Covington vs. Fulton (This Wheeler man against this Black man)

Roy Dillard

Once again I'm going to say this, and I'm sure people will say I'm wrong but I promise you I'm not. Covington will have the fastest 2 guys on the field. Maybe Fulton can show they have have great team speed. But I can guarentee that they will not have 2 guys faster than Williams (#1) and White (#5). The line for Covington is also pretty quick as well.

I like Covington. I really do. But I heard all this talk about how fast they were last year before their against Maplewood. But then, as now, Covington has not seen a defense nearly good good as they will see when they meet Fulton. The Panthers shut them down last year and the Falcons will do the same this year. Fulton wins by at least two touchdowns.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I know that you Giles County folks have to make Fulton sound good, since they beat you like a drum.

I'll take my chances that Covington can beat Fulton. If not, at least we made it to Cookeville.

And, yes, we played Fulton once before (2003 State championship of 3A) and they beat us like a drum, too.

I have high hope that this time the outcome will be different. Why?

1. Better Passing

2. Johnston White

3. Carlos Williams

4. Coach Wheeler.

If not, I would rather be #2 in the state that anything other than #1.

Wow, I know that you Giles County folks have to make Fulton sound good, since they beat you like a drum.

I'll take my chances that Covington can beat Fulton. If not, at least we made it to Cookeville.

And, yes, we played Fulton once before (2003 State championship of 3A) and they beat us like a drum, too.

I have high hopes that this time the outcome will be different. Why?

1. Better Passing

2. Johnston White

3. Carlos Williams

4. Coach Wheeler.

If not, I would rather be #2 in the state that anything other than #1.

To compare this Covington team to last years team would be idiotic. The passing game for Covington is much much more a threat this year, as is the pass defense. Covington is tons better on both sides of the ball this year. Plus, last year Covington was without #1 all season due to injury.

I wasn't comparing last year's team to this year's team. I was saying this year's team will be stopped defensively much like last year's team. And speaking of defense, just like last year, I don't see the Chargers' defense being able to rise up to the challenge and stopping the Falcons.

Guy if you haven't seen Covington play then you are not qualified to make a statement on what you believe they will or will not do. I can assure you that Fulton has not seen an offense quite like the one Covington will show them, and they have not seen the athletes that Covington will put on the field either. Covington has 2 SEC guys on the field at all times. There hasn't been a team to stop them all year, and quite frankly I'm not so sure there is a team that can absolutely stop Covington, maybe slow them down but not stop them. Covingtons defense is pretty good as well. They have over 25 interceptions on the year to go along with 15 or so forced fumbles. Add that to the 10 points per game that they give up and you got a pretty darn good defense. People can talk up Fulton all you want, but one thing Covington will not be is intimidated.

Guy if you haven't seen Covington play then you are not qualified to make a statement on what you believe they will or will not do. I can assure you that Fulton has not seen an offense quite like the one Covington will show them, and they have not seen the athletes that Covington will put on the field either. Covington has 2 SEC guys on the field at all times. There hasn't been a team to stop them all year, and quite frankly I'm not so sure there is a team that can absolutely stop Covington, maybe slow them down but not stop them. Covingtons defense is pretty good as well. They have over 25 interceptions on the year to go along with 15 or so forced fumbles. Add that to the 10 points per game that they give up and you got a pretty darn good defense. People can talk up Fulton all you want, but one thing Covington will not be is intimidated.

Fulton wins by at least two touchdowns. My final word on the subject.

Fulton wins by at least two touchdowns. My final word on the subject.

We need someone to argue with midtnmale :popcorneater: don't leave! We know Fulton is good...Covington is what 0-3 in its run for the gold ball so we know there are no givens in the playoffs. This Covington team, especially the seniors, are a different kind of team than our previous run at the gold ball. More diversity as far as offense goes. Wanna beat Covington shut down the run....all game not just part of it. So far no one has been able to accomplish that..Looking forward to a great weekend in Cookeville!

It's funny that before the Giles/Fulton game the Giles posters were saying

Fulton was gonna lose to a superior team, then they got beat like rented mule

And now all of a sudden Fulton has the best team on the planet. Really comical!

The Covington team is fast as advertised, does that make a better team than

Fulton, maybe not, but I'd rather be fast than slow.

It's time for the Giles faithful to give their support to the basketball team.