Another Coaching Change @ CLINTON?

92Dragon

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one understands what you are saying bounder.

Clinton High & Middle are part of Anderson County school system. Only the 3 elementary schools are city schools. Oak Ridge is completely seperate all of their schools are Oak Ridge City schools.

Norwood is in a strange location, some of those kids live in Oliver Springs & very few live in the Clinton zone, so they only a few go to Clinton.

No one understands what you are saying bounder.

Clinton High & Middle are part of Anderson County school system. Only the 3 elementary schools are city schools. Oak Ridge is completely seperate all of their schools are Oak Ridge City schools.

Norwood is in a strange location, some of those kids live in Oliver Springs & very few live in the Clinton zone, so they only a few go to Clinton.

Correct.

Oliver Springs has an application process with kids that fall just outside city limits. That process depends on the numbers and if the kids are any good. :rolleyes:

On a note about Josh returning. The team made improvement this year, no one can deny that. This is the first year that he has been able to teach at CHS, so he is just now able to recruit the halls. This should payoff with numbers in the spring. The middle school is hiring a new coach, and hopefully this one wont be working on the AC campus like the last one. Clinton lost a lot of kids to Grace and AC, but times might be changing.

Edited by DyronNix

My 2 cents! Nothing against Coach Kerr but they are just putting off the inevitable. Josh got the job because of politics and went into the Clinton job without a fair chance. He and his Dad are the faces of Anderson County Mavs football to all Clinton Dragons. The people that have been around Clinton for years don't care for him(or his dad) because of this. Truthfully, i dont think he has done anything to make many friends in the community either. He also came into the job with one year as a head coach and now has like 4 wins in 3 years as a head coach. He may be a great guy and a great coach but he is not a head coach. Clinton lost a lot of talent this year and will have less talent next year than this year. Kids are already talking about jumping ship if Kerr sticks around. They may not be able to physically transfer, but they might as well leave. There is some talent coming up from middle school but they will probably attend another school because of Kerr and Clinton's program. Think about this, There are 2 future Division one football players that attended CHS that now attend other schools because of Coach Kerr and program. Another former Clinton middle player is starting for Powell and is still playing in semi finals this week. Find a coach that will keep the players home! They need a coach that will be involved in youth programs, middle school program and community. I know there is more to life in Clinton than CHS football but if a change doesn't happen now, the program is just going to sink even deeper. Coach Kerr needs to be a great assistant at AC or Campbell Co. The Dragons will be lucky to win more than 2 or 3 games next year and probably won't dress out more than 30 kids. Is that what the powers that be want? Probably more than 2 cents worth but I would like to see the program turn around. Sorry but Coach Kerr being there another year is not what is best. This is nothing against Coach Kerr as a person and I truly wish Coach Kerr the best and hope that CHS gets it turned around. Get political favors out of the hiring process and find someone who will build a program! Good luck!

Okay HTV you know what I'm saying, forget the Oak ridge reference. Clinton just can't get the players to come there. My grandson goes to Norwood and he says he's going OS.

No, Bounder - frankly I have no clue what you are trying to say. You've been all over the Anderson County map on this one.

Edited by HTV

Okay Close Clinton High School and combine them with Anderson County High School. Likewise all the other Clinton schools. Didn't want to put that in print but there you go . Sorry I beat around the bush before just didn't want to say it.

I don't know what the problem was, Bounder. I knew what you were talking about the 1st post you mentioned it. Wasn't rocket science. But, some people have to nuke everything lol.

Well, wouldn't that make sense? Norwood is in OS city limits. Or do Norwood kids have the option to go to Clinton? Or am i missing something?

I went to Marlow and Norwood, then Clinton. Most of my friends that went to Norwood went to OS tho. But most of them did live in OS and i lived closer to Clinton on Hwy 61 near Dosset.

What's the word on AC's, Clinton's and OR's non-district opponents for next year?

Anderson County opens week 0 at Clinton and go on the road for four straight weeks. Week 1 at Austin East week 2 at Gibbs, week 3 at Campbell County, week 4 at home with Karns, week 5 Powell, week 6 Central, week 7 Catholic week 8 open, week 9 Halls at home, week 10 at Oak Ridge as they prepare to go to the playoffs for the seventh straight year.