Columbia vs Beech (This Stone man against this Crabtree man)

Roy Dillard

Corn is a good back but he is no way in the same class as Hurd or Dodson. Hurd is just a man among boys out there. He had speed to get to the corner or power to run over them up the middle. Hope Hurd is keeping the VOLS in his thoughts, they could use a stud RB.

If you put Hurd or Dodson behind the NFL lineman that are blocking for Elder there would be earth shattering numbers. Elder has break away speed and he is very shifty in the hole, but put him behind an average line and his numbers would suffer. Also if this were the college level and we were keeping up with YAC( yards after contact) Elder's numbers would suffer!

I got to hand it to him too. However, I think you could slow him by putting some really big kids at linebacker...he basically is just to strong for the 170 /190 pound kids most teams use. That was the surprising thing, how strong he was. However, his O line deserves a big chunk of the credit he gets too...they were very good

Well you better start recruiting those linebackers ASAP, because Hurd will be 225 by next season and much stronger.

few things going around on twitter - i ask you -

If Beech had just an above average running back ( No Hurd ) how many wins do they get ?

You are a college coach looking for a running back - whom do you pick

Hurd, Elder or Dodson...?????

I heard that Corn sort of called out Hurd and a few other social media outlets said Hurd couldnt reach them yds if he played in private league - your thoughts?

If Beech did not have Hurd, Carter in a full season could get 2,000 yards. I would say 10+ wins. Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central and Clarksville NE would be in question, however, Hurd is there and they are 15-0.

College coach question... I recruit all three. I highly doult Corn Elder is calling out Jalen Hurd. I believe Hurd would be the most outstanding player in the private school arena as well.

Futhermore, I believe Beech would beat the majority of privates this year.

I got to hand it to him too. However, I think you could slow him by putting some really big kids at linebacker...he basically is just to strong for the 170 /190 pound kids most teams use. That was the surprising thing, how strong he was. However, his O line deserves a big chunk of the credit he gets too...they were very good

Jalen Hurd cannot be touched by anyone at the high school level. There is a reason he is the #1 Back in the country and the #11 player overall (should be higher). We tried to tell you that. But i must say i was very surprised with the way the CCHS QB and Hall played. They really did everything they could. And i think i agree with you on the Hall over Elder to an extent. I think as a straight up back, i take Elder, but when you factor in recieving and catching the ball out of the backfield (like all those screens last night) Hall might get a slight nod in my book. Great game overall. Hurd just couldnt be stopped. Congrats to Columbia for gettin that far and not givin up without a fight. I respect every single one of those boys

Edited by dca44

Hurd is special no doubt but the O Line played really well too. Everyone knows you are going to run and you still have sick success like that hats go off to the guys up front. And while they aren't in Hurd's league, the other backs for Beech looked like they could be some pretty good HS backs as well. That is an impressive team you guys have.