10AAA

olddevil

A recurring theme on these boards is the profound weakness of 10AAA..It is interesting to point out , now that all of their teams have exited the playoffs, that the 3 teams that made the playoffs in 5A, Henry County, Kenwood, and Northeast , scored a total of 112 points against semi -finalist Beech,; the other 9 0pponents put up only a meager 65!!!! 6A semi-finalist Mt. Juliet didn't score as many as Kenwood and only half as many as HC and Norteast. Just saying......

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a Henry Co. fan what you pointed out about this year is true but that's with the two top teams in the district. With that being said I have to be real and let you know year in and year out 10 AAA football is not a tough district as a whole. Not just the top two teams because we know that on most friday nights HC and NE (I dont even want to mention Kenwood) will hang w/ just about everyone in 5A. As a whole 10 AAA is not a tough district. That is in my eyes because when I went to HC we were in the district with bigger Nashville schools like Brentwood and Franklin.

A recurring theme on these boards is the profound weakness of 10AAA..It is interesting to point out , now that all of their teams have exited the playoffs, that the 3 teams that made the playoffs in 5A, Henry County, Kenwood, and Northeast , scored a total of 112 points against semi -finalist Beech,; the other 9 0pponents put up only a meager 65!!!! 6A semi-finalist Mt. Juliet didn't score as many as Kenwood and only half as many as HC and Norteast. Just saying......

GO BIG RED

Very valid point; then on the otherside; Beech scored 27 on MJ where they put up 55 on HC, 64 on Kenwood, and 44 on NE.

GO BIG RED

Beech scored 163 on the three teams from 10AAA. They also scrimmaged Dickson Co twice this year and scored a boat load against them too. My opinion is that 10AAA has three great running qb's. As an outsider looking in, 10AAA's greatest weakness is lack of D - even from their best teams. (certainly not the case last year with HC's D) Edited by tandem

Beech scored 163 on the three teams from 10AAA. They also scrimmaged Dickson Co twice this year and scored a boat load against them too. My opinion is that 10AAA has three great running qb's. As an outsider looking in, 10AAA's greatest weakness is lack of D - even from their best teams. (certainly not the case last year with HC's D)

I purposely neglected the obvious, Tandem.Simply stating that these three schools out scored the other 9AAA powers and left any conclusions to the reader. As to the three great running QB's, I will warn you that you are soon to see a fourth possibly better than the three that you have seen and he can really throw it!!!

GO BIG RED

I purposely neglected the obvious, Tandem.Simply stating that these three schools out scored the other 9AAA powers and left any conclusions to the reader. As to the three great running QB's, I will warn you that you are soon to see a fourth possibly better than the three that you have seen and he can really throw it!!!

GO BIG RED

I appreciate the warning. Once again, the Bucs will have their work cut out for them.

I don't think you are talking about the Patriots when you talk about the 4th qb coming through being able to throw but maybe you are and I hope so olddevil. HC must develope more of a passing attack or we will be left for well...we will be waiting on the senior dominated team which could get 10 yards on a full back dive (i.e. 2011 state champs) which was a heck of a team and najee did throw well when needed. Also the D and special teams were great. The Patriots got bounced by a memphis team that threw the ball 23 times i believe to our 7 times and HC completed 4 of the 7 which begs me to ask why not throw more?. When HC gets the the playoffs we have to be better all around unless we have a team that can match the will of any team in the state like last year which it took a long time for that to come around.

Edited by Patriot4

GO BIG RED

Who might this be? Is it even a Patriot?

I know we have some very, very good up and coming runners, but I have heard nothing of a stand out passer.

Edited by MSURacer

I don't think you are talking about the Patriots when you talk about the 4th qb coming through being able to throw but maybe you are and I hope so olddevil. HC must develope more of a passing attack or we will be left for well...we will be waiting on the senior dominated team which could get 10 yards on a full back dive (i.e. 2011 state champs) which was a heck of a team and najee did throw well when needed. Also the D and special teams were great. The Patriots got bounced by a memphis team that threw the ball 23 times i believe to our 7 times and HC completed 4 of the 7 which begs me to ask why not throw more?. When HC gets the the playoffs we have to be better all around unless we have a team that can match the will of any team in the state like last year which it took a long time for that to come around.

Ehhh...I don't really see anything wrong with how we play. Our 1st round playoff exit was a result of youth in my opinion. Add to that it was on the road against an opponent that was likely underrated by the minds of our players. I wouldn't count on it happening again next year.

As for our style of play, keep in mind, our 2006, 2007, 2008, and probably even our 2005 and 2009 teams all passed the ball much better and more frequently than did the 2011 team, yet none of them were able to accomplish what the '11 team did. It's all about the talent and strengths of your players, and how they fit into the system and perform as a team.

Over all, I'd say our coaches do an excellent job of game planning to our players' strengths. It's just a matter of getting them to a point where they can execute consistently, and although we lost in the 1st round, we were becoming much more consistent late in the year. There is reason to be excited for 2013 and beyond.