Oak Ridge 2013 Schedule?

boyfromsi

Some stats on Gaddis' first time around. Wildcats lost 24 games from 1988 to 1998. Seven of these losses were to State Championship Runners-up. Three of those losses were to State Champions. Total combined record of all teams they lost to was 248-62 (80% winning record). Four losses to Murf. Oakland, losses three years in a row to Riverdale, and five losses to Dobyns-Bennett.

Watching 2005 OR/Farragut reg season. Gulmire running wild.

I think Joe became kinda complacent near the end of his 1st tenure @ OR. I feel we should've beaten most of the teams we lost to during the latter part of those years mainly 95-96. We barely lost to Riverdale 10-7 in 95 that was a heckuva game i remember. Gerald Griffin for Riverdale who signed with UT versus Mike Gipson who signed with UF.

Edited by SweetScience

The best RB in my opinion was Summers. Tied for second are Gulmire, Williams, Booker and Bohanon. Honorable mention would go to KIm Pettus.

My dad once told me before he died that Dave Griffith was the best he saw.

Trivia: I lived in Red Bank for a year...Name the Chattanooga Central and Baylor coach that once owned the same house?

The best RB in my opinion was Summers. Tied for second are Gulmire, Williams, Booker and Bohanon. Honorable mention would go to KIm Pettus.

My dad once told me before he died that Dave Griffith was the best he saw.

Trivia: I lived in Red Bank for a year...Name the Chattanooga Central and Baylor coach that once owned the same house?

E.B. Etter? That's funny you bring up Dave Griffith. My dad's father whom i never met told my dad he was the best he ever saw at the HS level, too. Said he could mortally fly. He told my dad that Dave Griffith ran a 11 second 100 yard dash on the old cinder tracks. Imagine what it woulda been on a normal track like today? My dad told me he signed with UT and the kids on UT's team found out that Dave was a confessed Jehovah's Witness, and the players on UT's team took a keen dislike for Dave after they found that out and just wore him out in practice. Ended up being Dave's undoing unfortunately. Speaking of Shawn Williams i think he is one of the most underrated backs we have had. I played with him one year and watched him throughout the year i played with him in practice and in games. I have never seen a tougher guy. He weighed 170 soaking wet but could take an inane amount of punishment and just keep coming back for more. Guy was tough as pine knot and quick as a flippin' cat, but he sure wasn't afraid of contact, either. Seen him run over more then a few guys while at OR.

Edited by SweetScience

Some stats on Gaddis' first time around. Wildcats lost 24 games from 1988 to 1998. Seven of these losses were to State Championship Runners-up. Three of those losses were to State Champions. Total combined record of all teams they lost to was 248-62 (80% winning record). Four losses to Murf. Oakland, losses three years in a row to Riverdale, and five losses to Dobyns-Bennett.

You watched a GREAT game, ORNole!! Spencer was CRAZY that night! And, it was senior night!

Very biased here, but the 05 seniors were special!!

By the way....happy you all are staying in Oak Ridge!

Edited by tandjtrent

Do you feel the "pup" is more like Gulmire on offense or defense? What will he play in the upcoming all star game?

You watched a GREAT game, ORNole!! Spencer was CRAZY that night! And, it was senior night!

Very biased here, but the 05 seniors were special!!

By the way....happy you all are staying in Oak Ridge!

Thanks, this is where we wanted to be. I just got caught chasing money instead the happiness we already had here.

Do you feel the "pup" is more like Gulmire on offense or defense? What will he play in the upcoming all star game?

Selected as a defensive back. The Spencer question is very difficult. I didn't see Spencer as an 8th grader. I do know what I've been told. Same player at the same age. What is saw Spencer do in high school that Chase can do is: he is always running downhill, great pad leverage, same style of cuts and vision. Defense - just always seems to know where to be and loves contact. I think so far the big thing is desire and getting every bit out of whatever talent he has. I thought Elliot was the same type player. Chase has a million miles to go to be compared, but he has a good chance.

From what I've seen, the Kimbro boy is a Gulmire clone, BUT Tee Higgens could be awesome!!!!! Don't mean to knock the young ones, but I'd much rather hear about this upcoming year's varsity players. I didn't get to any of Spring practice.

From what I've seen, the Kimbro boy is a Gulmire clone, BUT Tee Higgens could be awesome!!!!! Don't mean to knock the young ones, but I'd much rather hear about this upcoming year's varsity players. I didn't get to any of Spring practice.

Young seems ahead at QB. He's not flashy but seems solid.. Rowe and Jones seem to be frontrunners at RB with another small guy that I couldn't identify. The receivers are numerous. We don't have any great players but I think we'll be pretty good. The lines seem average.I think we're two years away.

Amen, there have been a lot of great players at OR since coacht has been around and I don't think I've ever seen one parent who's talked about there kid as much as OR Nole. Dude learn some humility. I know and have seen a lot of those kids play and all have a lot to work on before Nick Saben comes a knocking.

• Upvote 1

Young seems ahead at QB. He's not flashy but seems solid.. Rowe and Jones seem to be frontrunners at RB with another small guy that I couldn't identify. The receivers are numerous. We don't have any great players but I think we'll be pretty good. The lines seem average.I think we're two years away.

Was Jones #20? He looked very good running the ball and only gonna be a sophomore, right?