Region 1

Brooksbrothers

what drama ;) ? just a bunch of folks who love our local wrestling and seriously follow it like some people love UT football, heck this is fun and certainly not meant to offend anybody... If you go to enough region one matches you can pretty tell out of the small group that goes to every match their team is in who we are... Lets keep it light everyone and to who I offended I apologize didnt mean it to be hurtful at all, I will be more sensetive in the future - Smile you all this will all be over soon then a bunch of us will start counting the days again till preseason again... Hope this region and as many kids from these teams as possible really come through this year and in the near future at the state level no matter what team they are on!

• Upvote 1

Oh how I miss the drama of wrestling season. NOT!!

Had nothing to do with the score or who he would be wrestling. The starting 182 was hurt from Sat. The best we had around that weight was an extra 160lb kid that we always try to get matches any chance we can. So we bumped him to 170 and bumped Hunter to 182 to fill the spot the best we could.

Seems that you would want your starting 170 to see how he would stack up against one of the regions possible state qualifiers instead of just filling a spot, since the team score was never in doubt. Just saying..

Seems that you would want your starting 170 to see how he would stack up against one of the regions possible state qualifiers instead of just filling a spot, since the team score was never in doubt. Just saying..

Bagley wrestled 170 against Boone that same night. Thats not a good excuse.

I've watched this conversation and abstained until I can't any longer. First let me say that anything is possible. I wasn't at the match so I didn't get to experience the dynamic of the emotions, but from seeing the final score it certainly doesn't appear that Science Hill would need to bump someone because they were worried about the team score, 55-19 is not exactly a close match.

Maybe Science Hill was unsure of the outcome of the 170 match with their starter and in an attempt to preserve a top seed at region they moved him to an easier match at 182. I don't see this happening because I believe the wrestling minds at Science Hill would rather see how they stack up and train to do better next time, they seem to be really good at making such adjustments. But who knows, maybe they were scared as has been implied....and maybe Iowa had scouts in the crowd and they wanted to impress--hey I said anything was possible right?

The fact that really baffles me is that Buzz19 and Fanoftheman were very quick to imply that SH 70 was avoiding the THS 70, but NO ONE has mentioned the fact that THS bumped their 132 away from Science Hill's stud at 132. Now I'm not saying that THS was running, but it seems out of fairness that if Buzz and fanoftheths170 are going to make the implication about Science Hill's 170 then someone should point out that THS did the same earlier in the match. Again, not sure that move was made with team score in mind.

In addition, I have heard from various fans who were at he match that there was some horrible sportsmanship on the part of THS fans--even taunting the Science Hill 170 during the Elizabethton match. So if that was you fanoftheths170, I would suggest you fight your battles with adults and not a 14 year old freshman who was doing nothing more than what his coaches instructed him to do. GROW UP and act like you have some sense. You are beginning to remind me of Sullivan East fans. (just kidding East--you all are still my favorite over the top obnoxious fan base)

So sayeth Humor

I dont understand the issue here anyway (FAN) they will wrestle soon at any rate. What should tuesday in a easily decided dual matter with our 182 out the coaches coach we watch and encourage... heck what would you be saying if they did wrestle? did it really leave you that unsatisfied? Is a match against a Freshman who doesnt touch the mat outside of wrestling season what you base your enjoyment of the dual or your 170 lbs success on? silliness! I assure you the kid doesnt choose to duck anybody he is pretty even keeled in that manner and pretty much takes a loss when he is beat with grace and acceptance much like he does a win.

Instead I would crow a little about how outstanding Hurley did even as a Sci hill guy I was impressed and happy to see his dedication and hard work paying off. Thats what should be the subject of this thread regarding THS wrestling right now and it is a big positive!

Edited by marshiebaby

I dont understand the issue here anyway (FAN) they will wrestle soon at any rate. What should tuesday in a easily decided dual matter with our 182 out the coaches coach we watch and encourage... heck what would you be saying if they did wrestle? did it really leave you that unsatisfied? Is a match against a Freshman who doesnt touch the mat outside of wrestling season what you base your enjoyment of the dual or your 170 lbs success on? silliness! I assure you the kid doesnt choose to duck anybody he is pretty even keeled in that manner and pretty much takes a loss when he is beat with grace and acceptance much like he does a win.

Instead I would crow a little about how outstanding Hurley did even as a Sci hill guy I was impressed and happy to see his dedication and hard work paying off. Thats what should be the subject of this thread regarding THS wrestling right now and it is a big positive!

Marsh-your compliments of Corbin are appreciated, both as a dad and coach, I'm very proud of his wrestling and character. Hunter has also done a great job as Ive watched him progress from youth to high school. I also agree that we need to focus on the positive coming from THS. Our program is building and will soon be very competitive on the region and state level.

Its fun to debate results, rankings, and I enjoy the rivalry but bottom line is we're here to create better wrestlers and young men. I believe both schools are doing just that.

Lastly, I'm also predicting SH over DB, 42-18.

Humor/marshie...Don't know the reasoning behind THS bumping their 132, maybe ducking who knows..that was an odd one too. The reason that I asked the question about the 70's in the first place was because of this thread and others predictions on how the weight classes would shake out. Since Bagley and Spangler were mentioned in those predictions I thought it would be a good match to see. Hurley...a grinder..he will surpise people if they have never wrestled him before. Can't speak for the fans...I haven't been to any place in this region that you don't get annoyed with hows fans react...must be the sport