Region 1

Brooksbrothers

U mean Palmer was involved in a tough match that had a unsportsmanlike element to it??? Gasp! well I never ;)...

like i said it was both of them. you cant put all of the blame on palmer. i was disappointed in both of them, but we cant put all of the blame on just one of them. also trash talking a 16 year old kid was not my intention of posting about the match. sorry if i offended anyone.

I dont put blame on Palmer over many years i have seen him bring out the worst in other wrestlers he frustrates many of them and is cocky enough/confident enough to get under their skin mentally as well... Sure it goes both ways too when he is in a tough scrap... I dont think you trash talked nor did I. Just is what it is...

I dont put blame on Palmer over many years i have seen him bring out the worst in other wrestlers he frustrates many of them and is cocky enough/confident enough to get under their skin mentally as well... Sure it goes both ways too when he is in a tough scrap... I dont think you trash talked nor did I. Just is what it is...

it doesnt really help that broyles doesnt have a very good temper on the mat himself and when you get two kids that have that much self confidence and they are both hard headed like that its bound to end how it did. i just hope to see these guys duke it out at regions and shake hands like men at the end.

The fact that griffans shoulder was about 6inches off of the mat....

As for this statement, I was out of position and cannot speak first-hand as to the certainty of the pin. But I do know this official, and trust me, he would not call the pin unless he was sure. And he would definitely take issue if anyone accused him of doing otherwise. He is as knowledgeable of wrestling as any coach or official in the state (he is a former coach and a very good one at that) and above all he is a good, honest man.

And even if he was inclined to make a dishonest call, he certainly wouldn't call it in favor of D-B because of where he's from and where his loyalties would lie.

So I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here...

Edited by perfessor

Crank - Confession time Austin is the same way, dont know many of the top wrestlers that dont have that edge as a participant in this civilized combative sport and dont at times drive their opponents to frustration. Lordy i wouldnt be offended one bit at my statement about my kid it wasnt trash talking, maybe you misunderstood my statement - remember aau state the last year they were both in it together Palmer left more then one kid crying or pounding the mat in anguish heck I remember one kid that everytime Palmer put him in legs would scream so loud the match would stop to reset (cause thats all the kid could do to keep in the match), some kids bring that out in their opponents... that was it in a nutshell - I feel Plamer is the best kid at his weight in this region for sure...

As for this statement, I was out of position and cannot speak first-hand as to the certainty of the pin. But I do know this official, and trust me, he would not call the pin unless he was sure. And he would definitely take issue if anyone accused him of doing otherwise. He is as knowledgeable of wrestling as any coach or official in the state (he is a former coach and a very good one at that) and above all he is a good, honest man.

And even if he was inclined to make a dishonest call, he certainly wouldn't call it in favor of D-B because of where he's from and where his loyalties would lie.

So I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here...

i was just saying i disagreed with the call i wasnt trying to down the ref. i know its tough out there and i also know that we all make mistakes. i could see clearly that he wasnt touching but he was however in the bad position and we wouldnt have the possibility of bad calls if he didnt get into bad position. i was not trying to say he had a bad call every single match but every ref has a call thats a little iffy here and there. Edited by newcoach215

Does anybody know why Science Hill did not wrestle Bagley at 170 vs Spangler from THS?

Had nothing to do with the score or who he would be wrestling. The starting 182 was hurt from Sat. The best we had around that weight was an extra 160lb kid that we always try to get matches any chance we can. So we bumped him to 170 and bumped Hunter to 182 to fill the spot the best we could.

Had nothing to do with the score or who he would be wrestling. The starting 182 was hurt from Sat. The best we had around that weight was an extra 160lb kid that we always try to get matches any chance we can. So we bumped him to 170 and bumped Hunter to 182 to fill the spot the best we could.

Oh how I miss the drama of wrestling season. NOT!!