David Gregory resigns at William Blount.

oh i see , well goodluck to ya'll! but i do have to disagree that it was usually a one sided affair. 2009 and 2011 were only 14 and 15 point victories by sevier county and that was with us

having terrible coaching and wacky personnel decisions, we could have (key words: could have) won those games with the right game plan. the only blowout i recall was 2010 when sc jumped up 42 to 0 . this year considering we had abyssmal pass defense and all that had transpired the week bsfore the sc game we still.did pretty good and only lost by 17 points. i am dissapointed that sc took us off because i think we can give them a heck of a game if we get a good coach, hopefully we can play again in a few years.

I was at the SC game this year, and, IMO, the final score was no indication of the real game. SC could have put 80+ points up if they had wanted to. WB scores came against SC backups, that game was over halfway through the first quarter. True, the kids had been through a lot that week, with the death of a student, and we will never know how that affected them, but the game in no way was ever close.

Advancement: the art of winning with ooz players. If your happy with it then enjoy it. We will play with the rest of the kids not good enough for your great program.

Spin it however you want to. Doesn't affect me.

BUT, if this is the route that WB is going to continue to take, Heritage will be in the passing lane soon.

Where will the Maryville vs. SC game be this coming season?

I hope I'm not too off topic since that guy "from" Alcoa made this website to talk about coach Gregory.

Red

We open at Bearden in week 0 and Maryville travels to SC sometime in September (sorry lost the article that gave the exact date). Needless to say this instantly upgrades our schedule tremendously and energizes the fan base as well. Even if we lose both games at least we will have learned something about our team long before November rolls around. Now if we could only somehow replace Cherokee and Cocke Co. with some other formidable programs I could once again attend a full season of games.

... that guy "from" Alcoa made this website to talk about coach Gregory.

Heh...Thanks to the guy "from" Murvul.

That is the funny part about it, RR...Nobody really wants WB to do better more than probably you or myself.

I am glad that they are not making a knee-jerk hire, they seem to have some good candidates interested in leading there.

BUT! they need to make a commitment to that new coach with letting him make the hires for asst. coaches.

There is at least 1 coach that is still "on staff" that has been there since 1979.

That is not good.

There are enough positions open throughout BCS system to make the hires, place teachers and if current football staffers want to remain employed with BCS, then fine...but they should not coach football for the new HC if he does not want them there.

ALSO! At the Pee-wee/midget Super Bowls this year, Tim Hammontree was on the field after the games talking to the Heritage kids about the future at HHS...I did not see a single coach from WB there. Friendsville and Westside err, Fairview each has kids that are vulnerable to transfer. The new coach will HAVE to start a working relationship with Rec leagues and middle schools to insure HIS future at WBHS.