Columbia vs Beech (This Stone man against this Crabtree man)

Roy Dillard

Columbia is a totally different team from when they played Dickson Co. that was early in the year. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.... Beech has given up their fair share on defense big time, and teams have self destructed against beech big time....and it wasn't because beech did anything to cause it.... Don't get me wrong you guys have a dang good football team on offense, but I have (hurd) from my station camp brethern that they gave you guys all you wanted and self destructed late in the 4th quarter, and station camp isn't anything to write home about.... so make your dickson county argument all you want but you will find a Columbia team that is ready to go to war!!!!!!!!!

Going by what Station Camp people say and what reality is now are two different things. If Columbia wins it will be a huge upset. Bottom line is Beech will have to self destruct for Columbia to beat them. The Lions may have a good offense but Beech has a great team. They will score no doubt but I will be shocked if Beech doesn't score much much more. Have fun.

And if you were realistic you would know that Columbia had better play better than they have over the last few years if they plan on beating Beech. I personally could care less if they won or lost. I don't cheer for them but saying they can't stop Columbia is laughable. Beech is pretty dang good and Columbia is not as good as they have been. That is just fact!

big deal, beech doesn't have a prayer stopping Columbia's offense

Come on man, Powell did a pretty good job of slowing down Columbia's offense, and they were without one of their best defensive players (Strozyk). The Lions had about 260 total yards last week, and only ~80 in the second half. Columbia has some very solid offensive playmakers (Martin, McNeese, Hall), but they don't have anyone that comes close to Hurd's level, and they don't have anyone who comes close to the level that we saw in last year's title game (Mobley & McPhetridge, Allen & Ray).

IMO, Beech has a good defense, one that is good enough to slow down Columbia. Columbia is going to have to play their best in order to beat Beech, and they'll have to cut out the penalties like they had last week (11 for 99 yards). Hurd is going to put up some numbers, but Columbia has to find a way to limit his effectiveness. No one has been able to do that this season, and unless he gets injured, I don't see the Lions doing it. Columbia's only chance is if they can slow down Hurd and pass the ball effectively.

Edited by osunut2

if Beech was half as good as t heir worshippers say, they might really be something!! Everybody in Columbia is laughing at the stuff they are posting on here Maybe Superman will run into some kryptonite tomorrow night!

FactsOnly:

1 Beech is half as good as their fans say

2 Kryptonite stops Superman

3 I know nothing about Columbia except they lost to an overrated Dickson County team

4 Jalen Hurd is not Superman and is therefore unaffected by Kryptonite

5 Beech will be the first top 10 team Columbia has faced this year

6 Columbia will be the fourth top ten team Beech has defeated this year

• Upvote 1

if Beech was half as good as t heir worshippers say, they might really be something!! Everybody in Columbia is laughing at the stuff they are posting on here Maybe Superman will run into some kryptonite tomorrow night!

We're not worshippers; we're just fans of our team. Just like you are.

I dont have a lot to compare to, but just by looking at these couple of games below and the Dickson scrimmage, you may need more than kryptonite!

Columbia vs Tullahoma = Close game

Tullahoma vs Cookeville = Close Game

Beech vs Cookeville = 56 - 0

Columbia vs Antioch = Close game

Antioch vs Station Camp = Close Game

Beech vs Station Camp = 41- 7

I'll probably be bashed but to add to what vol74 is saying. Dickson county absolutely dominated columbia to the tune of 28-0. Henry County absolutely dominated dickson county and was worse than the score showed at 21-7. Beech came into HC and won 55-41 behind one of the most prolific performances by a player (Jalen hurd 37 carries 456 yards) I've ever seen. Beech wins this one big fellas. Sorry columbia fans, not trying to say yall don't deserve to be here just saying lets be realistic.

Edited by Heisman1

This game will be about turnovers. I was at the Northside game because I saw Hurd run up 400+ yards and 5 touchdowns on my Henry County Patriots. Northside did a phenomenal job in the first half sustaing long drives and scoring touchdowns. Beech would get the ball and score in 3-4 plays. Beech fumbled once and Northside was able to get a field goal with it and went to halftime with a 24-14 lead. Then the 2nd half started with Beech going down and scoring. Nsides next possession had a bad referee call that forced them to punt and the rest was history as Beech reeled off three touchdowns in a row. Turnovers will be the key because Beech will score nearly everytime unless Columbia can force turnovers. I don't care who wins so I don't have on rose colored glasses I've seen Hurd destroy two good teams and that is what I'm using as a point of reference. If Columbia can score and cause turnovers then they havea chance, but I'm going with Beech in this one. Good luck to both teams! It was a great experience for our community last year! Go Pats!