree with your conclusion but not the rationale.

Beech's defense has holes against moderately good offenses. Northside may be the team that has too much to throw (literally) against them.

That said though, if Hurd plays defense, and is half the player there he is offensively, I just don't know. He looks to me like a one man, game changing delegation.

Probably the most interesting game in state all year, even counting subsequent playoff games.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon me.

Would you mind, Mr. cubs, more clearly writing the question? I have a bit of trouble with your dialect.

Better?

Actually, had you put it this way the 1st time this would be ok, but after the fact its as if you are being even more of a smart **s, I didnt see the issue w/ the 1st 1 personally.....lol

north side has the defense to win this game...should be the best D Beech has seen this season...and yes of course...hurd will be the best player north side has seen as well

taking north side...

I disagree , NS will be able to score but after seeing their defense in action, J.Hurd is going to have a freaking field day. I think Beech wins in a shoot out for the 2nd week in a row.....

Edited by Kevin38

I disagree , NS will be able to score but after seeing their defense in action, J.Hurd is going to have a freaking field day. I think Beech wins in a shoot out for the 2nd week in a row.....

Is Hurd fully healthy or do you know? If he is, I thought it odd he didn't play defensively against Northeast (-west, -side, pole, whatever) in such a tight and important game.

Edited by FactsOnly

Is Hurd fully healthy or do you know? If he is, I thought it odd he didn't play defensively against Northeast (-west, -side, pole, whatever) in such a tight and important game.

Hurd, like Reeves-Maybin (and apparently now Stockstill) are playing with injuries that they will have to address post season. As to why Hurd wasn't used on defense last week? Im not sure about that one, but he was put in on defense when it mattered (thankfully). As for this week, North Side runs a prostyle offense with many receivers and they have a lot of speed. Expect Hurd to be posted up in the middle of the field looking to make heads roll. This a great team that we're facing this week, but I do feel confident in our coaches and our defense's ability to adjust.

From what I have gathered, he is injured but still very effective on offense and they have been holding him out on defense in an attempt to keep him from further injuring himself.....

From what I have gathered, he is injured but still very effective on offense and they have been holding him out on defense in an attempt to keep him from further injuring himself.....

Well if that is true, both offenses will have fields day, points will be raining out of the sky, eventually, this is what the game will come down to. Which defense will get more stops, what fans will show up the most, who has the best momentu. and Last but not least, WHERE WILL THE REFS COME FROM?

Well if that is true, both offenses will have fields day, points will be raining out of the sky, eventually, this is what the game will come down to. Which defense will get more stops, what fans will show up the most, who has the best momentu. and Last but not least, WHERE WILL THE REFS COME FROM?

The decision regarding which officials will work a game is determined before the year starts and rotates depending on which schools make the playoffs. While very complicated, the basic principle is that officials from a particular grand division will not officiate a game where a team from that grand division resides (this only applies to semifinal and final games). For example, if Maryville played Columbia, then the officiating crew would be from West Tennessee. This eliminates any suggestion of bias or misdoing. In the case of Beech vs Northside however, the officials will come from Hendersonville because such suggestions have already started.

The decision regarding which officials will work a game is determined before the year starts and rotates depending on which schools make the playoffs. While very complicated, the basic principle is that officials from a particular grand division will not officiate a game where a team from that grand division resides (this only applies to semifinal and final games). For example, if Maryville played Columbia, then the officiating crew would be from West Tennessee. This eliminates any suggestion of bias or misdoing. In the case of Beech vs Northside however, the officials will come from Hendersonville because such suggestions have already started.

Why Hendersonville and not East Tennessee?