David Gregory resigns at William Blount.

i agree. thats what i have been saying lol.. we have had zero stability , its been a dang circus over here. thats why i get so irked when people criticize wb and say they suck , we havent had the big name coach that is loyal to the program like maryville, alcoa, farragut, sevier county, or dobyns bennet etc. but i think wb has done pretty dang good for a team in our predicament.

I agree.... there is absolutely no reason for William Blount and Heritage with the number of kids they have not to have football teams that can hold their own with anyone in their class.... I on the other hand being a Greenback parent get so very tired of hearing people talk about how Greenback is so overrated because they are a 1A school. I do remember a time when Maryville played Greenback, and Hated being there because it wasn't always pretty.....

If you are implying that Carpenters and Union Grove should combine and have one team, I wholeheartedly agree, and have said this for three or four years now, but I don't know how you could do it.

Yes that was what I was trying to say. I think it would be easy. Run a bus after school to where your practicing shouldn't be that big a deal.

Interviews are going on. I am expecting some news hopefully by the end of the year.

Scott, here is my 2 cents worth on the coaching hire. I'm sure Ridge would be a good solid choice for the job, but would he generate excitement, get the county talking, be something that the kids where excited about. Maybe he would, I don't know. I have no idea who has turned in an application, but is there a "out of the box" type hire to maybe really turn things around? We have went with the safe solid hires before and it hasn't got the job done. I believe you are an 89 model from WB. Think about what was going on then. Remember the guys going up and down the halls that should have been playing that were not? Remember the key guys that chose to go to other local schools that were a big part of there success? If my memory is correct, my senior year I believe Maryville had 6 or 7 starters on offense alone that were WB zoned. What WB needs is someone to really shake things up and try to reverse the past trends. Bring excitement to the halls of the school and get the community talking about WB. I don't know if there is a candidate out there like that, but if there is GO FOR IT! IMO

Scott, here is my 2 cents worth on the coaching hire. I'm sure Ridge would be a good solid choice for the job, but would he generate excitement, get the county talking, be something that the kids where excited about. Maybe he would, I don't know. I have no idea who has turned in an application, but is there a "out of the box" type hire to maybe really turn things around? We have went with the safe solid hires before and it hasn't got the job done. I believe you are an 89 model from WB. Think about what was going on then. Remember the guys going up and down the halls that should have been playing that were not? Remember the key guys that chose to go to other local schools that were a big part of there success? If my memory is correct, my senior year I believe Maryville had 6 or 7 starters on offense alone that were WB zoned. What WB needs is someone to really shake things up and try to reverse the past trends. Bring excitement to the halls of the school and get the community talking about WB. I don't know if there is a candidate out there like that, but if there is GO FOR IT! IMO

I agree that the community needs something to get excited about, and I believe Scott and the others have worked their rear ends off, and finally the board seems more serious about this hire. I believe they are going to hit a home run on this one.

Coach Quarles brought a lot of excitement to Maryville by throwing the ball all over the place and getting more athletes involved than just a Qb and couple of Rb's . Athletes like having a coach that is not super conservative , there's a young Coach that has interviewed there at WB that could bring an all star cast of 30yr old and under coaches , with several of them having learned football under Coach Quarles . That would bring lots of excitement back to WB football . We've all watched Coach Quarles long enough to know that when you have a bunch of kids who are disciplined and execute well you can overcome a lot of superior athletic ability by creative play calling , execution and discipline . Maybe it's time for WB to get updated in their Offensive play calling and coaching and scrap anything that even resembles the Wing T

I too am hearing quite a bit of excitement about the WB hire. I heard Coach Ridge is a graduate of WB, and that has to be a plus. IMO-they need someone who knows the lay of the land - so to speak - so he may be a good one. With the daily times article about being able to pay a little more, this may be a turning point for governor football. It would be awesome if the county rivalries were competitive. Best of luck to Ridge or whoever the hire turns out to be. I don't think it is a secret about the top things that need to be done to make the govs competitive. Maybe the administration will pull their weight and allow the new coach to get/keep the players. Winning at a high level won't happen overnight, but there are still many good athletes on that side of the county.

i like kevin julian , i know him personally , i wonder if he has put in for the job?

Kevin is a great guy, but would you seriously want him to be the coach? I don't think so.....I think they are aiming a little higher than that. Just hang tight and maybe by Friday, there will be something to be excited about.

i'm just putting the idea out there.... i know the last couple of years at halls were kinda rough but i think alot.of that was due to rezoning... rezoning took alot of talent away from halls ... did ya notice how powell got better and things at halls went south? lets not forget that halls had some good years under julian, in 2007 they were 9-1 in the regular season, their only loss was 38-30 to maryville. i think julian is a good coach and he is a good man, but i understand why people might be opposed to hiring him. regardless i just hope wb gets a good coach , a coach that will stick around.